The creaking of his cell door opening had Scott tensing as the tall, muscled frame of Wolverine stepped inside. Noticing the extended claws and the feral look in Logan’s eye Scott swallowed his fear jacking up more than if Kitty had walked in.

Keeping silent he watched Logan circling the room, his gaze never leaving the other man, his claws flicking in and out.

“You uh didn’t eat, not hungry?” Logan ground out nudging the tray with his booted foot.

“I didn’t feel like it,” Scott licked his lips.

“Well you should, just to keep your strength up,” Kneeling next to the leaner man Logan leaned in toward him, a hand grabbing a fistful of hair and pulling it back slightly. “You see we’ve decided something, and you’re gonna do it regardless what you say or want. If you don’t,” Logan chuckled slightly and traced a claw across Scott’s throat, “I’ll send bits and pieces of you back to Jeannie for a month.”

“I’m not going to help you,” Scott ground out angrily. “You’re nothing but an animal.”

“Perhaps, but as said animal, I’m the one in control,” Wolverine snarled in his ear. “You are going to help Kitty heal and you’re going to do it with a big assed grin or you’ll deal with me. I think we both know you can’t win, you don’t have your eyes anymore!”

“One day I’ll be free of this collar and then I’m gonna…” Scott winced in pain at the slice of adamantium through flesh.

“You’re gonna suck cock,” Wolverine growled. “I’d whip your ass in half a heartbeat and we both know it. Now then, you’re gonna do what I tell you and you’re gonna take whatever Kitty hands you and like it. You and your friends have no idea what you’re in for and I’m gonna enjoy watching her take you apart and put you back together. Now then, since I know she’s gonna be unavailable for a while I’m gonna go get a few things and you’re gonna have some quiet time. Don’t fuck this up, or I’ll let Rogue tear you apart.”

Rising Logan shoved Scott aside and ambled out the door. A few moments later he returned with a file folder in one hand and an icy beer in the other, “Now since I’ve seen these I know what’s in this folder. You are going to study them until you’re so comfortable with them that you wouldn’t blink if you saw ‘em again.”

Dropping the folder on the floor at Scott’s feet Logan raised the beer to his lips and took a long swallow his dark eyes on Scott who stared at the folder carefully, like one would a deadly snake coiled to strike.

“Open it Scott,” Logan taunted, “See what the results of your handy work was.”

When Scott made no move to open the folder Logan moved quickly, lithely and rip the folder open for him. He ignored the way Scott blanched and the almost desperate rate he kept swallowing at the picture that lay on top… a picture of a girl who he’d known before.

“Study it. I’ve got all night and I’m gonna be damn sure that you won’t even think of withdrawing from her when it’s time.”

“What are you planning on doing with me?” Scott whispered pushing the picture of a mutilated body aside only to discover that there were more, that each one was more horrific then the last. “You going to do this to me?”

“No,” Logan shook his head, “We’re gonna let Kitty learn to accept those marks, and you’re gonna help her as well.”

“How?” Scott swallowed painfully.

“By showing her you find her an attractive, sexually desirable woman. One that you’d like to fuck…make love with,” Logan shrugged quickly, “If you don’t, you’ll be dealing with me and Rogue, and Jubilee and the girls are more dangerous than I am because they hate what you stand for even more than I do!”

Listening to the infernal sound of water dripping Scott stared down at the folder, memorizing each picture, each image even as his imagination put the cuts, the scars to the face he remembered. The sounds of water faded to be replaced by screams, by begging, by sobs as he imagined what she’d gone through, what she’d survived. Looking up at Logan who merely lounged against the wall, a dark, pensive look upon his face as he stared at the scattered photographs on the floor.

“I…I didn’t know,” Scott whispered softly staring at the picture of a bright, upbeat young woman darkened by hate, and abuse. “They’re lucky they survived.”

“Luck had nothing to do with it,” Logan ground out, “They fought hard to survive. They learned tricks to getting past the guards, learned how to manipulate their minds, their bodies to survive.”

“They shouldn’t have been on that mission,” Scott whispered softly, “I said so. I tried to make it clear I was against it and they…”

“Save the poor me I tried speech,” Logan ground out angrily, “It doesn’t wash with me. Far as I’m concerned you self centered prick you deserve to rot with them but since you’re here, since Kitty’s comfortable enough to pound on you, you get to be the guinea pig and help her out.”

