Watching the seasons change Logan began noticing subtle changes in Kitty’s behavior. There were days when she was so depressed she spent most of her time crying, other days she was angry, confrontational, and those days he could actually smell the blood coming from within Scott’s cell.

Access to the other man was limited until even that was halted by Kitty who had taken to hiding the keys. Checking Kitty over one afternoon Logan inhaled an all too familiar scent, one he had long ago stopped looking for.

For the first time since he’d come to Elk Hump Kitty smelled happy. Spotting her out in the yard he glanced once behind him, aware of Rogue’s habit of having an afternoon nap. The small smile that crossed his face drew a smirk from Tank but other than that no outward sign of acknowledgement.

“Hey kiddo,” Logan dropped to a crouch next to the young woman.

“Hi Logan,” Kitty glanced at him before turning her attention back to the horses in the field. “How’s Rogue?”

“Tired,” Logan sighed, “She’s spent a lot of time lately trying to master the control of her claws, it’s wearing her out.”

“Yeah, I uh saw her last night. She seemed frustrated by something the way she was pounding on one of the bags in the gym.”

“Worried I’m leavin’ again,” Logan admitted. “I wanna head south, scope out Xavier’s place..”

“Don’t bother,” Kitty sighed and shrugged, “Am I a bad person?”

“No, just a mixed up kid who got the shitty end of the stick.”

“Cyclops did it last night,” Kitty whispered tightly.

“Did what?”

Kitty shrugged, “He uh he penetrated me.”

Logan raised an eyebrow in shock but held his tongue.

“Its not the first time, he’s done it a lot in the past few weeks.”

“Last night though was different?”

“Yeah, I actually enjoyed it more than before ya know? I liked the way he touched me, the way he kissed me, and when he went in it didn’t…” Kitty paused flushing brightly.

“Let it out kid, it ain’t anything to be embarrassed about.”

“I kept telling him harder, I wanted him to make me come like that.”

“Did he?” Logan shifted uneasily, not entirely comfortable with talking about her sex life but determined to be of some help.

“Yes,” Kitty smiled slightly, “He gave me multiples last night. He made me come with his mouth, his hands, before he went in me. I didn’t even feel a hint of discomfort, of pain from him taking me.”

“Could just be size you know,” Logan pointed out. “Smaller…”

“No, no that’s not it,” Kitty replied before leaning toward him, “The guard at the prison was smaller, and that’s one of the reasons he uh he liked to sew me shut before…”

“He’s dead now kid, ain’t nothing to worry about. So if you had some good, solid sex last night why you sitting out here?”

“I think its time I sent Scott back to New York,” Kitty revealed after a few moments of collecting her thoughts. “As much as I might enjoy tormenting him, I don’t think its fair to me or to Jubes or Rogue. If we want to have closure, have our lives restored than we need to act like mature women. We need to show Xavier that we’re worth more than his little cause was.”

“And you think letting him go will do that?”

“I think it’s a step in the right direction,” Kitty replied softly a far away look in her eyes. “Xavier wouldn’t be so generous; he wouldn’t know the meaning of letting an enemy become a friend. I’m still not ready to forgive and forget but Scott’s proven himself so yeah, I think it’s time to kick his ass back to New York.”

Logan shrugged, “It’s your decision. I know the girls might not be happy about it but if you’re sure…”

Kitty stared at her hands for a moment before turning and looking at him, “They want me to heal, to regain what the lab stole from me. Keeping Scott here, hurting him, raping him doesn’t make me a better person, doesn’t make me the woman I deserve to be.”

“Something tells me that it’s been a while since you’ve actually raped the pansy-assed twist.”

“Do you think he’ll tell Jean?”

Logan chuckled smoothly, the sound like warm, soothing bourbon, “It ain’t if he’ll tell her, Jean’s gonna read his mind and she’ll doubt what she finds. After all, you really can’t rape the willing and Scott ain’t ever smelled like he’s being forced into doing things for you. Personally, I think all you’ve done is give him one of his greatest fantasies – a chance to bed a girl younger than him, one that’s wanted him, one he’s wanted for a long time.”

“You think so?”

Logan shrugged and rose to his feet, “I know so. Don’t be out here all day kiddo; you’ve still got training with me this afternoon.”

Giggling Kitty nodded and watched him walk away. She would send Scott home, a little worse for wear, a little more battle weary, but he’d go home alive. Rising to her feet Kitty wondered briefly if Xavier would be so willing to embrace his team leader if he was without certain attributes.

Stalking gracefully, completely unaware of the attention she garnered Kitty moved toward the Sickbay. Tank would know what to do, how to help and she wanted the other man’s opinion.

