Jean could feel her mind and body swimming in a restless sea of pain and rage. Each breath felt like her chest was being shredded. Each moan, each whimper pounded through her head.

Blinking her eyes open she stared hard that the line of chairs. Empty now, her hell empty save herself. She remembered Logan’s growl that had the three girls backing off and leaving her to lay on the floor, battered, bruised, but not broken. Not yet.

The agony was so bad she didn’t even have the tears to shed. Crawling to her knees she swallowed against the rising bile, even as she gave in to the urge and she threw up. With each wretch of her body the agony pierced her again and again.

Hearing the creak of a door opening she glanced up to see Rogue stalking into the room a small bowl in one hand and a small scrap of fabric in the other.

“Better wash your mouth out. You’re beginning to stink this place up.”

“Go to hell.”

“You already sent me there. I’m merely returning the favor.”

“You really think you’ve got him hooked huh?” Jean laughed weakly. “Think he’s gonna keep coming back to you? Did you tell him what they did to you? To your precious little friends? No because you’re too much of a coward.”

Rogue shrugged and looked at Jean, “At least he’s willing to fuck me. He wouldn’t touch you with ‘Tooth’s dick much less his own!”

Stepping back when jean lunged for her Rogue laughed. “What’s the matter Doc? Can’t have it all? Can’t stand it that I got what you wanted so badly.”

“I’ll have him.” Jean whimpered. “As soon as he’s tired of you he’ll come to me.”

Rogue shook her head. “Wash up bitch. Playtimes about to begin and I don’t wanna get your filth on my clothes just yet.”

Watching Rogue move to sink into a chair Jean swallowed fearfully. She wouldn’t allow this little whore to destroy what she’d created. Dropping the rag back into the now bloody water Jean sat on the floor silently counting the minutes until she could break free.

The opening of the door had her glancing up to see Logan and the other man walk in. From the look on Logan’s face as he glanced at her Jean knew it wouldn’t be easy. Logan was obviously still wallowing in guilt over his failure to protect Rogue.

“Logan, please. Surely you can’t…”

“I’d shut up if I were you.” Logan moved to stand before Jean. “I’m only here to make sure Rogue and the girls don’t do something they’ll regret.”

“And your friend?” Jean whispered eying the tall, broad shouldered man who glared at her.

“The same. Scott’s kinda busy at the moment but I imagine he’ll be by shortly.”

“Where is he? What are you doing to him?” Jean gasped.

Logan chuckled and glanced at Rogue who giggled. “Well honestly at the moment he and Kitty are fucking like rabbits…on speed.”

Jean glared at the back of his head for a moment. “So you managed to turn him against me, against what Xavier’s been trying to do for so long then?”

“No. You did.” Jubilee declared entering the room. “Scott and Kitty are gonna be a while. Scott’s trying to convince Kitty that taking it easy would be a good idea.”

“Kitty not listening?”

“You know Kitster. She’s determined to have her answers.”

“You’re all insane.”

With a low snarl Jubilee grabbed Jean and lifted her. “I’m insane? I’m not the one that sold out three girls. I didn’t call in the army to attack Xavier’s mansion. I’m not the one who destroys lives.”

“What do you call what you’re doing?”

“Justice.” Jubilee snarled dropping her carelessly. “Now then you have a choice you can tell us why and we’ll try to be lenient. Or you withhold the information and we’ll make your life a miserable experience one that ultimately will kill you. Of course if you’re waiting for death to rescue you, you’ll have a long wait. Frankenstein has a deal with death…she takes a long time to come around and we try not to call upon her too much.”

Spitting at Jubilee Jean shook her head, “Then we’ll wait for death. Xavier will make sure that anything you do to me is visited back upon you.”

“Considering we have the name of your military contact and the phone number I don’t think so. See our penance will be easy. Once we walk out that door we won’t come back.” Rogue replied. “So what’s it going to be?”

“A slow death or a quick one? Hmm it makes it so hard to choose.”

“Figured you’d say that.” Jubilee replied kicking Jean’s legs out from under her.