“How? I can’t undo this sort of damage.”

“You’re gonna give her back her sexuality.”

Scott looked at Logan in shock, “I won’t do it. I’m not about…”

“Jean’s the least of your concerns. Consider it payback for being a total fuckin’ prick to them. Consider this either you do it,” Logan moved closer and pulled another set of pictures from his pocket, “Or I let them have you… and they won’t be so nice.”

Staring down at the ravaged face of Jubilee and the anger in Rogue’s gaze Scott swallowed harshly and closed his eyes, “Fine. I’ll do whatever I have to stay alive…doesn’t mean I have to like it.”

Logan laughed coldly, harshly, “Then start praying. Because after tonight the only thing you’re gonna understand is Kitty’s point of view.”

The slam of the door left Scott feeling more alone and isolated then anything ever had. Staring down into the pain filled eyes of a girl he’d once known Scott shook his head, he’d done this. He’d had a hand in putting those scars on the girls and now… now he had to atone for his deeds or pay the consequences!



Staring at the drably dressed young man who smirked back at her Jean couldn’t shake the sensation of pure pain that soaked through her shields. “Can I help you?”

“You Dr. Grey?”

“Yes,” Jean replied with a firm nod.

“Sign here please,” he handed her a clipboard and a small package.

Tearing into the package Jean pulled out a small box and a disk. Glancing at the young delivery man who merely smirked at her she swallowed and opened the box, “It’s not customary for a courier to wait while the package is opened.”

“I’m not your usual courier,” the man replied coldly, “I wanna see your reaction.”

“You know where Scott is don’t you?” Jean whispered sensing that the man knew something about her husband.

“You could say that,” the man chuckled at Jean’s affronted look. “Open the package…or would you rather I did it?”

“I’ll do it. It doesn’t concern you,” Jean snapped opening the package and pulling out blood stained tissue paper, uncovering the object within the box she clamped a hand over her mouth to still the urge to throw up as it fell to the floor and bounced across the room.

Catching the light was a familiar black visor, coated in a thick crust of dried blood and badly damaged on one side, “Scott?”

“Consider it a warning bitch,” the young man rose to his full height. “You crossed the wrong ones this time.”

“I don’t understand, I don’t know…” Jean whispered painfully.

“Welcome to our world. If you’re really lucky you might get something back of him, but I doubt it. Last time I checked in there wasn’t a whole lot left after the rats got to him.”

“Get out!” Jean choked, “Just GET OUT! You have no idea…”

The clink of metal on marble had her glancing down to the small object that rolled across the floor and collapse next to her foot. Sobbing silently she stared at the bloody band that stared back at her. Picking it up without bending down she swallowed painfully even as she heard a low chuckle and the sound of boots on the floor. The closing of the door was abnormally loud in her ears but she barely moved at it.

“Dear God no!” she whispered collapsing into a heap on the floor, her body wracked with sobs.




The sounds of sobs from within the cell had Rogue shuddering slightly but she refused to enter. The conversation she’d had with her only reinforced Rogue’s determination to allow Kitty some chance at normalcy. Perhaps she’d never have a real sexual relationship but she couldn’t hide behind the layers and the scars forever.

“How’s it going darlin’,” Logan asked sinking next to her.

“She hasn’t stopped crying since just after she went in there,” Rogue replied seriously. “This has been the hardest two days I’ve had in a long time.”

“She’s healin’,” Logan replied seriously flinching at the crash from inside the cell, “And Scooter’s gonna be sore for a while. I’d say that’s a good thing.”

Rogue smiled sadly, “She used to love him y’know? She used to want to be with him, want to touch him and now all she sees is a punching bag.”

“Reason enough for him to rebuild the bridges between them,” Logan replied. “I may hate him but don’t think he’d do something to hurt her purposely.”

“But he..”

“Protested your assignment,” Logan sighed, “he wasn’t lying about that. He didn’t think you three could handle the mission and he made that clear to Chuck and Jeannie and they out voted him.”

“We should tell Kitty,” Rogue shifted, gathering herself to rise.

“No, it’s not up to us,” Logan stared at Rogue, “Besides; Kitty isn’t going to believe it.”

