The sound of a key in the lock had Scott sitting up groggily and he frowned when he saw Kitty leading a big man inside the room. Tensing as she walked toward him, he took in the dark jeans, the heavy boots, the bike-gloves, and the resolved look upon her face.

Feeling his fear jack up Scott wondered if he begged would she relent or was this the one time she’d finish him off. He knew deep inside that it was what he deserved for not standing up for them but still, he wanted to at least go home and rub it in their faces that they’d been wrong!

“Stand up,” Kitty snapped stopping in front of him and waiting as he slowly climbed to his feet, his eyes darting from her to Tank and back again.

“It took me a while to reach this decision,” Kitty started and glanced at Tank before facing Scott again, “And its one I can live with. I’m not like the men in the lab, nor am I like Xavier so I’m gonna be a nice girl, I’m gonna give you what you really want even as I take something from you.”

“What are you talking about?” Scott asked as the muscle bound man from behind Kitty moved forward a small,metallic looking gun in one hand, “Please Kitty don’t..”

“Shh,” Kitty whispered a finger on his lips. “This will only hurt a moment than you’ll be okay.”

Glancing at Kitty Tank shrugged before pinning the smaller man to the wall with his weight and turning his head. A moment later, a quick swipe of antiseptic and he lined up the laser before squeezing the small, circular chip into the soft flesh of his face. Quick, efficient movements and the other side was done before he stepped back.

“It’s gonna take a day or so for him to learn to control it,” Tank addressed Kitty. “The weekend would be best.”

“Sunday night then,” Kitty nodded and stepped back eying Scott who was holding his head, a pained look upon his face. “Thanks Tank.”

“No problem, there might be some swelling and some bruising as well.”

Kitty nodded and watched Scott while Tank left, closing the door behind him. Easing Scott to the floor as he struggled to deal with the pain in his head and the sickening sensation of something burrowing into his eyes Kitty sighed softly, “I had to Scott. I had no choice.”

“Great,” Scott muttered. “Why are you doing this? Why can’t you just kill me quick and get…”

“I’m not gonna kill you,” Kitty whispered softly, “I’m not a killer…yet. Now its almost lights out, when it gets here, you’re coming with me.”

“Where? Your friend seemed…”

“To my room,” Kitty replied seriously, her tone one of steel. “You still have nearly a week, I wanna at least have the opportunity to be fucked in my own bed.”

“No,” Scott’s hand shot out and caught her arm, glancing up through the haze of red, through the pain he stared at her. “I’ve never fucked you Kitty and I never will.”

“Sure. And I suppose it was someone else’s cock buried inside me the other night.”

“I’m not denying we had sex, I’m saying that we’ve never fucked.”

Giving him an appraising look Kitty shrugged, “Does it matter what you call it? Do you feel better giving it a pretty title?”

Scott sighed and shrugged before wincing at the sudden wave of pain the movement brought. “Trust me on this Kitty, don’t question everything.”

Glancing down at her watch Kitty smirked, “Alright lover, up and at em. Tonight you get to be in luxury.”

Swallowing painfully he followed Kitty who remained silent as she led him out into the hallway and down the hall. Pausing at the faint but distinctive thumping sound coming from behind one of the doors they were in front of Scott glanced at Kitty who smirked and pointed to the door nearest him.

“Logan and Rogue.”

“Rogue?” Scott gasped, “You mean they’re actually..?”

“Lovers?” Kitty nodded, “Have been for a while. Helen gave them a sound proofed room because they tend to keep everyone else awake. Some nights are better than others though,” Kitty started down the hallway toward her room.

Staring at the door for a few moments Scott sighed unable to even get a good head of steam at the way Logan was taking advantage of Rogue. The truth was it hit a little too close to home to patronize the other man, and yet Scott wondered if he really understood the situation. Maybe if he ever got free, if he had a chance to think it through would he understand Logan’s stance or would he…

“Oh Scott,” Kitty’s sing-song voice had him glancing at her and hurrying down the hallway. Completely unaware that his progress was watched via the small black camera that moved with him as he entered Kitty’s bedroom Scott missed Kitty’s small wave and smile before she closed the door.

