Sitting together in the cool interior of the nondescript black sedan Frankenstein waited for darkness. Waited for the coming wave of soldiers with guns and death on their minds. The soft beep of a radio had everyone tensing as the shadows lengthened and darkness fell. A couple of hours as the helicopters would be on the school.

“We all know why we’re here,” Logan growled. “Bear that in mind when you’re dealing with these pricks.”

“Prisoners?” Scott asked.

“None. If you have to remove anyone remember to take kids only. If it’s in a uniform it’s an enemy.”

“What about Beast and Storm?” Kitty asked softly.

“Use your discretion. We can’t afford to risk the lives of our kids to protect two adults.”

With a slight nod the group slid into the shadows, searching out the weakness in Xavier’s security. “Frankenstein is in.” Rogue muttered touching her throat where her communicator was.

“Creed Inc.’s got the backdoor.” The soft reply scratched in her ears and Rogue smiled at Logan. “Let’s do this thing.”

“Y’all have your telepathy devices on?”

“See you on the other side.”

Separating in to teams they moved off. Taking up positions at key locations they waited in silence. With Xavier and his people still awake they had to stay in the shadows for a while. Soon enough they would reveal themselves.


After sitting for what seemed like days, the communicator’s crackled to life. “Heads up. Three stealth birds coming in low.” Helen declared. “The mansion residents are all asleep.”

“Cyclops, Panther?” Wolverine growled softly. “Fury, Tank? You ready?”

“Contact in two minutes.”

“No prisoners.” Rogue declared and looked at Wolverine. “Let’s see if they like to dance to our tune.”

Chuckling Wolverine rose and led the way. Hugging the building they entered the foyer after an all clear signal from Panther. A moment later the two other teams were standing staring up the staircase.

“Alarm?”

“Has been reactivated. With a bit of a bonus. The next person who tries to dismantle it’s gonna get a shock.” Panther declared.

Wolverine nodded. “I hear the band time to dance.”

After touching fists the three girls headed up the stairs toward the dormitory. They would be the defense for the kids – and hopefully be able to neutralize any internal threat. Slinking through the shadows they paused as the sounds of helicopters reached them.

“They have to be pretty damn close.”

“Right above us. Come on lets go.”

“I tell you I see Jean and I’ll leave her with the army.” Fury hissed. “Bitch deserves it.”

“Just remember what we’re here for. Don’t go hunting until afterwards.”

Nodding at Rogue’s calm statement Fury smiled. “I’ll be a good girl.”

“You always are.”


With a final check of their guns the girls waited, listening for the sound of booted feet on the stairwells. Tensing, prepared for battle they waited, watching even as the first hint of what was to come appeared.

Dressed in black with semi-automatic rifles three soldiers appeared on the landing. One waved at the other two to separate and the girls slid deeper into the shadows.

Rogue nodded at her friends a moment before the soldiers began moving along the corridor. When they opened the first three doors the girls moved.

“Not so fast asshole,” Rogue growled coming up behind one and grabbing him around the neck. Pulling backward so he was pressed against her body she flashed her claws. Sinking them deep into his chest she pushed him away and turend to help her friends.

Ducking a punch Fury looked ready to use her mutation. A dark look of rage twisted her face as she did a spinnging kick that sent the soldier stumbling back a step. A moment later she did a forward flip and hit him in the chest with both feet knocking him onto his back.

“Here’s where you pay the piper bitch,” she snarled and drove the slim dagger she carried into his neck. “Subject neutralized.”

“A little help,” Panther snarled blocking a kick even as she phased out and appeared behind the soldier she’d been sparring with. A moment later he stood gasping, bloody froth coming from his lips as she jerked upward with the two blades in her hands.

“Got another wave coming.” Rogue pointed out a moment before the next series of soldiers appeared.

Cursing at a lucky punch that hit her in the face she snarled low, letting the anger, and the need for blood fill her soul. “Wrong move asswipe.” She growled grabbing his arm and using his weight against him. Several strong kicks to the midsection and she backhanded the dazed soldier sending him crashing into a couple more.

“Get the kids outta here!” she hollered at the other pair. “I’ll hold ‘em.”

“We can’t leave you…”

“I’m not alone!” Rogue replied tapping her temple. “I’ve got more experience than you two combined as well as two very powerful warriors in my head. Go! Get this floor cleared!”

Fury and Panther shared a glance and darted down the hallway all but dragging kids who were appearing toward the stairs. “Come on!” Fury grabbed a boy who looked vaguely familiar. “We don’t have time to argue.”

“I can help.”

“Get your ass in gear. They aren’t here for a party. They’re here to kill those that they can’t use. Now go! You wanna help protect those girls.” Fury snapped pointing at the young girls racing past them. “You’ve just become their last defense. Get out now!”

With a quick nod the boy took off thundering down the stairs toward the escape hatch a floor below them.

The echo of gunfire from below only increased the confusion and the mass panic that filled the hallways a moment before the boom of thunder above shook the mansion.

“Storm’s up!” Fury called.

“Look out!” Panther warned elbowing a man in the face with enough force to shatter his mask and splatter blood on the walls. With a hard kick the man hit the ground and was still. Panting she turned to the two racing toward her, their guns cocked, and a fury in their bodies. “Not likely.” she snarled and phased out letting them run through her. Regaining her solid form she grabbed the gun straps and jerked, upsetting the men even as she used their momentum to knock two more men out of commission.

Flipping a man over the edge of the railing Fury turned at the sudden appearance of another body and ducked as she recognized Colossus racing into the thick of battle. Hunched down on her haunches she kicked the feet out of one man and drove his own blade into his throat as he hit the ground.

“Guess you don’t know how to dance.” She chuckled and darting off down the hallway.

“Jubilee!” Colossus hollered punching a nearby soldier and knocking him through the wall he watched as the girl he’d known years before disappeared into the fray. Following her was easier than he’d anticipated; she left a trail of dead or dying men in her wave. Some were burnt with her sparks; others were drowning in their own blood.


After hours of what felt like endless waves of soldiers the mansion fell silent. An eerie calm settled over it as Charles appeared in the foyer, shaken, bruised but alive. Staring across the expensive carpeting at the team that was gathering he swallowed.

Everyone jumped slightly when Rogue jumped from the landing above them and landed with cat-like grace by Wolverine. “They didn’t like the music.”

Wolverine smirked, his clothes soaked with blood, his body humming from the adrenaline. “I thought it was okay.”

“Lets go.”

“Wait.” Charles moved forward. “You brought them.”

Wolverine snorted at that statement and glanced at the girls who turned to face Charles Xavier. He shifted slightly, moving back to flank the girls with Scott and Tank.

“This isn’t going to be pretty is it?” Scott whispered.

“No. It’s going to be anything but pretty.” Wolverine growled. “And we still have to find out who sent them.”

Scott nodded. “Who stood to gain the most by this attack?”

Sharing a glance the boys turned back to the current confrontation. They’d figure that out after they had all gotten to safety.

“We aren’t like you old man.” Rogue growled moving toward him with a sublte shift of her body. “We don’t play that game. Consider it just another debt to be paid off later.”

“Don’t threaten…”

“Who’s threatening?” Rogue purred leaning down to be even with him. She licked her lips seductively. “Frankenstein doesn’t threaten, she promises.”

Rising she turend and walked back to where Logan was standing. Smiling at him she rested a hand on his chest. “And this is far from over.”