Piotr walked through the hallways his destination clear. Logan might be out of the house by Rogue wouldn't be. She never left their room, never ventured far without Logan these days.

Ignoring the quiet mutters from those around him or Bobby's voice as he spoke to Kitty, Piotr darted up the stairs. His long legs carried him down the corridor to the simple wooden door of Logan's bedroom.

"Please let her be in a good mood." Piotr whispered to himself and raised a hand to knock.

"Who is it?" Rogue's surly tone drifted through the wood.

"Piotr, we need to talk." Piotr rubbed at his throat and eyed the faint tinge of blood on his fingers. He heard the lock click and a moment later the door swung open to reveal Rogue.

The once vibrant young woman had faded. In her stead a shadow of her former self stood, her hair was matted and her face had an unhealthy paller to it. Her dark eyes glared at him with banked hostility as she held the door.

"What do you want?" Rogue demanded, her head rested on the door.

Piotr glanced up and down the hall. "Weapon." He whispered and raised his chin to reveal the bite marks. "May I?"

Rogue eyed the wounds and a slow, easy smile crossed her face. "Come in." She closed the door behind him and moved to set on the edge of the bed. "Start talking."

"I was out looking for Logan, he took off toward the cabin on the lake." Piotr explained quickly. "When something hit me. Knocked me clear off my feet and I lost my flashlight. Next thing I know I've got a mass of hair and bare skin on top of me, and very sharp canines sunk into my flesh. I was metalled up Rogue, how she got through my armor I'm not sure - "

"She can manipulate any metal. It's what she's capable of. She is metal, only her's isn't organic its adamantium and it slices through anything - even diamonds." Rogue replied. "How do you know it was weapon and not Sabertooth?"

"Because, Sabertooth doesn't have breasts," Piotr smirked, "Nor does he call you the Chosen."

Rogue paled and stood to pace to the window. "How is she? Tell me everything about her?"

"She's not the same woman that was here before. She's without wings, feral to the max. Truthfully, if I hadn't heard her speak I'd have thought her a wild animal set to rip my throat out and eat me. She's filled with bitter rage Rogue, and I'm not sure anyone of us could stop her."

Rogue shrugged, her eyes scanned the back yard, the tree line desperately. Could it be so simple? Could Weapon be so close? "She's after the monster." Rogue turned to face Piotr. "And you aren't it. That she didn't kill you is reason enough to be thankful. She must have wanted something."

"Information, perhaps? I can't tell her antyhing, I don't know anything Rogue, you know as well as I do that - " Piotr paused as the door knob turned and the door swung open slowly.

He rose to his feet and shifted uncomfortably at the fury and challenge in Logan's gaze. Piotr's eyes darted to Rogue who whimpered softly before settling back on Logan's. "I had news." he started to explain.

"You stink of blood. What happened?" Logan ground out.

"Weapon." Rogue smiled at him, her eyes sparkled happily. "She tackled him."

"Weapon's here?" Logan slammed the door and stalked over to glare at Piotr. "Where? What did she say?"

"Not much. There wasn't a real conversation you know, we sorta had a fight. I didn't know it was her that tackled me and my training kicked in. She fell back when Bobby started hollering at me to come inside. I don't know, she's dangerous, Logan. Very dangerous."

"Of course she is. She's probably been through hell, not exactly a good reason to be happy go lucky."

"Should I try and make contact?" Rogue whispered as she walked up to wrap Logan in her embrace. "Should I try and talk to her? To them?"

"Would that be wise?" Piotr asked. "She was ready to rip my throat out, what makes you think - "

"You aren't Chosen." Rogue replied quickly. "You're disposable to them. Logan, this could be the proof we need. If I can talk to her, if I can get out details maybe it'll be enough to take it to Charles."

"Do you think he's gonna give a damn about something his star pupil did?" Logan grunted angrily. "No, we'll deal with this ourselves. You go out and talk to them later; we'll go for a walk. I'm sure we can figure something out."

Rogue nodded and smiled up at him. "At least she made it back to us."

"Yeah, but at what cost?" Logan stared at Piotr who swallowed uneasily. The cost of Jean's betrayal would be high - but how high only time would tell.

****

Weapon paced a low growl in her chest as she eyed the mansion. Each stride like a caged beast as she watched the lights go out one by one. She waited her weight on her toes as she listened to the sounds of the facility going to bed. Tonight she'd sneak in; tonight she'd start taking the young from the monster. A muted growl from behind her drew her attention and she watched as a side door opened and two figures stepped out into the shadows. A third joined them and they started toward the tree line on the other side of the field.

