The pounding in her head was almost as bad as the nausea that rippled through her body. Moaning softly Jean blinked, hoping to clear her head enough to figure out what was happening.

Running her hands down her face she froze at the cold, metallic weight around her neck. Trembling fingers traced over it and she realized that she wore a collar. Desperately she scanned the area to see where she was and came up blank.

She rose to her feet and stared at the heavy chain around her ankle, effectively blocking any escape attempt. The nausea gave way to the fear and she wondered who had caught her.

Perhaps her contact had felt short changed with the lack of subjects from his attack. Perhaps the FoH had gotten her or even the Brotherhood. Hearing the creak of a heavy metal door she glanced up to see a tall, attractive blonde enter the room carrying what looked like a podium.

“What’s going on?” Jean asked shocked when the youth merely looked at her and walked back out the door.

She watched in stunned silence as chairs were brought in and set down in a row facing her before the blonde disappeared quickly as silently as he’d entered. The slam of the door had her jumping slightly before she began to search the nearby area for something to pick the lock with.

Jean pushed aside her terror she scrambling on the floor as her hands scrambled for something anything to get the shackle off. Hearing the heavy tread of someone approaching she stared at the door.

With the heavy groan of well worn metal the door opened to reveal darkness outside and she smothered a groan even as she moved back away from whoever was out there. Desperately she clawed at her throat… she needed her gifts to save her.

“Don’t bother.” The low, furious snarl was familiar and filled with bitterness and anger. “If you try to remove it without the key it’ll blow up. We don’t want you to lose you head so early in the game.”

Jean stared furiously at the man standing watching her a pair of shades on his eyes. “Scott what’s the meaning of this? What in the hell are you doing?”

“What am I doing? Well that’s for me to know and you to find out. Jean Grey, you’re about to meet your worst nightmare.” Scott moved toward the chairs and stood behind one.

Turning her head Jean stared as a cloaked figure walked through the door to settle in the chair Scott held. A moment later two others joined the young woman and sat back. Swallowing harshly she stared as the hoods were pushed back to reveal two more familiar faces.

“If it isn’t the monsters the Army made.” Jean snickered.

Rogue smiled coldly. “Hold your tongue bitch. You aren’t in control now.”

Jean stared at her even as she saw two more shadows enter the room. Turning her gaze she met Logan’s gaze. Ignoring the other man completely she smiled slightly, hinting at sexual favors. “Logan what’s happening? What’s going on?”

“It’s simple.” Logan replied. “Frankenstein has a few questions for you.”

“So you kidnap me?”

“Why not?” Kitty asked her fingers wrapped tightly around the neck of the teddy in her lap. She wouldn’t allow Jean to intimidate her any longer. “After all you seem to get off on captivity.”

“What the fuck is that supposed to mean little girl?” Jean hissed.

Rising to her feet Kitty stormed up to Jean and stared at her for a moment before smirking. “It means you’re not in a position to ask questions bitch. You answer us or I will make sure the only thing Xavier gets back is the scrapings off the wall!”

“Sit down and get out of my face. You don’t scare me. Nothing but the used up, left over trash of a lab.”

Kitty snickered and turned slightly. A moment later her elbow connected solidly with Jean’s midsection. When Jean gasped and doubled over Kitty’s boot connect with her face, splitting her lip and cracking her nose.

“Even trash has its day.” Kitty snarled as Scott moved toward her. “Now it’s your turn to be used up trash. See the guys were going to be nice. You know ask a few questions, perhaps toss a punch or two…we aren’t so nice.”

“Kitty, honey careful.”

“You think he’s gonna want you when he finds out…” Jean muttered only to wince when her hair was pulled hard enough to lift her head.

“He’s seen every inch of my body. Every scar, every defect they left me with and he keeps coming back for more. I could strip him naked and take him right here and now…but I’ve learned that an audience isn’t such a good thing. Sometimes they want to participate and I’m not about to share…not even with Miss Perfection herself.”

The rough shove of the fistful of hair had Jean hitting the floor and laying there nursing the minor wounds she had. Wiping at the blood on her face she eyed Kitty who had backed away from her.

“This isn’t over.”

“It’s just getting started.” Kitty replied before turning and sinking into her chair. Grabbing the package Jubilee offered she began slowly eating the crackers. She didn’t really want Jean to see her throw up.

“So this is what Frankenstein is huh?” Jean snapped scathingly. “So well trained, such killers that you can’t take on the entire team? You have to single us out and kill us one by one.”

“Oh we don’t intend to kill anyone else.” Rogue acknowledged from where she sat. “See the boys did a bit of digging around and found out some rather interesting details. You’ve been a very naughty girl Doc. Very, very naughty.”

“Go to hell.”

“Been there.” Rogue rose and paced along the floor. Each step was measured, collected as though she were trying to keep her cool. “I relive that experience nightly. Sometimes so much so that I wake up screaming with the memories. But you see that’s the beauty of this situation. I manage to escape…you won’t.”

“How do you know? The X-Men are probably on their way right now. They’re gonna…”

“Do jack shit! Our sister organization has interceptors in place. You’re on your own.”

“What do you want? Hmm? Money? Power?”

“I have enough of both.” Rogue replied sinking to her heels in front of Jean. “See what I want is what you can give me. I want answers. I want you to explain to me why I shouldn’t beat you to death. Why I shouldn’t just chain you to the wall and let the rats eat you.”

