Stepping into the kitchen Jubilee saw Rogue leaning against the counter. Rogue’s body was bent over the counter, her face a mask of agony.

“Rogue! God are you okay?”

Rogue nodded quickly. “Of course.”

“So why do you look like you’re in agony?”

Rogue shrugged and stood up. “Because I am. Every bone in my body aches…something to do with my hormones before my period.”

“How long has this been happening?”

“Last two months. I went to talk to Tank this morning and he said he was going to run some tests. The results’ll be in tomorrow.”

“Why don’t you go lay down?”

“I have too much to do.” Rogue replied softly. “I don’t know what to do with our ‘guests’. If we let them go we’ll be fighting them another day…”

“If we keep them we lose everything we’ve won.” Jubilee pointed out. “Besides it’s not like Jean’s going anywhere. And Warlok is facing a tribunal for what happened.”

Rogue nodded slowly. Turning to Jubilee she bit her lip, “Can we do this?”

“This?”

“Can we finish it? Can we live with whatever happens from here on out?”

Jubilee shrugged and settled into a chair. “What’s really on your mind Rogue? And tell the truth because you deserve it.”

“Logan’s been here a long time. So much longer than he’s ever stayed anywhere before. I’m just wondering what’s going to happen when this is over. When Xavier finally says ‘I was wrong’ what then? Do I find myself alone? Can I live without the one constant in my life?”

“What makes you think Logan’s gonna run?”

Rogue slid something across the table and stepped back.

Jubilee stared down at the small white length of plastic on the table. Glancing up sharply she stared at Rogue, “This is Kitty’s?”

Rogue shook her head slowly.

“Damn girl. How long did…?”

“I didn’t. If I had I’d have waited for this to come to a head. I’d have reacted differently. Now I have to tell Logan and deal with that bunch downstairs.”

“I think you need to talk to Logan. Leave them to those of us who don’t have an important conversation brewing.”

With a shift of her weight Rogue headed for the door. She paused in it for a moment before turning to look at Jubilee, “I don’t feel guilty for what I did to her. I won’t feel guilty.”

Jubilee stared at her for a moment. “Good. She hasn’t earned the right to have you feel guilty. Leave them to me and Tank. We’ll figure out what to do with them. Just deal with you and Logan’s issues now.”

Staring at the stick on the table Jubilee sighed. Things were about to get even more harried, and there was nothing but good things to come.



“Logan?” Rogue stepped into the den where Logan, Scott, and Kitty were sitting watching television. “You got a minute?”

“Sure baby,” Logan glanced up at her. “What’s on your mind?”

“I need to talk to you. Privately.”

Exchanging looks Scott and Kitty rose. “We’re gonna go grab something to eat.”

“What’s wrong?” Logan asked as soon as the door was closed.

“I uh I guess you’ve noticed I’ve been a bit off lately.”

“And then some.” Logan chuckled. “But that’s okay. I still love you.”

Rogue smiled and moved to sit next to him. Picking at a nail she glanced at him uneasily. This was harder than fighting Xavier for their identities. Harder than anything she’d ever done and she wondered if she could survive losing it all.

“What’s on your mind Marie?” Logan asked. “You’ve been acting funny for a while now…”

“Everything is off.” Rogue whispered softly. “My whole body is off. My mutation is screwy, I accidently touched you this morning when I got up and nothing. No pull, no tingle nothing and yet when I brushed against the plant in the window I felt it.”

“So? Just means you’ve been stressed out lately. Or don’t you want to touch me…?”

“Yes! Yes I want to touch you without a barrier Logan. It’s just that well…” Rogue rose sharply and began pacing. “Look I didn’t plan this but I’m pregnant. Don’t ask how it happened because we both know we’ve been using condoms every bloody time. I took a home test and it came back positive, I asked Tank to run some tests and he agreed but I already know. I can’t do this by myself. I need you in my life Logan I can’t give you up…”

“Slow down baby.” Logan rose and caught her arms in his hands. “We’ll make this work. Now tell me slowly, calmly what’s the problem? So you’re pregnant…I’m elated by that. Means we’re going to have another addition to the family. You and Kitty can both suffer the symptoms together and I can actually understand Scott’s exhausted state.”

“But what about us! You’ve stayed so long Logan, a baby changes everything.”

“Not for me. I’m always gonna be there for you. And once we get rid of those geeks downstairs we’re gonna be back to normal. We’re gonna take care of our kids, help out who and when we can and live our lives. No more worrying about why things happened. It’s just gonna be us.”

Rogue smiled shakily. “I like that plan. But what do we do about Xavier’s people?”

“Leave that to me and the rest of the team. You’ve carried us all for a long time Marie. Let us carry you for a while.”

Rogue nodded. “For a while.”

“Now I’m starving so how about some lunch and then we’ll have a long afternoon nap.” Logan suggested.

Laughing softly Rogue followed his example and turned away from the conversation about the X-Men. She’d let them deal with this problem…at least for now.



“Rogue sleeping?” Scott asked as he stood next to Logan on the front deck. Glancing at the other man he noted the beer held loosely in a hand, a dark, pensive look on his face. “What’s on your mind Logan?”

“We have to get rid of them. We need to give our girls a chance to enjoy their pregnancies instead of worrying about what someone’s going to do. Rogue’s terrified that as long as they’re here she and the baby are at risk.”

“Seems to me that’s not all she’s worried about.”

“No. She doubted her ability to keep me here. Figured with the pregnancy it would drive me away!”

“And is it?”

“Do you see my ass on the back of the bike?” Logan demanded.

“No. I don’t, not now not after the baby’s born.”

“So we need to figure out what we’re going to do without guests and how we’re going to get on with our lives. I won’t allow Xavier to have anymore of the girls than he’s already stolen.”

Scott nodded. “Tank suggested a meeting later. After both our girls are in bed and sound asleep. He’s got a way of fixing things so that we’re free of this…and the girls will have their peace of mind!

“Good.” Logan drained his bottle of beer. “You want another?”

“Sure.” Scott chuckled when Logan handed him an unopened bottle of beer. Staring out over the yard he let the night sounds play across his mind. He wanted this to be over as much as the girls didm as Logan did...maybe more.