**Yeah are you questioning your size?
Is there a tumour in your humour,
Are there bags under your eyes?
Do you leave dents where you sit,
Are you getting on a bit?**



He stared at the girl sitting in front of him. People where shuffling around, carrying trays and organizing things. He had put together the grill and picnic tables, she had been chauffeuring back and forth between the mansion and the city all day, so they had been granted a break.

He glanced longingly towards the large coolers. There was no beer, just soda. She shifted and blew off strand of hair from her forehead, staring at her toes.

He resumed his watch on her, trying to find something to say. There really were no words left. He had kicked her from the team week prior, and he was regretting it already. And he was dying to find out how Scott was treating her.

There was no way to approach the subject. She was pissed off. It was a small wonder that she could sit this close to him at all, let alone in silence instead of tearing in to him. So he kept staring at her, trying to find the right way to ask her back, because he hated when she was not talking to him.

Just as he thought he had found a decent opening Scott stopped by and leaned to whisper something to her. He was distracted enough actually not hear what he said, but it was obviously something quite funny since it made her smile.

“What was that?” He asked when Scott left.
“Nothing. Scott just told me that he had programmed a new scenario and he thought I should check it out before he tried it for the whole team,” she said standing up.
“Now?” He asked, glancing around. Everybody else was preparing for the barbecue and Scott wanted her to go training?
“Well, yeah. So?”
“With who?” He asked.
“On my own, everybody else is busy,” she said and before he could stop her she ran towards the main entrance.



**I spy with my little eye**



So far it had gone well. He had managed to keep himself from barging in every time it looked like she was going down. The scenario Scott had programmed wasn’t even near to his standards, but it was none the less dangerous. Ten droids, dark, abandoned factory as a background, filled with hazardous traps and dead-ends.

She was moving though it all fluently, like a dancer. Dodging lasers and blades, avoiding holes on the ground, waltzing around crazed droids gracefully. He felt a stab of jealousy when he recognized some moves Scott had obviously taught her, and immense pride flooded his veins when he spotted all the things she had learned from him.

It wasn’t before three remaining droids had gotten her cornered that his restraint snapped. He left the control room and tore in to the Danger Room, taking the shortest route through the maze.



**And now she's screaming**



Suddenly the place was swarming with droids of every shape and function. He could hear Marie screaming something, a command for the computer to end the scenario, but it wasn’t working. It wasn’t working, but to his relief droids weren’t targeting Marie. They were all coming after him. And it looked like all bets were off. Red lights were blinking on their foreheads, indicating that safety protocols that kept droids from actually hurting living persons were switched off.

“Get out of here, kid! Try to see if you can stop the scenario from the control room!” He shouted, then sprinted deeper in to the maze, droids close on his heels.



**You must survive**



They got him pinned down, quite literally. Two of them were holding him in place, manacle-like appendages wrapped around his wrists while rest of them gathered around, targeting him with their lasers. He tried to struggle free, but it was futile. Manacles only dug deeper in to his wrists, scraping against the metal coating his bones.

He counted fifteen droids, barrels of their lasers trained on him, coloring the front of his T-shirt bright ruby red.
“Marie? Kid? Turn those fucking gadgets off already!” Ruby red would soon turn to crimson, and he wasn’t all that sure that even his healing factor could take such extensive damage.


** Don't let it get you down **



When droids let go of him and their blinking lights turned off he could only sit on the cold concrete, shivering. It could have been her. Obviously there had been a glitch in the programming. It could have been her. If he hadn’t gotten curious, and jealous as hell he wouldn’t have followed her in here, and It Would Have Been Her.

He was going to gut Scott. Slowly. Preferably with a spoon. A very dull spoon, taking his time and enjoying every pained gasp and scream he could tear from the bastard before he died.




Robbie Williams: Supreme

Oh it seemed forever stopped today
All the lonely hearts in London
Caught a plane and flew away
And all the best women are married
All the handsome men are gay
You feel deprived

Yeah are you questioning your size?
Is there a tumour in your humour,
Are there bags under your eyes?
Do you leave dents where you sit,
Are you getting on a bit?
Will you survive
You must survive

When there's no love in town
This new century keeps bringing you down
All the places you have been
Trying to find a love supreme
A love supreme

Oh what are you really looking for?
Another partner in your life to
abuse and to adore?
Is it lovey dovey stuff,
Do you need a bit of rough?
Get on your knees

Yeah turn down the love songs that you hear
'Cause you can't avoid the sentiment
That echoes in your ear
Saying love will stop the pain
Saying love will kill the fear
Do you believe
You must believe
When there's no love in town
This new century keeps bringing you down
All the places you have been
Trying to find a love supreme
A love supreme

I spy with my little eye
Something beginning with (ah)
Got my back up
And now she's screaming
So I've got to turn the track up
Sit back and watch the royalties stack up
I know this girl she likes to switch teams
And I'm a fiend but I'm living for a love supreme

When there's no love in town
This new century keeps bringing you down
All the places you have been
Trying to find a love supreme
A love supreme

Come and live a love supreme
Don't let it get you down
Everybody lives for love

Come and live a love supreme
Don't let it get you down
Everybody lives for love