The low rumble of the bus barely disturbed the morning peace as it rolled to a stop in front of the massive statue of a dinosaur. The soft woosh of the doors opening heralded the arrival of the senior students a moment after Storm stepped off the bus.

Being so close to Frankenstein’s headquarters sent a chill of fear through her but she refused to cave in to its demands. They knew there was more danger back in New York than there was here.

“Okay you all have partners and assignments. We’ll be visiting for several days before we head into Calgary to visit the Western Culture Museum. Remember to keep together and do not allow yourselves to be manipulated into using your gifts.”

“Yes ma’am.” The chorus of voices drew a slight smile from Storm as Piotr and Hank joined her.

“Do you think this will work?” Piotr whispered softly as the kids hurried to do their first assignment of the day.

“Jean isn’t here.” Storm replied softly. “That’s reason enough for me to relax.”

“We’re awfully close to Logan and the girls. You think they’ll believe we’re not going to…”

“I don’t know.” Storm shrugged and looked at Piotr. “We have no choice. I won’t risk the kids’ safety for her gain.”

“The children are our paramount concern. Hopefully, they won’t come across the true purpose of our little visit to this place. Now then shall we join them?” Hank interrupted softly.

“Yes.” Following the two men Storm walked quickly into the massive dinosaur museum. She paused at the doors and turned to look over her shoulder to see a tall, dark haired man watching them closely. His long duster brushed the tops of his boots, and he carried a staff, a cowboy hat sat cockily atop his head and he grinned at her before vanishing quickly.

Shivering Storm hurried inside. Even here they were watched.



“Mrs. Creed?”

Helen glanced up at the soft, sultry greeting.

“Gabriel what a pleasant surprise.”

“Those ‘teachers’ you wanted me to find have been located.”

“Where?”

“Drumheller Alberta. They’re there with a large group of older children.”

“Any ideas on what they were doing?”

“The students are there to learn, the teachers are there to avoid Jean. Does that make any sense to you?”

“Perfect sense.” Helen smiled softly, seductively. “Contact Val tell her to assemble all the teams. We’re going out to play.”

A slight smirk crossed the man’s face before he vanished into the shadows as easily as a puff of smoke.

Taking out the cell she carried Helen punched in the now familiar number and listened to it ring.

“Hello Monster house, how can I help you?” The young voice greeted her easily.

Chuckling Helen stared out over the landscape. “Is Logan there?”

“Sure. Just a second and I’ll get him. LOGAN!” The increase in volume had her wincing slightly but she waited patiently for Logan to come on the line.

“Logan here.”

“They’re here.”

“Where?”

“Drumheller. Three of the teachers have the older children there. My sources tell me they’ll be out of the picture for a few days.”

“Are you mobilizing?”

“Yes. You coming?”

“Let me get the boys and we’ll join you. Where do you want to meet up?”

“Toronto okay with you?”

“When?”

“Tonight. Midnight.”

“We’ll be there.”

“I know you will be.” Helen whispered as the line went dead. She had no grand illusions about her son he could be a mean son of a bitch when the situation called for it and he had no qualms about killing those that had hurt his girl.



“Who was on the phone?” Rogue asked softly as she leaned against the doorjamb.

Turning Logan eyed his wife with a small smile. She glowed, the weariness that had plagued her so long seemed to have vanished and she was taking care to be a young woman. The events still marked her life, she didn’t trust easily, and was constantly on guard against attack when outside of the house but still she’d come a long way.

“Who was it Logan?”

“Helen.”

“What did she want?”

“They’re mobilizing the teams. The X-Men have the senior classes in Alberta and she wants to strike now.”

“You’re going?”

“I don’t have a choice.” Logan replied softly, everything in him screamed to kill the woman who’d done so much damage and he couldn’t back away from that.

Rogue nodded and walked toward him. She understood better than most what Logan was feeling; she knew he needed closure almost if not more than she did. For Logan there was no other way – it was ingrained within him. Wolverine would never allow his chosen mate to suffer and Logan had listened to his gut, to his instincts when it came to the events that had led to the current situation. “Do me a favor Logan.”

“I can’t let them…” Logan started forcefully only to be silenced by her fingers on his lips.

“Kill them and come home to me, to us. I want this over with. I want to live my life without worrying about her. They betrayed us and now we have to pick up the pieces.”

“What about the team in Alberta?”

“They have acted appropriately. Leave them be but Jean and Charles I want to suffer. I want them to know what it feels like to have your soul shredded. I love you, our baby loves you and I will do whatever I have to ta protect all of us.”

“You’re not mad that I’m taking the boys with me?”

Rogue smirked and raised an eyebrow at him. “Three is better than one. Besides Helen’s people are going to be there as well. When Charles Xavier realizes what he’s done it’ll be too late and he’ll be staring at the ruins of his precious dream.”

“I’d better get Scott and Tank. You’ll be safe here.”

“I know. Go, rescue us again. Then come home.” Rogue whispered as he walked away. “Logan. Don’t make me come get you.”

Logan grinned at her. “Wouldn’t dream of it babe.”

Rogue stood in the kitchen and watched the slow steady advance of the clock hands. She knew this had been coming, knew that Charles treasured Jean above all others but she’d hoped that this nightmare was over.

