Author's Chapter Notes:
This is for Moonlightgoddess - thanks for the support. I'm glad you enjoyed this story.
Ororo frowned at the traffic in front of her small car. It had been a long, hard road in the years since Charles had passed away. The news hadn’t come as a shock; she’d known his time had been short after everything that had happened. What came as a shock was the news that he’d died from a heart attack he suffered after he’d had visitors.

She wondered briefly if his visitors had been Frankenstein, if the monster that the X-Men had unwittingly created had come back to haunt him. The low drone of the radio did little to sooth her as she stared at the cars before her. Time hadn’t eased the guilt, the pain of knowing that she’d allowed three innocent girls to be abused so horribly.

Even as she considered their torment she felt the old, familiar dread fill her as she realized that she had suffered to. She’d been abandoned by her team, by Charles just like Rogue and her friends.

A movement off to her right caught her eye and Ororo turned to watch the black mini-van as its doors opened. She smiled at the small, dark haired girl that climbed out of the side, she would be a beauty when she was grown, the long dark hair fell past her waist, and she wore an easy smile. The driver’s door opened and Ororo paled at the figure that stepped out. Rogue smiled down at the girl, her obvious pregnant body barely hidden beneath the silk shirt she wore.

While ‘Ro couldn’t read her lips, she had no doubt that the girl was her daughter. The same dark good looks, the same mannerisms, all told of a blood tie that may never have happened if Charles and Jean had been alive. Tears scalded Ro’s eyes as she watched Logan appear with Scott in toe. The two men smiled, an ease between them that they’d never had when they’d been at the mansion. She watched in shock and dismay as two small children appeared from the other side of the van, and hurried to Scott.

The happiness in his face left a bitter taste in her mouth as she watched the man she’d once considered a leader pick up the little boy and take hold of the girl’s hand. The two men stood talking to Rogue for a moment, Logan’s hand around her waist, his fingers drawing on her stomach as he held his daughter.

“Dear Goddess what did we do?” Ro asked softly as her car inched forward. Her eyes scanned the parking lot. If Logan and Scott were there where were the others? She spotted the SUV that rolled along to park next to the minivan and the doors opened. The tall, muscular man that stepped out to greet Scott and Logan with a handshake was as familiar as the young woman dressed in yellow and black that joined him. She carried a toddler, another walked next to her and her waist had thickened to reveal another child on the way.

A blaring horn sounded behind her and Ro turned her attention back to the traffic. She pulled forward, inched into place and turned off the main stream of traffic. Pain ripped through her as she caught sight of the group in her rearview, they were walking hand and hand toward the mall, the children’s happy faces at ease. As she sped along, Ro reached for her phone and pulled into a lone parking spot.

“Xavier’s School for Gifted Children,” Hank’s rich voice was a welcomed sound even as Ro sobbed her head against the steering wheel. “Ororo? Is that you? What’s wrong?”

Ro collected herself, “I saw them Hank. I saw Logan and Scott and the girls. They’ve got families Hank, babies – Goddess Hank, why? Why did we hurt them so badly?”

“I don’t know my love. Where are you and I’ll come pick you up.”

Ro glanced around her and told him before hanging up softly. She stared ahead, her hands tight on the steering wheel as silent tears rained down her face. Her entire body jumped at a sharp rap on her window and she turned her head to stare into the cold, merciless hazel eyes of a man she’d once considered a friend. With a trembling hand she rolled down the window, if he wanted to kill her, it would offer no protection either way.

“Small world ain’t it?” Logan ground out. “You uh enjoying your handy work?”

Ro swallowed painfully, “No. I know you don’t believe me Logan but I am sorry about what happened to those girls. I’m even sorrier for what happened to you and Scott and everyone. I didn’t know. –“

“Save the excuses for someone who’ll believe you.” Logan snarled. “Betcha thought I didn’t see you. Betcha thought even if I did I wouldn’t do anything about it. You were wrong. I saw you, and I’m only gonna say this once. Stay the hell away from us, or I’ll let the girls play with you and they may be mothers but they’re still trained to kill. They don’t have the same respect for life as I do – especially yours.”

Logan turned and strode away, leaving Storm to watch his retreating figure in silence. She jerked her door open and was violently ill as the sound of a rumbling engine filled the afternoon air. Long after Logan had vanished into the crowd she sat there in her car, a tremble in her body as she waited for her husband to come and get her. There would be no peace for them – they’d done too many wrongs to those who hadn’t deserved it. But there could be an uneasy truce and she’d have to live with that.