Scott settled next to Logan and Tank as they watched the girls swimming laps in the Olympic sized pool of the hotel.

“I thought she was going to tear him to pieces.” Scott admitted holding out a beer for Logan.

“She was.” Logan grunted.

“Any ideas on who would go to those links to destroy us?”

“A few.”

“Not going to tell me huh?” Scott chuckled.

Logan turned his head and stared at the other man. “Just where is your loyalty Scott?”

“What the hell does that mean?” Scott bristled.

“He means there’s only one person who would want to destroy Rogue, Jubilee, or Kitty.” Tank drawled without moving from where he sat. “And that person is Jean Grey.”

Scott tensed and glanced between the two men. “Are you serious?”

“Who else has been so adamant about sending them out on that mission? Who else has gone out of their way to hurt and humiliate them? And let’s face it; she didn’t exactly wait for your body to get cold before she went crawling into Iceman’s bed.”

Scott nodded as he realized that they were concerned about how he’d react. Briefly a sigh he shrugged, “You think I’m going to get all pissed off and run back to them because of that?”

“I think you weren’t really given much of a choice in the beginning.” Logan drawled. “We picked you because we knew Kitty was attracted to you before…”

“I’m not leaving her. She’s my world now. Yes we started off a tad rocky but we’re on solid ground now.”

Tank and Logan shared a look. “You do realize that there’s a possibility of a child.”

“What?”

Tank shifted and leaned forward. “Rogue asked me this morning about having kids. I told her that it was a possibility for anyone. She wanted to know about Jubilee and Kitty. Wanted to know if the damage done to their bodies would prevent their having a baby and I told her that it might. There was a lot of damage done Scott…”

“So? I’d love to have a baby with Kitty but what does that have to do with anything. If we can’t I’m not going to pressure her.”

Logan nodded. “Did you know that the meddling the army did to Rogue’s blood has made it an excellent healing serum?”

“So?”

“She gave some to both girls.” Logan admitted softly. “Said she couldn’t stand to see Kitty begging to hold the baby from the lab. She took two vials of blood and injected them into the girls.”

“When?”

“When it became apparent that Jubilee may have been infected with an STD from those two…” Tank paused. “Even the antibiotics I gave her couldn’t stop the spread of something that virulent. Rogue’s blood stopped it in its track.”

“Why are we discussing this? Why aren’t we kicking Xavier’s ass?” Scott rose to pace. “So Rogue’s a walking healing factory? Who cares? I don’t. I’m not into using her to heal something that isn’t broken!”

“I know that.” Tank rose smoothly and face both the men. “I’m merely pointing this out because this morning I caught Jubilee flushing her birth control pills.”

“Why is she on the pill if she can’t…?”

“Said it made her feel normal. I think they need this.”

“They need an apology from Xavier. Need to know that everybody doesn’t think of them as used trash.”

“We love them.” Logan grunted. “Scars, nightmares and all but someone out there is willing to kill them. We need to know why? We can’t give them what they need if we have to fight every step of the way.”

“She was jealous.” Scott sighed. “Jealous of the way you paid attention to Rogue. I saw it but didn’t pay it much attention. She never really gave me a chance to deal with it.”

“By why Jubilee and Kitty?”

“Couldn’t send one without drawing suspicion I assume.” Scott frowned. “So she tried to destroy three lives in the hopes that with them gone she’d be able to play her little games with Logan and me.”

“I’m afraid so.” Tank said and glanced at the pool where the girls were climbing out. “Now all we have to is find out how to stop her.”

“Kill the bitch.” Logan growled as Rogue laughed at Kitty who was sputtering and holding her hands up against the water being splashed at her from the other two.

“Slowly. Painfully.” Scott replied. “Give her a taste of what they endured.”

“But we have to figure out how to do it. We can’t just walk in and say we’re taking Jean. We need to draw her out…” Tank paused as Jubilee came rushing toward him. “We’ll finish this later.” He grinned at the young woman who threw herself against him. “Hmm wet and warm just like I like you.”

Jubilee laughed. “Come on Rogue said something about having breakfast then going shopping.”

The men groaned as Jubilee grabbed for the towels and a bathrobe. “Come on.”

“We’ll meet you in the restaurant.” Logan drawled pulling Rogue close to hug her. “You get dried off and changed and then we’ll go shopping.”

“Gotcha.”

Watching the trio dart off much like they would have years before he snarled low in his throat. “Figure out how to get her away from the mansion. I figure another week and we’ll be able to get our hands on some of that drug they used on Rogue and Storm. Give her a hit to knock her out.”

“I think she should remember what’s going to happen.” Scott snapped.

Logan turned to him a slow, maniacal smirk crossing his face. “Who said she wouldn’t?”

Scott glanced at Tank as Logan stalked off. “Where do you stand on this?”

With a glance at him Tank shrugged, “I remember what they looked like when we first rescued them. Remember the bruises, the cuts, the burns, the blisters, and the damage that they still carry. I still hear the ghosts that haunt them. I’m with Logan on this, and I’m willing to kill anyone who tries to stop us.”

“Good. I’d hate to have to kill you for not wanting this for our women. For those kids back home that Jean would condemn to a life of pain and suffering.”

“We’ll plan this in detail once we’re home. Until then keep it to yourself. No point in the getting the ladies worked up.”

Scott nodded his agreement. He had plans for his future, a future that involved the woman with him now and he’d be damned if he’d let anything or anyone get in the way of them.