Through the haze of the sedative she’d been given Jean could clearly identify Charles. He sat in his wheelchair so calmly, so serenely and she wondered if they’d sedated him as well.

Sinking onto the gurney she’d roughly been pushed at she curled up into a ball, hoping to just ride the feelings of peace from the drugs. Closing her eyes she lay still, knowing that she wouldn’t sleep despite the exhaustion that clung to her body.

“You ready?” A familiar voice, filled with cold indifference. A voice that at one time been filled with love, with warmth for her.

Jean shivered she felt so cold, so used up but she knew she had to stay strong. She had to get what she needed for them all to survive. Years of listening to people speak evil of mutants, of her had worn her emotions thin and now all she wanted was to kill those who were opposed to the mutants.

The softest of touches on her mind had her shifting uneasily as she glanced up to see Charles by her head. A small, sad smile crossed his face as he leaned toward her, “I’m sorry Jean.”

Frowning in confusion Jean gasped as she felt her mind being ripped open. Like the layers of a fine, delicate pastry Charles lifted each one, dismantling her mental blocks, destroying her control.

~What are you doing Charles?~ Jean demanded panicking slightly. She didn’t want her mind dissected, didn’t want anyone to know her deepest darkest secrets.

~Helping you child. Helping you.~ Charles replied sadly. ~Just relax. This won’t hurt a bit.~

Jean trembled on the table silently cursing the drug in her system. Whatever it was had made it impossible to struggle and she was once again at the mercy of someone else who was stronger than she.

Closing her eyes she felt the hot scald of tears on her face even as she saw Charles walking through her memories. Memories of the child of Scott’s she’d destroyed rather than give life. Memories of the men she’d seduced, the power she’d gained, the horrors she’d done to those who were weaker or not worthy. With each layer, each twist of her mind she could feel Charles backing out of her mind slowly until it lay open and exposed.

“Hey bitch,” the soft purr in her ear had her tensing slightly but she couldn’t do anything to stop what was coming. “Way I figure it these belong to you.”

With the force of a tidal wave slamming into the beach memories that weren’t her own were flooding her mind. Agony unlike any she’d ever know raced along her body, scorching nerves with brutal heat. Gasping, screaming out she could feel every inch of her body being abused, sliced, drained, she could feel the scalpels that traced over her skin, feel the scorching of hot metal on her bones.

Suddenly the silence of her mind was shattered with the angry, snarling, taunts and barrage of insults from men in uniform. The screams of agony of pain, the sound of a voice begging for mercy oozed into each crevice in her mind taking up all the space that had been freed with the dismantling of her shields until all she was aware of was the nightmare of being in the lab, of being treated as an object and the sensation of being unclean.


“It’s done.” Jubilee whispered tiredly a hand to her head. For the first time in a long time she didn’t hear the whispers of her memories. Didn’t feel the icy grip of Iceman’s hands on her body. Instead it felt like the slate of her mind had been wiped clean.

“How are you feeling?” Tank asked softly.

“Tired. Almost as stired as Rogue and Kitty. Was it enough?” She glanced from Tank to scott. “Do you think it’ll be enough?”

Glancing at Charles then at Jean who lay trembling on the gurney the men shrugged. “Time will tell.”

“I’ve done what I could…”Charles started.

“And we’re grateful. However we aren’t about to let you just walk out of here. When the time is right we’ll release you.” Scott replied. “Once we make sure that Jean isn’t going to wake up with her guards in place and ready to destroy us for something we didn’t do or rather did.”

Charles sighed and glanced at them. None looked guilty or in a rush to uphold their end of the deal and he wondered about it. Breathing carefully he did a surface scan of those in the room and realized that indeed they planned on releasing them. They would be home if the women faced the team together, if they found them innocent of any and all imagined wrongs. Charles would have to do some serious talking to get things back to where they could all live on the same continent without killing one another.

Glancing at Jean who lay on the bed trembling her body covered in a fine sheen of sweat, her bearing one of pain he knew he’d done the right thing. He couldn’t find it within him to feel guilty for helping to stop a woman who relished the pain inflicted upon others beneath her.

He only wondered how long until the trio of women would feel up to meeting with them. Glancing at Jubilee who was smiling at the walking wall with a secretive, loving look even as she held her stomach he felt a chill go through him. It looked like it might be a long wait.



The hard floor of her cell was a welcomed thing as Jean rocked back and forth, clawing at her mind to stop the images being played out in her mind’s eye. With every picture of the horror that Jubilee had to endure the pain increased until Jean’s world was a mass of jumbled images and sounds.

Sobbing silently she could smell the stench of urine and semen, could feel the hard brutal penetration of a foreign object into every orifice. With hands that trembled she cupped herself, hoping to ease the agony of being ripped into pieces. Swimming in pain she could feel her own pride, feel the agony of having her womb ripped from her body.

She felt the sting of the pricks of needles into Rogue’s body. Could feel the horror of having her body and mind desecrated. Like the annoyance of a buzzing insect the sound of Rogue’s insane laughter wafted through her mind.

Laughing herself Jean rocked harder, longer…maybe just maybe if she rocked enough she could make the pain, the shame go away and she could have her mind back. Some part of her knew though that her mind was no longer her own. That what had made her who she was had been taken from her and she wondered idly if she could survive this.