Gasping painfully Jean struggled to get up from her position even as she felt a heavy boot come down on her back. Struggling under it she wondered who was standing on her.

“Why Jeannie? Why’d you sell ‘em out?” Logan growled softly putting a bit more weight upon her frame. “Did you really think I wouldn’t risk everything to get her back to me?”

“She’s not worth the effort. She has no meaning. None of them do. We could have had something…”

Rogue blanched and turned away before marching up and kicking Jean squarely in the face shattering her nose and several of her teeth. “You bitch! You sold us into something worse than slavery and all for a piece of ass? How dare you?” Pulling her up by her hair she backhanded her as far as the chain around her ankle would let her fly. “I spent months swimming in the insanity of my own mind because of your stupid lust. My world was down to experiments and being raped! Listening to Jubilee and Kitty screaming, seeing what they went through and all because you wanted Logan to warm your fucking bed!”

Logan stepped back quickly at the explosion of rage in Rogue. He didn’t think she even realized that she was crying as she beat on Jean’s body. Wincing with each blow he glanced at Tank even as Jubilee moved forward to grab Jean and hold her steady.

“If that’s the way you like to play the game Doc then lets see what happens when you’re the one whose swimming in agony and humiliation?” Jubilee choked out. Pulling Jean’s head back despite her weaken struggles she smiled cruelly at Rogue. “Brand her.”

Rogue nodded quickly and glanced around. “I need something.”

Jubilee pointed to the chairs. “I brought something already.”

Hurrying across the floor Rogue picked up the slim piece of iron and a small torch. Carrying them over to where Jean was struggling with Jean she lit the torch. “Let’s see how badly you want your freedom. Beg for mercy Jean. Beg for anything, even death and see just how far it gets you. You did this, you made us. You’re twisted selfishness destroyed our lives and turned us all into the pale imitations that we are. The only thing is…we’re not going to let you win. Kitty will give birth to Scott’s child and life will go on. You on the other hand...” She shook her head checking the brand carefully to see how hot it was. “You’re going to wear the mark of a traitor for the rest of your miserable little life.”

Tank glanced at Logan as Jean screamed at the searing agony of the brand coming into contact with her face. The smell of burnt flesh filled the bunker even as Rogue pulled the tool away from the other woman’s face leaving a nasty, jagged looking burn on her features.

“Rogue baby,” Logan called softly. “Don’t do something you’ll regret. Stay within in the realm of what you can live with.”

Rogue nodded and wiped at her face. Staring down at the tears on her fingers she glanced once at Jubilee as she let go of Jean and gave her a small shove forward. Smashing her fist into the other woman’s already broken face she dropped her onto the floor.

“Rot in hell bitch because that’s where you belong.”

Sobbing in agony Jean held her face even as she heard the door open again and the sound of heels on the hard floor echoed in her ears.

“Rogue? Jubilee?” Kitty’s soft voice only added to her ire and she struck out at the dark haired, soft spoken girl.

Pulling Kitty back flush against his body Scott glared at Jean. “Don’t even think it.”

“How you doing Kitty?” Logan asked.

“Came to see what’s up.”

Rogue turned and looked at her. Shaking her head she stared at the ceiling a bitter twisted look on her face. “She deserves it.”

Pulling Rogue against him Logan held her as she cried.

Kitty glanced at the broken, blood soaked woman on the floor at her feet then at Jubilee and finally at Rogue. “What did she say?”

“She got rid of us because she wanted Logan.” Jubilee declared.

“What about the mansion attack?”

“Didn’t get there as of yet.” Jubilee stated.

“Hey Doc, since I know she didn’t cut off your ears you can hear me. Why the hell the mansion? What was the point?” Kitty snapped.

Jean sobbed her hands on her face. “Fuck off!”

Glancing up at Scott Kitty raised an eyebrow.

Scott sighed and nodded before stepping back slightly. “Be careful love.”

Kitty nodded and knelt next to Jean’s shoulder. “Wrong answer. I’m not going to be as nice as Rogue was…and you are about to get a lesson in what happens to traitors!”