Author's Chapter Notes:
This was originally supposed to be something dark, but then I just couldn't do it.
I stood there waiting for an answer; tapping my fingers on the crook of my folded arms which lay somewhat uncomfortably on my chest. He never gave me one; just turned his back to me like he always does and headed down the hall. Naturally, I followed him; making good use of the echoes bouncing off the walls as I continued my rant. Still he stayed silent; allowing me to talk myself out before he finally spoke. “I’m sorry.” He said in a low tone. “That’s it?” I thought, “I’m just supposed to understand?” Well I didn’t, I wouldn’t… how could I? Logan had forgotten our anniversary. It was inexcusable, it was unacceptable, it… was written on the card he handed me… I felt like an ass. “Happy 1st Anniversary babe.” He said with this stupid all knowing smirk on his face. Then he handed me the tags; a new set with both our names on it. That was about the same moment I’d started feeling bad about having called him an insensitive heap not ten minutes before. “Don’t worry.” He said half-sarcastically, “You can make it up to me later.” And with a wink Logan was gone; swaggering as I took in the sight of his fine behind walking toward our bedroom.