The soft sound of a giggle from within the medical rooms told Kitty Jubilee was here even as she pushed through the door and smirked at her friend who sat on the edge of Tank’s desk.

“I leave you for five minutes and you’re flirtin’ with the only good lookin’ doctor in the building,” Kitty teased gently.

“Hey Kitster,” Jubes smirked at her, “What’s up?”

“Got a question,” Kitty sank into a chair a few feet away from Tank, while she called him friend she wasn’t over anxious to get within arms reach of the big man.

“Fire away,” Tank drawled easily, shifting to lean toward her as his attention was caught.

“There anyway you could take the technology from the collar and put it into a chip or two? I’m sending our guest home; just wanna send him back to ‘em minus his useful attribute.”

Chuckling at Kitty’s words Jubilee hopped off the bed and moved toward the door, “Let me know if you need any help with that. For now I’m gonna go find Rogue, she’s supposed to be training with her claws.”

With muted nods Tank and Kitty waited for Jubilee to disappear out the door. “I take it you’re comfortable in yoru skin then?”

“As far as Rogue and Jubes know I’ve just been pounding the piss outta him, don’t see no reason to make them aware that I’ve been using him to get off,” Kitty drawled fidgeting slightly with her own unease.

“I don’t think they’d think less of you for knowing that. After all you’re merely trying to regain your sense of self.”

“But to do it the way I have?” Kitty shook her head, “No, I’ve paid the price for my sins and I’m not about to advertise the new ones. Do you think you could do it? Make chips that could be implanted?”

Tank sighed and leaned back in his chair, “Yes of course. It’ll take me a couple of days though.”

“We have time,” Kitty replied rising to her feet. “We have lots of it.”



Glancing up at the opening of the door Scott eyed Logan who closed the door and stalked toward him. He’d long since forgotten to fear the feral man advancing toward him; there was nothing he could do that was worse than had already been done.

“Logan.”

“Scott,” Logan smirked at the other man and leaned against the wall. “So I hear you did Kitty a big favor.”

Flushing slightly Scott shrugged, he hadn’t done anything he regretted and if Kitty felt a bit better about herself that was okay to. Not that he had an easy time with it, his sense of honor had warred with his sense of duty, and his loyalty the first few times…honor had won.

“Must’ve been really good,” Logan smirked at the other man’s unease. Faded bruises covered his body, small cuts in crescent shapes raked across his back, and he had a very interestingly colored bruise on his neck. “Was it worth it?”

Glancing sharply at Logan Scott felt his anger boil, felt the rage swell, “What the fuck do you care? Jealous cause its not you?”

Logan shook his head and ambled along the wall, “I got a woman already but thanks for asking. That ain’t what I meant and you know it.”

Letting the rage go Scott sighed, yeah he knew what Logan was talking about. “There are things I could have done without to get it.”

“Oh? Like what?” Logan’s almost tender tone drew a shudder from Scott who shifted, turning to face the man he knew he couldn’t beat.

“The tears,” Scott whispered softly, sadly, “The tensing of muscles, the fear, the anger, the inability to be satisfied the first few times. You have no idea what it’s like so don’t…”

“Oh but I know,” Logan interrupted quickly, “You had to work to make her happy, to please her… and you don’t like that.”

“I don’t like the reason I had to work at it,” Scott snapped back. “Are you gonna beat on me or what cause if not, get the fuck out!”

Logan chuckled and moved closer to Scott, “Don’t tempt me. I like the idea of what’s coming your way soon. You’re gonna have a whole new set of problems to deal with pretty-boy, and none of ‘em are gonna be as understanding as Kitty has been.”

Turning Logan stalked across the room only to stop at the door when Scott’s voice broke the silence, “You stickin’ with them? Are you joining this group?”

Facing Scott Logan shrugged, “I work with Frankenstein not this faction. I made my choice Summers, and it has nothing to do with you.”

“I’m sure you think that. You know when the Xmen find out what you’ve done…”

“They won’t do dick squat,” Logan snarled tightly, “Because you did it first. You made this monster, now let’s see how you handle it.”

“They aren’t monsters!”

“No,” Logan shook his head, “They aren’t. Each one is an individual, a well trained; professional that when put to the test will make you think you’re going against a monster. They’ve learned their lesson and they sure as fuck ain’t gonna forget it any time soon.”

Jumping at the slam of the door Scott stared at the wall and wondered why Logan’s words had done little to reassure him. Instead they’d awakened an old fear that would ultimately weaken his resolve, his dedication to a cause that had proven itself time and again.