The sound of a key turning in a lock had those within the cell glancing up. The tall, broad shouldered man who stood eying them made Charles uneasy.

“Well looks like you’re awake.”

“Yes, yes we are.” Hank shifted pulling Storm a bit tighter against him.

“Good. Feedin’ time’s early today. Got things to do and you’re not going to hold anyone back.”

“Look we uh we need to have a bath or shower or something.” Storm spoke softly. “Not to mention a bit of exercise.”

“You want exercise, sex is one of the best there is.” Tank grunted as he unloaded breakfast. “Now we’ve got a meetin’ so try not to get too loud.”

“Where’s Logan?” Charles demanded. “I wish to speak to him.”

“He’s busy.”

“Then get him. I have an offer that may…”

“I don’t interrupt a conversation between Streaks and Wolverine. I prefer to keep my genitalia intact. So does my girl.”

Charles sighed. “Please. All I want is this to be over. I don’t want to fight with you, we have to get home.”

Glancing at the other three Tank shrugged. “Logan wants to see you he’ll come see you. I ain’t about to tell him he has to.”

“But…”

“Look around here we put our women first. Now Rogue may just be another piece of disposable trash to you but to some of us she’s pretty damn important. I won’t allow you to risk the health and welfare of her child for your pride.”

The slam of the door left the rooms occupants in shocked silence. If what he’d said was true than they had another problem. How do you communicate with someone who can’t or won’t listen to you?



“Damn fools. Figure that everyone’s gonna just jump through hoops to listen to them.” Tank muttered stalking into the kitchen and slumping into a chair next to Jubilee.

“Must have been pretty mouthy to spoil your good mood.” Jubilee teased softly as she nudged him. “What’s old ‘Hairless Wonder’ want?”

“To talk to Logan.”

“Logan’s busy.” Jubilee gasped in horror.

“I know.” Tank glanced up as the light fixture rattled. “Something tells me he ain’t gonna be doing much visiting today. Rogue seems to be in high gear.”

Chuckling Scott walked into the kitchen. “Tell me about it. I could hear them all night.”

“I think it’s a good thing.” Tank drawled carefully as Scott handed him a cup of coffee. “She’s spent so long feeling guilty for the anger, the rage within her that she needs an outlet.”

“But to putting Logan’s healing factor such a strong workout to get off?” Scott paused. “Would that be wise?”

With a tired glance at his comrades Tank shrugged. “Can you think of any reason why Rogue shouldn’t be a sexual being?”

“What do you mean?” Scott asked catching the telling glance Tank and Jubilee shared. “What’s going on?”

“You know how everyone said Rogue wasn’t abused sexually?” Jubilee whispered. “How they couldn’t do that to her?”

“Yeah? Don’t know why not Logan’s been working out the bed for so long.”

Jubilee shrugged. “Jean wanted Logan, figured she could play with him and it hurt Rogue. It made her think she wasn’t sexually worthy. With our capture and the exploitation she suffered it only reinforced Rogue’s opinion. Logan’s willingness to make love to her all day and night has made Rogue aware that she is sexual.”

“So Logan’s doing for Rogue what I did for Kitty?” Scott asked.

“Pretty much. The thing is we have to use that therapy to help all of us. Logan wants justice, and he wants this over with because it’s keeping Rogue wound up and that ain’t good for her or the baby.”

“What does Rogue want from Xavier and his team?”

“She wants Jean to suffer as we have. She wants to push the memories into Jean’s mind and leave her to rot.”

Scott nodded. “Does anyone else have those memories?”

“We all do Scott.” Jubilee shrugged. “We lived it, and we didn’t get the blessing of mind control drugs that kept us unaware.”

Scott nodded slowly. “You could influence Jean’s mind. You could make her…”

“But how? I don’t know anything about telepathy.”

Scott grinned. “But Xavier does. We use him as a connector. Get him into Jean’s head and then he can build a bridge between your mind and hers. Once it’s built then you can deposit the memories.”

“She could build walls around them though.”

“Yeah but that’s where Chuckie comes in.” Scott ducked as the ceiling seemed to groan under the weight of something falling on it. “Damn they broke another frame.”

“What do you mean?” Tank demanded after a quick chuckle. “What does Xavier have…”

“He could make it impossible to build walls around them. Basically he could lower her guards, her telepathy and render her mind useless to anything.”

“But would he be willing to?” Tank demanded. “There are more than just us involved now Scott. With both Kitty and Rogue pregnant and in their first most delicate trimesters any shock or upset could have potentially devastating effects. I know Logan…”

“Yes. Something tells me he wants out of this mess as badly as we do.” Scott declared.

“Fine then you and I’ll go down and talk to him. See if he’s willing enough…even if he isn’t I’m sure he could be influenced to help.”

Jubilee sat in silence as the two men left the room. She had no qualms with putting the memories in Jean’s head, no qualms with destroying the beautiful doctor. Twisting her coffee cup around Jubilee sighed, with any luck everything would be over soon and they could get on with living life.

Rising from her chair Jubilee walked over to the counter and pulled out the box of saltines Kitty had insisted be put in every room in the house. Smirking slightly she opened a package and headed for the den.