Author's Chapter Notes:
And something from Pet Shop Boys. I know. I know. I should burn all my CD's. On the other hand, if I hold on to them few years longer they will be real antique! :)
**We've been around forever
Look at us now together
Ordering drinks at the bar**


”I want you off from my team,” he finally spoke the words that had been hounding him for the past months, ever since Marie had confronted him about him having no middle ground when it came to her. She nearly choked on her booze before she managed to gulp down the amber liquid, then turned to look at him.

“You want me out of the team?” She asked, her fingers clutching the tumbler so hard that he was sure her knuckles would be white as a bone under her gloves. He nodded.
“I’m not being fair to you. Hell… I’m not being fair to anybody.”
“Damn right! I have worked as hard as anybody else and you’re kicking me out without a reason!”
“Keeping you in the team wouldn’t be fair. You’re always… Fuck. I need a drink…” He huffed, waving for the barkeep to fill his tumbler, then gulped down the whiskey. Pathetic excuse to buy some time.

“I’m always what?” She asked, looking positively furious.
“I have tried to treat you all equal. That’s what the team is about. But it isn’t working. You’re… You’re always special. In good and in bad…” He stared at the empty tumbler.
“What do you mean? Special? I sure as hell haven’t felt so special! You’re always picking on me!”
“Oh, for fuck’s sakes, Marie! Pull your head out of your ass! Can you honestly say that you don’t know why I’m always ‘picking on you’?” He growled, slamming his tumbler hard against the bar.
“You’re too big of a coward to pick on somebody your size? You’re an asshole?”

He grasped the lapels of her jacket and yanked her forward, their noses brushing briefly together.
“Coward? Yeah. I’m a coward. I’m fucking afraid of you. Afraid of what will happen if I do this…” He whispered with raspy voice, trying to make his fingers obey and let go of her. Apparently they had entirely different idea of what should happen than his brain.
“If you do what?” Marie asked, licking her lips nervously.


**To speak is a sin**



He hovered close enough to taste the whiskey in her breath, lips almost touching. He closed his eyes when it was impossible to answer to her curious and confused stare. Forced his fingers to let go of her and leaned back, fumbling his pockets and throwing some bills to the barkeep.

“Wait just a minute! Logan, wait!” He pushed through the front doors, intending to head straight to his motorcycle waiting at the parking lot. She’d get back home on her own. Then her hand landed on his arm and he knew he was trapped. There was no way out of this.

“What the hell was that?” She asked, hands folded under her breasts, head tilted slightly. Still angry, but more and more curious with every passing moment.
“What was what?” He asked.
“You nearly kissed me!”
“Yeah. But I didn’t. And we shouldn’t. It’s… You’re still on my fucking team! I’m supposed to be able to give you orders and treat you just like anybody else under my command, but it will be pretty impossible to do once we start fucking, Marie!”



Pet Shop Boys: To Speak Is A Sin

We've been around forever
Look at us now together
Ordering drinks at the bar

Saying hello to menfriends
Smiling across a friend's friends
Ordering drinks at the bar

To speak is a sin
You look first, then stare
And once in a while
A smile, if you dare

(Ta da da da da aah Ta da da da da)

We'll stand around forever
Regardless of time or weather
Ordering drinks at the bar

Looking for love, and getting
Nothing that's worth regretting
But wondering why we travel so far

To speak is a sin
You look first, then stare
And once in a while
A smile, if you dare

To speak is a sin
You'd better beware (aah)
But once in a while
A smile, if you dare (aah)

(Aah, Aah, Aah)

To speak is a sin
You look first, then stare
And once in a while
A smile, if you dare

To speak is a sin
You'd better beware (aah)
And once in a while
A smile, if you dare (oooh)

(Aaah Aaah Oooh)

(Aaah)