Hearing the soft sound of heels on the floor she glanced at the open doorway and smiled sadly at Kitty and Jubilee who stood there watching her. “What do you think?”

“I think we’re going to sit here and wait. After all the boys can handle this assignment.” Jubilee said moving to the coffee pot.

“So you’re just going to let him walk out the door?” Kitty huffed.

“Yes. Kitty we need a chance to live. We’re looking over our shoulders for a woman who should have learned to leave us alone a long time ago. I won’t do that anymore. Our babies deserve the chance to have a normal life!”

“Just so you know I wish we were going! I hate waiting.”

“Get really patient. Besides that you’re due within a week or so. If you go chasing after them you’re liable to go into labor and having a baby on the side of the road don’t sound like fun to me.”

“Spoilsport. So what do we do while we wait?”

“That’s easy.” Jubilee cracked a grin. “We go shopping!”

They laughed at the obvious attempt to dissipate the tension even as they realized that shopping wouldn’t take their minds off the problem. Nothing would except having their men home safely.



Killing the lights of the truck Logan glanced at the other two men in the vehicle before sliding out of the cab and into the warm night.

“Hey Creed, glad you could make it.” The masculine voice had them glancing at the tall duster encased figure standing in shadows. “She’s inside. We’re going over all the intel we’ve got.”

Logan nodded and headed into the small, nondescript brick building. Standing around a large table with maps lit up was Helen Creed and various others that were both familiar and complete strangers.

“Glad you could make it son,” Helen didn’t glance up from her appraisal of the maps. “We were just going over the entry.”

“You take into consideration that they’re both telepaths?”

“Yes.” Helen gestured to a small desk with several small, communications like devices. “They’ll block the telepathy and allow us to communicate without worry. They’re completely secured.”

“How long do you think this will take?” Scott asked. “Kitty’s due by week’s end.”

“We’ll have you home in time for your child’s birth Scott.” Helen grinned at him. “A bit battered maybe but you’ll be there. Now then since we’re all here I’ll make this quick. Creed Inc. this is Frankenstein’s muscle. Logan, Scott, and of course you know Tank. For those who aren’t familiar with the faction Frankenstein is a group of women who were sold out by the man and woman we’re currently plotting attack against. They spent months in a lab and endured a rather horrific amount of damage both mentally and physically. They’re skilled killers now but are all in the latter stages of pregnancy so they sent their men folk.”

“Glad to have you here.” Gabriel drawled.

“Okay now then onto the matter at hand. My insider has revealed that Charles spends a great deal of time in Cerebro which is located in the lower levels. Jean will be at any point so we need to get in and find them both as quickly as possible. We’re going to strike tomorrow night at 0100 hours. We’ll hit them silently, Tech that means you’re gonna have to neutralize their security system long enough to get all of us in. Say ninety seconds. Once we’re in the security will be of no concern. Remember, I do not want anyone to fall prey to their telepathy so use your blockers. I want them turned on high…if they’re powerful enough to rebuild a mind then they’re certainly powerful enough to destroy one.”

Helen glanced around. “Input? Questions?”

“What’s this?” Val asked pointing to a spot on the top map. “Are we using this as our entry point to the grounds?”

“Yes. There is no security there, no cameras or sensors so we’ll enter the property there. Once we’re inside Val you and your team will take the east side. Gabriel you and your team will take the west side. I’ll take the back entry on the North side. Tech you’ll go in from the room. Logan your team’ll take the front doors. We’ll synchronize our watches to attack and hit them hard and fast.”

“Collateral damage?”

“Minimal. The cleaning staff may be there, I want no one but Jean Grey and Charles Xavier taken. If you find them and can neutralize them to stand trial do so. If not then ensure that they will be of no risk to anyone. I want this to be clean, quiet, and fast. If you have doubts or concerns now is the time to bring them up.”

“What of the rest of his team?” Edward demanded. “The trio that’s in Canada.”

“To my knowledge they represent a small threat. We won’t bother with them at this point. Right now I want everyone to focus on this direct hit. We can always remove them at a later point.”

“Agreed.”

“Logan? Scott? Tank? Comments?”

“I want this settled now.” Logan ground out as he stared at the maps. Raising his gaze he met Helen’s eyes head on. “We’re not about to run from this but I’m not going to allow our girls to spend their nights in the throws of nightmares and terror that are awakened by every implied threat from down south. We neutralize them we do it for good. No trial, no good versus bad. He went back on his word and he’s gonna pay for that dearly.”

“We’re with him.” Tank nodded at Logan. “I’m not going to lay awake at night watching Jubilee scrubbing at her skin like it’s some sort of disease. She’s been through too much to allow them to have any more power.”

“Agreed. I’ve gotten all the equipment that will be needed and you have access to it. Feel free to take some time and discuss your plans with each other. Just remember that we must coordinate our moves so that we’re in harmony. I don’t want us getting in there and falling apart because everyone has a different goal in mind.”

Logan grunted his acknowledgement as he stared at the maps and graphics. He’d had enough of Jean Grey and her manipulations. She’d destroyed more lives than he could count. He wanted more than anything to run his claws through her heart, shredding her from the inside out. He would relish the feel of her blood upon his claws, the agony of her death would be welcomed after the agony Rogue, Kitty, and Jubilee still suffered!