Nuzzling into Logan’s embrace Rogue smiled as she traced a bare finger over his clothe covered chest, “So why is it that I’m naked? You’re not the one…”

“Because you need to experience this without your clothes on,” Logan growled softly, his gloved fingers buried within her hair. The sheared length had grown considerably and was nearly to her shoulders, odd patches were still shorter but that was merely where the surgical scars impeded the growth.

Smiling softly Rogue shifted, rolling to face him, her body pressed tightly against his as she did so. “Have I told you that I’m really glad you came to us? That you came to me.”

Logan shifted uneasy with emotional talks and yet he knew Rogue needed this, “What else was I gonna do darlin’? I gave you my tags, my word I couldn’t go back on that.”

Biting her lip Rogue sighed, “How’s Kitty doing Logan? Really? I see something within her that reminds me of when we were carefree and young, before the mission, before…”

“She’s come a long way kid,” Logan pulled her closer, his hand trailing gently up and down her arm in a slow caress, “She’s taking control of her mind and body back. She’s far from that girl you knew but she’s getting closer to being the woman she deserves to be.”

“Did she sleep with him?”

“Why? Thinking of takin’ him for a spin?” Logan rumbled.

“No, thinking he should kiss her ass for the hell she endured,” Rogue replied. “They did some really bad things to her, they hurt her in ways nobody should ever be hurt and they did it with laughter, with vile words and smacks and…”

“And you escaped that fate,” Logan interrupted softly. “Only you didn’t Marie, you suffered the same thing the only difference was your torment was surgical, hers was sexual. They violated your body to Marie, and your mind.”

Rogue nodded slowly, her mind trying to wrap around the guilt and the unease at the thought that she’d been unscathed compared to her friends. “I felt guilty for so long Logan, I went in a virgin and came out a virgin.”

Logan hid a smile in her hair at the memory of thrusting through the thin natural barrier that marked his girl as untouched by anyone other than him. “Innocence never lasts long in those places,” Logan muttered and hugged her to him, “None of you got out unscathed. Jubilee’s dealing with her own shit same as you, same as Kitty.”

“She loves Tank, and it’s not hero worship either,” Rogue muttered angrily, “A person doesn’t love everyone who saves them. I don’t love you because of that, I’ve seen every dark thing in your soul Logan, a crush, and hero worship doesn’t last long in a tidal wave of that.”

“I know,” Logan nodded and sighed, he’d seen it in every one of the girls. They’d each latched on something, someone who gave them security, control, and a bit of power. For Jubilee it was attaching herself to someone who was bigger, stronger, more powerful than most men, and yet he was gentle, reassuring, his touch wasn’t filled with violence.

Kitty had aligned herself with the enemy in a sense; she’d taken Scott as a toy and along the way had rediscovered a school-girl’s crush that had blossomed. She would miss the man when he was gone, and yet she’d taken so much from him that she’d never have had the strength to claim without the suffering she’d done. Kitty had gone for power, for control rather than safety.

Rogue, well Rogue had just done what she needed to. She’s fallen back on the one thing in the world she trusted, her tie to him. She’d taken the pain, the suffering, the agony of dealing with the experiments, the improvements and found something else she could relate to in Logan’s mind.

Each had found a rock and leaned on it until they could stand on their own two feet and now they were strong enough to do that. Now their thoughts had turned to humiliation, to retribution from those who’d written them off without a thought.

“Are we gonna make it Logan?” Rogue asked after a few seconds of companionable silence.

Tightening his grip Logan closed his eyes at the lost sound of Rogue’s voice and silently cursed Charles Xavier for the billionth time. “Yeah baby, we’re gonna make it.”

“Good,” Rogue whispered trying desperately to avoid crying, “I’m glad that you’re here Logan, that you want me.”

“Love you darlin’,” Logan grunted tightly, “Of course I want you, I’m always gonna want you.” The smell of her tears and the uneasy way she clung to him told Logan Rogue was on the edge of a cliff and she could fall either way. Knowing she needed to let it go, to relax Logan shifted, pulling her up so she was laying on top of him he wrapped his arms around her tightly, “Let it go darlin’, let it out. We’re safe now.”

Long after Rogue had cried herself to sleep Logan lay away staring at the ceiling, only too aware that Xavier’s penance was coming due. Settling deeper into their bed Logan sighed, when it was time he’d help the girls deliver the bill, and he wouldn’t be as nice as they would. Someone was gonna get skewered, and he would be there to make sure that it was long, painful, and blatantly obvious why.