"Stay." She ground out and took to the trees. The wind had carried a familiar scent to her and her prey from earlier wouldn't be so lucky this time.

Silent, deadly Weapon moved through the branches with ease. She hunkered down next to an aged spruce, her gaze steady on the trio as they moved through the shadows. She would let the two in the lead pass and then the third would be hers.

A slow procession by her, Weapon's attention was focused on the tall man who smelled faintly of blood and her own essence. When he was even with her, she launched from her hiding place.

Piotr grunted at the heavy weight that settled on his chest. He opened his mouth to call to Rogue and Logan but found to his horror that his throat was cut off. He couldn't breath, couldn't scream, or cry out for help. His struggles were weak, uncoordinated with the heavy pressure on his chest and windpipe. Darkness swam behind his eye lids as he felt himself being dragged deeper into the shadows.

When the weight eased he gasped for breath and sat up only to find himself lifted to his feet, a hard hand clamped around his throat.

"Dinner." The low, rage filled word drew fear like a knife draws blood.

“I'm not that tasty," he grunted weakly.

"Why should I not kill you and let my pack devour your flesh? What should I do with you, kill you or play with you. Killing is too quick, I'd get little satisfaction." Her tone turned seductive, almost sweet, and gentle. "Playing with you would bring me much satisfaction - and entertainment to my pack mates. Still you might cry out, might ruin the game. Your cries might awaken the monster, draw her attention. Do you think I'd like that?" She licked along his jaw, saliva oozing down his skin. "Do you think I'd enjoy the monster's awareness?"
Piotr shook his head. "Look Rogue and Logan are out there. They came to talk to you, to your littermate. If you let me go I'll take you to them."

"No. My pack will protect them. I'm no longer whole, your monster made sure that they took from me. Now I will take from you, from them." Weapon hissed. "You will be my play toy. Do you not like that idea? Do you not want to pleasure me?"

"Rogue and Logan have been very worried." Piotr gasped. "They've been searching for you. If you kill me they'll be very mad."

"Their anger has no effect on me. I don't feel terrible about it; don't feel as though I owe you mercy. Your monster did this, stole my wings from me. How can I fly, how can I protect what is MINE if I have no wings?"

"I don't know." Piotr trembled; fear choked him, the bitter flavor heavy upon his tongue. He could feel his body ache with it, feel the tightening of his face, his throat as he kicked futilely. Whoever had made her had done too good of a job. "Please, I don't want to die."

"Oh you won't die." Weapon whispered softly. "Death comes to those who earn it. You haven't earned it yet. I will make you watch while I destroy everything you and your monster hold so valuable. You will listen to her screams; hear her beg for death while the males in my pack take her over and over again. She will bleed and when they have finished with her, I will reward you by allowing you to take her. To force yourself into her bloodied body until you have been pleasured. Am I not generous? Not kind?"

Piotr swallowed awkwardly. "If you do that they'll hunt you down. They'll kill you and your pack."

"I do not fear them. I can kill them. Or is it that you want to be taken? That you want to have her first?"

"Talk to Rogue, to Logan, ask them what they want. Don't go doing this without thinking." Piotr could feel his mutation tickle as he struggled to keep from turning it on. "I will help you. I can get you in, make sure you are safe."

"You would betray your own pack? Why? Do you want to be the Alpha - and the old one won't let you?" Weapon nipped at his earlobe. "Do you think I would let you be equal to me? You will have to prove yourself; you will have to please me. Can you do that? Can you please me, and earn your place within my pack?"

Wisely, Piotr kept silent. He didn't want to anger her, or draw the attention of the telepaths in the mansion because it would go bad for him. He wondered if Logan could smell his fear, "Logan needs to talk to you."

"You will have to convince me to listen to his words. Father will be angered that I am no longer whole." Weapon pressed her body against his. "You can make me whole again, and then we will talk to them. Fight and I will kill everything within those walls, submit and I may just kill you. You will please me."

Weapon let go of him and Piotr dropped to the ground gasping for air. "We walk now. And you will see what pleases me."

Piotr grunted in pain as she lifted him, her grip tight enough to leave marks and ushered him through the trees. He glanced once behind him and saw Logan and Rogue's silhouetted figures in the moonlight.

Fear held his voice captive as they vanished from his sight into the brush and foliage. The howl that ripped the night air sent a bolt of terror down his spine and he wondered just how bad things would get for him before he could save himself.