Scott flinched at the light that met his gaze as he stepped out onto the porch. A soft click next to his shoulder told him that an armed guard stood watch and he turned his head to stare at the tall, dark haired woman who eyed him with cold indifference a semi-automatic in her hand.

“Don’t make me regret agreeing to this,” the woman hissed, “Kitty won’t have any remorse if I blow your head off.”

Nodding slowly Scott stepped off the porch and over to the patch of grass where a slim, silent figure sat. Swallowing painfully he tried to hide his wince of pain as he moved, as he’d expected Kitty had been less than pleased to find herself in his arms when she woke up.

In fact she’d flown into a rage that had ultimately put him in the sickbay for a week. A long week full of painful exams, cold indifference from the treating physician, and Logan’s smug face. Those, however, had been the positive things he’d spent hours staring at the ceiling seeing photos of what Kitty had endured what Jubilee had endured and he wondered about Rogue. She didn’t bear the same scars, matter of fact she had none but that could be a side affect of having Logan’s healing ability.

“So they let you out did they?” Kitty’s voice was cold, harsh, disgust racing through it.

Scott shrugged, “I’m on a healing pass. You busted me up pretty good this last time.”

“You had it coming. So what did you do while I was out, huh? Get your jollies?”

Scott sighed, “I never touched you Kitty. I let you cry yourself to sleep, and held you that’s it.”

“Sure, and if I believe that I’m a virgin.”

With a pained smile Scott glanced at Kitty, “Were you? Before..?”

With a snort Kitty went to get to her feet only to freeze at his warm touch on her arm. Glaring at him she jerked away from him, “Don’t touch me.”

“Answer the question,” Scott shot back.

With a sad shake of her head Kitty stared at him, “Does it matter?”

“Maybe not to you, but it does to me. You’ve always been a special person to me,” staring out at the open field Scott shrugged, “I guess I just forgot for a minute about that.”

“Tell it to someone who might believe you. I remember your wife..”

“Jean wouldn’t..”

“No?” staring at him in a cold, icy rage Kitty snorted, “Do you know she told Rogue she’d never be enough for a man like Logan? She told her that Logan wanted her, that he wasn’t interested in a child. She told her that so often that Rogue started to doubt herself that she started to doubt what Logan told her. In a way this showed Rogue the truth.”

Scott nodded, “So you gonna bust me up some more or what?”

“Fuck off,” Kitty snarled and stomped back toward the house, missing the slight smile on Scott’s face.

For the few moments he was allowed out Scott soaked up the sun, the air, relishing his freedom from the dankness of his cell. When the sound of a throat being cleared drew his attention he rose and headed for the house. He still hadn’t made any decision about what to do to help Kitty but at least now he knew she could be helped.

Whether she knew it or not Kitty had unwittingly given him a clue as to what she needed from him and he was determined to get his mind wrapped around that.


*”Sweet little whore, gonna make you bleed. Stupid mutant freak, ain’t even a good slut, gettin’ all loose on me..” the words were filled with cruel laughter, even as the light flashed on the surgical tools in the man’s beefy hand.

Screaming at each prick of the needle she struggled as much as she could with two other guards holding her in place, knowing the pain would only get worse when the suturing was finished.

“I like my whore’s tight and you ain’t but I’ll fix that, make sure you’re nice and tight when I fuck you.”

Rough hands pulled her up, forcing her onto her hands and knees as he moved behind her, the sound of his zipper loud in her ears even as she struggled, trying to ignore the harsh grip on her hair, the painful biting fingers digging into her hips. Screaming as he thrust into her, tearing out the fresh stitches she sobbed with each movement of his hips. The rough grip on her breasts barely penetrated the pain, the sharp sting of bites only adding to her torment…*

“Kitty, Kitty wake up! It’s okay, you’re safe,” Rogue shook Kitty who lay in her bed screaming her body twisting and turning in an attempt to escape whatever was happening within her mind. Grabbing the girl she pulled her up just as the door flew open, a moment later Rogue was sitting on the floor when Kitty woke, phasing through the bed and disappearing into the closet.

“What’s wrong?” Logan ground out, his claws fully extended.

“Kitty was having a nightmare,” Rogue whispered painfully, “It’s okay now. I think she’s awake enough to realize its us.”

The soft sobs that came from the closet had Rogue staring at her hands, even as she wondered why Jubilee who slept in the next room wasn’t here. “You know where Jubilee is?” Rogue whispered softly.

“With Tank,” Logan whispered back pulling her into his lap, “Kitty its safe now. You can come out if you want.”

“I can’t,” Kitty cried, “He wouldn’t stop, no matter how much I begged, no matter how many times in a day he wanted to do that, he just did it over and over again. I just…”

“Look kid, you can do this. You survived, sure you didn’t get back what was taken but you’re out now, you’re free.”

“But look at me!” Kitty sobbed, “I’m a monster. Even I know that.”

“You aren’t a monster,” Logan shot back with a glance at Rogue who shrugged, tears streaking down her face. “The monsters were the ones at the lab, you’re just a woman.”

“Whatever,” Kitty cried softly, “I know the truth.”

“Why don’t you ask someone who’s not prone to tellin’ the truth to you? Let’s ask Scooter.”

The increase in heartbeat told him that Kitty wasn’t too interested in that idea even as she stepped out of the closet door and stared at him. “What’s he got to loose if he tells you what you want to hear?’

“His head?”

With a chuckle Logan nodded, “You want me to come with you?”

Kitty chewed on her bottom lip, sniffling slightly before shaking her head, “No. No I’ll do it on my own. It’s so much more fun for me that way!”

Hiding his grin Logan held Rogue tighter and watched as Kitty dressed in her tank top and boxer shorts head for the holding area. “Somehow I think Scott’s about to get a very rude awakening!”

Giggling through her tears Rogue nodded, “Kitty is kinda hard on him.”

“He likes it though,” Logan replied standing up with her in his arms, “Now then, let’s get back to bed. Seems to me I owe you a backrub.”

Snuggling into Logan’s arms Rogue sighed, she tried desperately to hide her own nightmares from the man holding her. Something that was getting easier with time, after all he knew what she had gone through, he’d endured the same and worse.


Stalking down the hallway, Kitty fingered the key in her hand even as she stopped in front of a plain looking door. A small observation window had been covered and bolted, and the handle glared back at her.

Smirking slightly Kitty glanced up and down the hallway before putting the key in the lock and stepping silently into the room. The lone occupant of the room lay on a blanket in the corner, his body curled in on itself to ward off the chill, a soft sore clearly heard.

Balling her hands into fists she let the door click closed in silence before padding silently across the floor to stare down at a sleeping Scott. Feeling an old and slightly resented feeling burning within her Kitty swallowed harshly. It was time to wake the prick up, and she wasn’t going to be nice about it… experience had taught her that sleep was a privilege, not a right and nobody in a cell deserved it.