With a pointed look at Charles the team turned toward the doors.

~If you think I’m going to let you walk out of here without an explanation you’re sadly mistaken.~ Charles snapped only slightly shocked when nothing happened the group merely stepped closer to the doors. “You’re insane if you think I’m about to let you just walk out of here.”

“No really.” Scott paused with a slight smirk. He pulled Kitty toward him. “take a good look around Professor. We aren’t the enemy, we’re just doing what we have to.”

“You’re staying with them then?” Charles gaped at him.

“Why not?” Kitty paused and looked at the two men. “At least with us he knows whose gonna be in his bed.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Jean hissed.

“Careful Red,” Rogue snickered. “You’re about to really piss me off…and then Charles won’t have himself a beautiful little protégé who hasn’t got the morals of a two bit whore!”

Jean stepped forward only to freeze at the flash in Rogue’s eyes. Gone was the familiar brown eyes and in their stead was an icy pit of darkness. “You’re not even worth it. Just the used up…”

“Careful.” Logan’s low snarl had everyone glancing at him.

Where Jubilee and Kitty had been standing next to the men they were now advancing slowly. A cold, impersonal look upon their faces. Rather than three girls Charles recognized three killing machines. They’d been trained to kill, to harm, to hurt, and they would use that training on anyone who got in the way.

“Enough!” Charles glanced at Jean. “Now is not the time Jean.”

“But…”

“Be a good little lap bitch and do as your master tells ya.” Rogue growled her fists clenching and unclenching. “Before I forget myself and just rip you apart.”

Jean glared at her for a moment before shrugging. “You need help.”

Logan chuckled. “Come on darlin’ let the kids play.”

Rogue snickered. “A good fight always gets me going. Hey lets get a room, I’m dying of hunger.”

Wolverine flashed a sneer at Jean and Charles who paled considerably. “Yeah, I know what you mean.”

Jerking open the door Scott rolled his eyes behind his optics. “Move Colossus.”

“Make me.” Colossus drawled eying them with borderline hatred.

Shaking his head Scott reached for the switch.

“Let me.” Jubilee tapped his arm and flashed a sweet smile. “Move you metallic ass Colossus or I’ll move it for you.”

“You and what army?”

Jubilee raised an eyebrow even as Rogue and Kitty moved to stand against her. “I believe my own. You gonna be a gentleman and move or am I gonna have to rip your throat out?”

“Oooh lets rip out his throat!” Kitty clapped her hands. “I definitely could go for that option.”

“No. We aren’t like them.” Rogue smiled charmingly. “Just kinda toss him out of the way. Our goal was to protect the children. Not play house with a bunch of neurotic, self-possessed geeks who have no idea what’s happening.”

“Spoilsport.” Jubilee grumbled but nodded. “Still you have a point. After all I have a date with a Tank.”

Giggling the trio turned their attention back to Colossus. “What’s it gonna be?”

With a glance behind them Colossus nodded slightly. “Till next time ladies.”

Giggling the trio shook their heads. “Next time we won’t feel so generous.”

Scott paused next to Colossus and met his gaze. “Don’t mess with what you can’t handle. You can’t win…not with those three.”

“And you have?”

Scott glanced behind him for a moment before looking at the woman waiting for him. Covered from head to toe in blood, battered, sweaty, with a shy grin on her face his lover waited patiently. “Someday you might just understand. Be careful Piotr. Someone on the inside called the army in…just don’t wait around to become a casualty.”

Colossus stared after the small group who despite appearance hadn’t relaxed their guard. The girls had easily fallen into step with the men they were with.

“What are the casualties?” Charles said after the roar of an engine faded.

“Two minor injuries amongst the students. The entire special Ops team was wiped out.”

“How many did they kill?”

Hank glanced at Charles then turned to head for the elevator. “All of them.”

Jean stared out the open door with a dark look on her face. Obviously she had to get rid of those three without help. Glancing around she sighed softly to herself. There was nothing she could do at the moment without drawing attention to her plan.

“Jean, you and Storm begin the task of gathering the students. I think we’ve had enough excitement to last for a while.”

“Yes sir.” Jean glanced at Storm and nodded her head. There would be plenty of time later to destroy those girls. Plenty of time to get her revenge and she’d do it in such a way that they’d never bounce back.


Colossus rolled his shoulders glad to be able to relax his mutation. Walking toward Charles he wondered what Scott had meant about an insider.

“Something’s bothering you.” Charles murmured softly.

“Just something Cyclops said.”

“What did he say?”

“One of us called the army in. One of our own betrayed us.” Piotr replied.

“Then perhaps its time we started looking into who would stand to gain the most by this cruel twist of loyalty.”

Piotr nodded and glanced down the hallway. He had his doubts about one of the team…doubts that he was beginning to think were a little too close to home.