Author's Chapter Notes:
Marie had an alternate version as well. I hope I didn't destroy the whole movie. One more to go, from Logan's point of view.
She was bored. Bored out of her skull for pretending to be a meek little girl, pretending to be learning things they had taught her already, sitting quietly in classes and avoiding cheesy pick-up lines from the buys while teachers droned on about things she was already familiar with.

She was getting restless. Restless from sitting still and not getting her daily dose of exercises. Restless from sheer lust and anger because they had ordered her to sleep her nights in girl’s dorm instead of Logan’s bed.

She was getting antsy because she was supposed to be a timid, sixteen year old girl, interested in boys and shopping, when in reality her sixteenth birthday had been nearly five years ago, and that birthday she had spent sparring with Creed, nearly getting killed in the process but coming up on top with the aid of her mutation. After that Creed had given her a present. Quick and ruthless fuck against the nearest wall before it was time for him to leave out to the field.



It had been Logan’s idea to use her cover. Vulnerable runaway from somewhere Mississippi, unable to control her mutation, scared little princess in a world filled with potential threats.

She had to admit that professor Xavier and his people were probably more welcoming towards Marie than they would have been towards Rogue, but pitying looks and limping words of consolation she received left her wanting to bash their heads in.

On top of it all another mutant had taken interest in her. A man professor Xavier called Magneto. As if The Company panting close at Logan’s heels wasn’t enough.

She was sick of it all, in dire need of some violence and a good fuck, unable to lie still and sleep when whispers around her started to peter out and giggles turned to sleepy murmurs of good night. She sat up in her bed, hating how the long gown made of cotton cling to her skin. She usually slept nude, but now, with her ‘uncontrollable mutation’ it simply wasn’t possible for her to share the same space with other people unclothed. She rolled her shoulders and dropped her bare feet to the floor, enjoying the feel of the cool boards against the soles. Then pulled open a small drawer and hunted down a pair of socks. God forbid if she encountered somebody while wandering down the halls and corridors, and accidentally kicked with her bare feet. She wriggled her toes and nearly gagged when socks sucked themselves against her skin. It just wasn’t right to wear clothes in the night.



Her feet carried her through the night in front of a door. She knew she would find Logan from behind that door. She couldn’t help wondering how he managed to sleep without the isolation chamber. Longest stretches he had gone without decent rest had been week long at tops, after that he had been already going berserk, climbing up the walls, nearly screaming from the cacophony of scents and noises.

She pushed open the door and crept in to the waiting darkness.

Logan lay on his back, covers kicked low on his chest. He was clearly having troubles sleeping. Flinching and moaning from the slightest of the sounds coming through the walls. Hands and feet, his whole body twisting and turning in his sleep. Lips curling to a snarl, brows knitting together, small beads of sweat gathering to the hollow of his throat and on to his forehead.

She crept closer, leaning over him, intending to wake him up for some company.

When her hand landed on his shoulder his eyes opened. Narrowed to tiny slits, and an angry snarl tore from his throat. He moved faster than she had thought was possible, bolting to a seated position, his fist rising and pressing against her, something fast and sharp burning through her left shoulder.

He had nicked an artery, she could tell from the rapid cooling of her body and sudden loss of strength when he sheathed his claws and crawled away from her, suspicious look in his eyes.
“What the fuck were you playing at?” He snarled, not even flinching when she brought her bare hand against his cheek. She scrunched her forehead, trying to concentrate. It was hard when her own blood was running down her front and back, warm, cold and eager to escape from her veins.
“Sorry about this…” She choked out and opened the connection, drawing in something she hoped that Logan could afford to share.




“I’m sorry about last night. Shit, Marie… You should have known better than to try and wake me up like that!” Logan huffed, falling down on the cushioned seat next to hers.
“There’s a reason why they shackled me in to that chamber every night. They got tired of replacing technicians…” He whispered, throwing an arm around her shoulders. She gave in to her urge for closeness and leaned in to him.
“I’m sorry, too. I didn’t mean to hurt you. I… I thought I was drawing your mutation only,” she whispered, knowing nobody but Logan would be able to pick up her hushed voice.
“Yeah… Look, I think we should get back to Xavier’s. I don’t think it’s a good idea to ditch them yet. Not before we know what that Magneto-guy is after for.” She raised her head and scanned his face.
“You’re not mad at me?” She asked. Logan sighed and shook his head.
“I was. But I guess I got what I deserved. We both screwed up. We’re both sorry…” He whispered, leaning closer and pressed a kiss to her lips, snarling softly and throwing a glance towards a woman staring at them, flipping a finger at her condemning face.

“Okay, lets go before this train leaves…” Logan murmured. Suddenly the car around them started to shudder and tremble, raising partly off from the tracks and bouncing back down. Back wall of the car started to tear open. The people were screaming.

Logan bolted at his feet, turning to face the threat. A man dressed to a uniform of sorts, suit made from grey cloth and shrouded with a cape of matching color, his head covered with blood red helmet. She could only peer over the backrest of her seat, dread filling her veins with numb coldness from the display of sheer power.
“Logan…” She started, realizing there was nothing he could do to stop Magneto. Not with all that metal covering his bones. But the Wolverine refused to back out. Without sparing her even a glance he unsheathed his claws and bared his teeth. Magneto tsked and flicked his fingers, grasping Logan in to the grip of the magnetic field he was wielding and raised him off from the ground. She could hear the tendons and joints crunching and snapping under the strain, and Logan’s pained grunt when Magneto laughed, sending him flying backwards through the air.

