They barely made it past the front gate of Tom’s yard when disaster struck, in a form of an enormous bird of prey, grabbing professor Xavier and dragging him up in the air, disappearing from the view faster than Logan could grab the professor’s ankles.

Logan’s enraged howl echoed from the wooden walls of the houses lining the street. He stood in the middle of the road, his clenched fists still raised up in the air as if he could bring Xavier back to his reach with pure will alone. Scuffle with the puma earlier, and his lurch after the bird had torn few stitches from his shoulder and fresh blood streaked the upper back and the sleeve of the shirt he was wearing. He didn’t even seem to notice it trickling down his arm.
“Logan, you’re bleeding again…” Marie said, grasping his arm. Logan snarled and yanked his hand free from her grasp.
“Fuck it. That bastard messed with me for the last time. You hear me, Entragian? Or what the fuck ever you are! Come out and fight like a man! What kind of a wuss harasses old men when there’s a real challenge waiting?” He shouted from the top of his lungs, letting his voice carry far in the night. Only distant echo answered.
“You fucking gutless piece of shit! Get over here! You don’t want me to come after you!”
“Logan, don’t. I have a bad feeling about this…” Marie tried to shush him.
“Shut up, squirt. Nobody, fucking nobody puts his paws on to what’s mine. And from the minute the professor gave me the order to watch his back he became my responsibility. I happen to take responsibilities seriously! You fucking freak of the nature, get off from that goat you’re boning and show me what you’re made of!” Logan resumed bellowing out his frustration and anger. And the laughter started. Evil cackle that rolled from the shadows, brushing against them like an invisible caress, twirling around and bouncing off from houses and fences.

“You amuse me, mortal… I think I let you life for little longer, now that I have your friend to play with… Tak!” Voice boomed straight from the sky, hammering them down on the street on their knees. She felt a sudden sting in her ears, and warm trickle of fluid rolling down from her left earlobe. She had ruptured an eardrum. Logan wasn’t faring any better. With his heightened senses he had taken even harder blow. Blood was practically pouring from his nose and ears. He shook his head, letting red droplets flying everywhere and rose to his feet, raising a hand towards the sky.
“That all you got? You have to do better, otherwise you’re just wasting my time you fucking retard!” He shouted, flipping a finger.
“Don’t tempt me… I do not wish to crush you like an insect, Os Pa! … Wait for your turn, little mortal…” With that said the disgusting, gut twisting feel of a presence of slithering old and evil started to evaporate. It vanished to thin air, and Logan fell on his knees on the street, his teeth bared to an enraged grimace, hands gripped to tight fists, his whole body shivering.

He was about ready to blow up. Rip and tear in to anything and everything that got on his way. Starting from the girl who was kneeling next to him, rubbing his shoulders and cooing.
“Take your fucking hands off from me and shut up. Playing nurse may be your cup of tea, but right now I’m in the mood for whole another kind of play. Back off!”
“I think we should both back off. Try to leave. You heard that thing. It isn’t even human.”
“I don’t fucking care what it is! I’m not leaving without Xavier! I’m not leaving before I have chopped that spineless fucker that took him to fucking pieces and fed them to those freaking vultures!”
“Maybe we should try and find out more about what were up against before we do anything else?” The girl asked. He snorted, closing his eyes.
“Summers would fuck you to the carpet… Right in the middle of the tactics room. You’re his kind of girl…”
“Summers?” The girl asked. He shook his head.
“Just a guy I work with. When I’m not roaming around and getting my ass handed to me on a silver plate by some fucking demi-god…”
“Well, I prefer my men with stubborn streak and lots of hair. This Summers guy fit the description?” The girl asked helping him up from the asphalt.
“Hell no. But I know this other guy. Name’s Victor Creed. Or Sabretooth.”
“Sabretooth? I’m not in to cats. Not after what happened to poor Tom,” the girl grimaced. Logan chuckled.
“I guess that leaves only me, then. Oh, the horror. If Entragian won’t tear me to shreds you bash my face in with a frying pan.”
“Only if you lay your hands on me.”
“What about my dick, then?”
“What about your dick?”
“You’ll hurt me if I lay my hands on you, but what if I stick my dick in to you? What would you do then?”
“I don’t know. That depends… Oh, God. We really are having this conversation, aren’t we?” the girl asked.
“Yeah. Don’t worry. I talk a lot when I’m scared.”
“You’re scared?” She asked. Logan nodded, serious frown landing over his features.
“I may look and act stupid, but I’m smart enough to know when I should back off...”