“I guess not. Sinking back against him Rogue sighed, “Well I guess we sit here and wait.”

“No, let’s go for a walk. It ain’t like she’s gonna kill him. He’s much too important to her alive.”

“Edward say anything about how they reacted to our ‘parcel’?”

“Just that Dr. Grey looked devastated but he thinks it was more shock than grief.”

“Yeah that would suit the bitch,” Rogue growled as Logan ushered her down the hallway away from Kitty and Scott’s cell.


“You’re lying,” Kitty hissed kicking Scott as she moved past him. “Nobody wants me; nobody wants someone as ugly and dirty as I am.”

“You aren’t ugly or dirty,” Scott gasped painfully, “You’re just reacting to being hurt.”

“Fuck you Scooter,” Kitty hissed getting right in his face. “We’ve been here for two days and not once in all that time have you said something that I’d believe. I know what my friends are hoping but you know it ain’t gonna work. I’d rather spend the rest of my life eating shit then let you touch me.”

“Really? Cause from where I’m standing you don’t have a leg to stand on. You’re doing exactly what they did. You’ve become the enemy Kitty.”

“You’re the enemy,” Kitty replied and stepped away from him only to find herself jerked back and pressed against his body, her arms held tightly. “Let me go!”

“No. You’re not the girl I remember; you’re not even a pale imitation. You let those bastards that hurt you win because you surrendered. You don’t see Jubilee walking around acting like some sort of machine, Rogue’s living again. They’re stronger than that, stronger than you. If you really want to win, you really want to be that tough image you seem to think you have this isn’t the way to do it.”

“What would you know? You’re so far up Dr. Grey’s ass you wouldn’t know what real emotion was if it slapped you.”

“Really?” Scott hissed, ignoring her squirming and protesting. “Why haven’t you fazed through me? You’re capable of doing that and yet you haven’t? Why?”

“Fuck you.”

“Such language Katharine,” Scott tsked. “You can’t that’s why. There’s a part of you that you gave away to those bastards, you let them make you into this…this pale imitation.”

“You finished?” Kitty asked, her tone cold, her voice low.

“No. I’m not.”

“Well I am,” Kitty snarled and jerked backwards sending both of them teetering before they crashed to the floor, Kitty pinned beneath Scott’s heavy weight. Kicking and gasping Kitty couldn’t scream instead she struggled and when that didn’t seem to be working she gave in, surrendered and just lay there her hands pressed to her eyes, sobbing painfully.

The sound of her sobs tore at Scott but he refused to move, there was too much at stake to just forget and forgive. He needed to know, needed to see for himself that Kitty was healing the same as Jubilee and Rogue. He’d glad take the shit and abuse as long as she realized she didn’t have to fight the part of that wanted to be touched.

“Shh,” Scott shifting pulling her closer and sitting up, wrapping her in an embrace and rocking with her, “Just let it go Kitty, let the pain out.”

Clinging to him Kitty sobbed her mind at war with her body. One wanted to run, to hide from touch, to save herself the pain it would bring, the other was more traitorous, more dangerous it merely wanted to curl into the warmth of the body next to it and relish the contact.

The touch of warm, moist lips at her temple only made Kitty cry all that much harder and she curled into herself, rocking within Scott’s grasp as she tried to assimilate the knowledge of what she knew and what she’d experienced and how much that had altered her thought process.

“Talk to me,” Scott whispered, “Tell me what’s going through you mind Kitty. Let me help you.”

Kitty shook her head, “I can’t,” she ground out. “I won’t let you have that much of me. Not again, never, ever again.”

“You know you weren’t to blame for what they did. They hurt you because of their own sick minds, not because of anything you did. You’re no different to me now then you were back before the mission,” Scott whispered and let Kitty cry on his chest. He had no doubt that once she’d regained control he’d get a pounding but for now he’d let her ease her own pain in a way she could. Whispering softly, soothingly Scott sat there until the sobs had faded into broken, gasping breaths which faded into a deep, even rhythm that told him she’d fallen asleep.

Leaning his head back against the wall Scott swallowed and let go of his own control, letting the tears fall shamelessly. They had so much to make up for, so many wrongs that had to be righted and he wasn’t entirely confident that they could do that.