She snapped out of her daze when she heard a metallic clunk, Logan hitting heavily against the wall of the car, and bolted after him. She managed two whole steps before something sharp lodged in to her neck and her world plummeted to darkness.



She woke up shackled from her hands and feet. Scent and movement told her she was in a ship or a boat of some sort. Old man, Magneto was standing next to her, staring out from a small, round window. She snarled low in her throat, pulling her bindings, testing them. She heard Magneto chuckling, then the man crouched next to her, just out of her reach.
“Good evening, my dear. I must apologize my earlier rudeness,” he spoke with a cultivated voice, words only slightly marred with an accent she couldn’t quite put her finger on. French? Russian? Maybe German?
“What do you want from me?” She asked, huge chunk of nausea settling to the pit of her stomach when she spotted Victor Creed standing behind Magneto, as well as an unknown woman covered from head to toe with blue scales.
“Oh, nothing you couldn’t afford to part…” Magneto mused.
“Just your life, my dear.”

She ranted and raved, spat and cursed, trying to loosen the plastic cords that were binding her wrists and ankles. Sharp edges tore in to her skin, making her bleed, but the residual regeneration from when she drained Logan kept her healing and alive, making it impossible to even knock herself unconscious. Creed was sitting opposite her, wide smirk on his face. Magneto was somewhere outside with the blue woman. She could hear them talking.

“So… You and the runt, eh?” Creed asked. She narrowed her eyes and spat at him. The beast only smirked wider, wiping the saliva from his face with the pad of his thumb and sucking it in to his mouth, purring from contentment.
“Did he make you scream as I did? Were you begging for more when he was finished?” He asked.
“I didn’t have to beg for more. Wolverine is good at what he does. Very attentive and thorough…” She hissed, wrangling her wrists, enjoying from the way Creed’s pupils dilated from the scent of her blood.
“He fucked me long and hard… Finally I got to feel what a real cock feels like…” If she were lucky Victor would get angry enough to try and hurt her. He was already fuming.
“Real cock? I doubt that. You do know he’s been enhanced. Me? All nature…” Creed purred, grabbing his groin, drawing her attention to the huge bulge straining the front of his trousers. She snorted.
“Enhanced or not, at least I could feel him inside of me. I didn’t have to fake anything like I did with you.” That made Creed bolt up and stalk closer at her, clawed paws drawn to tight fists, gleaming teeth bared to a threatening grimace. For a moment he looked about ready to swipe off her head. Then Magneto stepped between them, clucking his tongue and sending the beast outside with a disapproving glance before turning towards her.
“My dear, I must ask you to refrain from aggravating our mutual friend. He’s wound up as it is, and I’d hate to see you getting hurt needlessly.”
“Bite me!” She spat. Magneto shook his head, looking suddenly very tired.
“What is it with kids today…” He muttered before walking out, leaving her alone with her thoughts.



Apparently Creed had found more profitable alliance with Magneto than what he had with The Company. Either that, or he was counting on Magneto’s ability to control metal to bring Logan to his lap. Either way it didn’t look good. And she still had no idea of what Magneto was after for. If the man had wanted Logan, he could have taken him in the train. Instead he had kidnapped her.

“Hey! Bucket Head!” She shouted. Magneto peered in, leaning to the doorframe.
“Oh, my dear. Must you be so vulgar?” He asked.
“Fuck you. What is it that you want from me anyway?” She asked.
“I have found a way to mutate the world leaders, make them our brothers. For that I need you, and your quite unique powers.”
“What?”
“It’s quite simple, actually. You will absorb my ability to manipulate metal, and use it to power a machine that creates radiation that induces mutations in normal human cells. Unfortunately you’ll find the experience quite draining. I’m afraid the machine will kill you, my dear. For that I am sorry.”
“You’re insane if you think that I will absorb you!” She shouted. Again Magneto tsked, shaking his head.
“I happen to know that your friend, the one from the train… He’s coming for you. With Xavier’s little team. Either you drain me, or I’ll hand over your friend to Mr. Creed.”
“And I’m supposed to believe that?” She laughed. Magneto peered her with indifferent look in his eyes.
“I have no interest whatsoever towards the abomination you know as Wolverine. As long as I get what I want and he won’t get in my way, he’s free to go. So, what is it going to be?”
“Fuck you. Touch me and I’ll drain you dry…”
“In case of that happening my team, The Brotherhood, has permanent orders to aid Mr. Creed in capturing Wolverine. Though he may seem unstoppable to you, I can assure that I have several people in my ranks capable of bringing him down.”

Allotted week from Logan’s release had already passed. Creed still being after him meant only one thing. The Company wanted to get rid of him. And Magneto, aside from his homicidal intentions, seemed sincere enough. And she could stall. Magneto had said that Logan was coming for her. Maybe he would find a way to save her.
“Fine. I’ll do it.”



She realized her stupidity when the machine she was strapped on rose high up in the sky, and she could see Xavier’s team, The X-Men, tightly restrained and Logan battling against Creed on top of the Statue Of Liberty. Magneto had no interest in Logan; therefore he had no reason to call Creed off from his back. She could only watch and scream when the humungous cat-man grabbed Logan and threw him down. She could hear distant screeching, metal against metal, then nothing. She tried to crane her neck to see, to see Logan for the one last time, even if it were only his crushed corpse down below, but the machine started, blurring her vision, making her forget everybody and everything, slowly but inevitable eating her away.