“You’re not even human.” Jean whispered softly. “And I won’t tell you anything.”

“I kinda figured you’d say that. So I’m gonna enjoy this.” Rogue rose smoothly to her feet. Watching Jean favor her midsection as she struggled to her feet Rogue smiled sickeningly. The thud as a swift, hard steel-toed boot connecting with the soft body echoed within the bunker. Cracking her neck easily Rogue enjoyed the pained scream from Jean even as she counted to five.

Another kick had Jean on her stomach sobbing in agony. “Now then lets try this again bitch. I want to know why.”

“Go to hell. I refuse to tell you anything.” Jean gasped painfully.

“Kinda hoping you’d say that.” Rogue’s booted heel came down on her hand, crushing bones easily making the older woman scream. “Actually I’m hoping you don’t tell me anything. I’d hate to leave nothing for Jubilee to play with.”

Jean spat a mouthful of blood at Rogue and glared at her but held her tongue. Screaming as the slighter built woman lifted her to her knees by her hair she barely saw the hand coming until it connected with her face knocking her back off her feet and sending her a couple of feet away.

“They played with my mutation a tad. I’m not as weak you would like to believe me to be.” Rogue drawled grabbing the chain and pulling it toward her. Kneeling over Jean’s chest she snickered. “Having fun yet?”

Jean gasped at the pain even as she coiled her body. She wouldn’t let them beat her even without her powers. “Fuck you.” She spat in Rogue’s face ignoring the low angry hiss from Logan behind her.

“No thanks. I’m not into girls.”

Smashing a fist into Jean’s face she shook her head at the crackling of facial bones. Tilting her head she glanced at Jubilee, “She’s got the weakest bones I’ve ever seen. Busted her nose already.”

“Just don’t kill the whore yet. I wanna have some answers.” Jubilee said walking toward them. Putting a booted foot on Jean’s chest by Rogue’s thigh she leaned forward. “My turn?”

Rogue held up her hands in a universal sign of surrender and backed away. “By all means. Ask away.”

The click and whistle of a switchblade coming into play had Jean’s eyes widening even as Jubilee held her pinned to the ground. Watching the silver of the blade in fear Jean wondered just how far Logan and Scott would let this go. She didn’t doubt that when faced with just what these brats were willing to do they’d change their opinions of them.

“So Doc, you uh like surgery?” Jubilee purred.

“Why don’t you go beg some soldier to fuck you harder again bitch?”

Scott glanced at Tank when he took a step forward. Resting a hand on the big man’s arm he shook his head. “Let her handle this.”

“But that thing don’t…”

The high pitched scream from Jean had their attention back on the pair on the floor.

Logan nudged Scott’s shoulder. “Looks like she’s taking that whole eye for an eye thing serious.”

“And you don’t?”

Logan chuckled. “Well yeah but she’d doing it differently.”

Striking out blindly at Jubilee Jean held her bloody face with one hand. The feel of the sharp blade slicing through flesh had been hard. It had burnt, tearing and ripping apart the cells like nothing she’d ever felt before.

Twisting and bucking under the other woman she struggled to get to her feet. She’d been trained to fight and she’d beat them all before going home. When Charles heard about this he’d order their destruction.

“You still ain’t told me what I wanna know Jean.” Jubilee’s hard tone held impatience.

“Well if you asked nicely…” Jean shrieked when the blade sunk into her shoulder tearing through flesh and muscle, sinking deep into the bone.

“I believe I have been.” Rising Jubilee grabbed her by the throat and lifted her. A hard kick to the midsection and Jean stumbled back into Rogue’s grip.

Choking and swinging blindly Jean struggled to avoid the short, hard punches of Rogue. Spitting out blood Jean could feel the slow, tickle of it as it flowed down her arm to drip off her fingers.

The steady drip of it hitting the hard floor echoed in her mind along with the crunch of bones breaking. Dizzy, her body riddled with agony Jean stared at the men standing watching them and cursed them all out in her mind.

“You know I don’t think she’s in a talkative mood.” Kitty stated calmly. “Perhaps we need a bit more persuasive discussion.”

“Like what?” Scott asked as Kitty stood with a sick, twisted smile he’d seen on her face a long time ago. Feeling a bolt of fear he watched her approach the group and eye Jean who swayed weakly between them.

“We need a couple of batteries.” Kitty suggested.

“I don’t know where we’d get them at this time of night.”

“Fire?”

“That I can do.” Rogue stated with a grin. Digging through her coat she pulled out a lighter. “Let’s see how well she likes it.”

“Hold her steady.” Kitty said taking the lighter. “Now Jean this is gonna hurt…like hell but then we don’t care. You tell us what we want to know…we let you live. You don’t we’ll just keep getting nastier and nastier. Pretty soon there won’t be enough to send back to New York. Unlike my friends I’m not so easily placated. I’m tired, I’m cranky, and I’ve had enough!”

“Fuck you.” Jean spat before screaming in agony when the lighter was flicked open and held under her arm.

“We’ve got all night bitch, and a years worth of torture and bitter experience to go on.”

Swimming in pain Jean barely heard her. Instead she debated on how to explain this how to save herself from the revenge driven minds before her. She couldn’t explain it to herself so convincing these three of her innocence was going to be extremely difficult.