Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the sequel to A Mask of Adamantium. Hope y'all like it, feedback is as always appreciated good or bad!
The annoying buzz of florescent lights irritated her ears even as she became aware of an only too familiar burning within her body. Grinding her teeth together she opened her eyes a crack and looked around carefully.

The fuzzy white figures standing clustered together a short distance off spoke softly, professionally. Their discussion was in medical terms, emotionless as though they were discussing the weather, or a cadaver. Behind them on screens were what was obviously X-rays of a skeleton laced with metal.

Letting her eyes close, she inhaled slowly before sinking back into the warmth of unconsciousness.


When she surfaced again the distinct sound of men’s voices next to her raced through her mind and body. Snarling in anger she lay listening to them, unease and fear warring with rage and hatred within her heart.

“She’s completely unresponsive. We’ve tried every stimuli and so far the subject had been stoically silent. We’ve run the simple tests and she’s a healthy specimen.”

“Capable of reproduction?”

“All indications are that she is capable. Our estimations put her at full reproductive maturity. She has not however, ovulated recently so we may need to induce her body.”

“Excellent. Put her in block D. We’ll check with the others before continuing with the next round of tests.”

“Yes sir.”


Jerked to her feet she glared at the two young guards flanking her. She barely flinched as they pulled her along alternating between walking and groping her. Ignoring the desire to slice and dice, she focused instead on locating a familiar scent to confirm or deny the presence of other mutants.

Catching no sound or scent to reveal the whereabouts of those she’d fought beside she turned instead to her own survival. Trudging along she counted every door they past, every guard post, and stored that information for later.

“Hey darlin’ how about a little fun?” one guard suggested squeezing her nearly naked breast. “We all need a little relaxation from time to time.”

“Yeah. It’d just be us. You know you’ll enjoy it. All you mutie freaks are into this sorta thing.”

Growling under her breath she followed wordlessly. She knew from experience that struggling only made matters worse. Besides, these two were young, green, and probably inexperienced in torture. All she really had to worry about with these two was rape - a rather unpleasant occurrence but still better than the torture.

Pushing the longing to see a tall, dark haired man in red sunglasses to the back of her mind, she kept moving. The clang of the cell door had her glancing around quickly. It the few seconds to look around she saw the familiar shackling, the cold, impersonal cement bunk and the thick cattle prods leaning against the wall.

The acrid mixture of semen and blood soaked the air and she felt her stomach twist. Standing still in the middle of the room she barely felt the chill of the shackles going on, instead she focused inward finding and turning off the switch to keep her sanity intact.

She was no longer a grown woman, but a small, defenseless child watching as the other females around her were abused, tortured. She could hear the screams of the Father, hear the roars of agony, of degradation, and pain and a small kernel of rage grew within her. She would not become like those who had fallen before her, she would not allow herself to be so weak.



Trotting through the lush underbrush in silence a lone male eyed the wire encircled buildings from a knoll. Hunkered down he watched the guards moving through the darkness. Quick, ruthless eyes assessed the scene, counting men, evaluating strengths, weaknesses.

Sniffing at the air he sneered at the rich, metallic odor that soaked the air. Growing at the faint screams of pain he slid backwards into the shadows. He knew there were more out there, knew that she had not been aware of all who had survived…he would find them.

Raising his head he howled into the darkness, sending forth a cry of rage that would summon those who recognized it. He listened to the night, a slight smile crossing his face as he heard an answering howl.

He would watch over her. He would get her out of that place and then he would kill all who’d dared to harm her.


The oppressive heat of late day woke him. Stretching and yawning like an overgrown cat he moved into position to observe. He would wait for just the right moment before he launched an attack.

The army would see the value of their investments, and regret them for the briefest of moments before he killed them. He listened to the faint screams through out the day, hearing the agony and the rage within them.

Tensing he stared hard as he saw two guards approach an open pit. Moving downwind of the men silently, quickly he inhaled the fresh aroma of blood, of the essence of men, and pain.

He watched in silence as they tossed their burden into the pit and hurried back to the buildings. Stalking through the growth he moved closer to the pit, using the natural cover to hide his presence.

With a furious growl he hunkered down, he would have to wait until darkness to know what they’d discarded. Eyes flashing in the shadows he watched two new men and a tall, beautiful red haired woman get out of a vehicle. Wrath scratched at his throat as he caught the scent of the woman.

“Traitorous monster.” He snarled his teeth clashing together. He watched as the woman smiled charmingly at the men, as she walked inside without a concern and licked his lips. Whatever pain his littermate had endured this monster would feel. She would bear the marks of her treachery for all to see.

As silent as the fog he drifted back into deeper cover and waited for the darkness to fall. Hunched over beside a boulder he growled low in his throat a moment before a tall, broad shouldered, heavily muscled male jumped to the ground a few feet away from his position.

“Where?”

“In there.” He grunted nodding at the buildings as the lights began to glow within the darkness.

“Hurt?”

He glanced to his right and stared at the red eyes glowing back at him. “Come.” Leading the way he moved toward the pit. After a quick glance around he hopped down and rifled through the trash that had been added throughout the day. An enraged roar erupted from his chest as he lifted the cold, shriveled remains of what had obviously been wings up for his littermate to see.

The answering snarl from the other male only added to their shared rage. Taking the wings from the pit, they cursed the monsters beyond the wire.

Examining them he whimpered as he realized that they hadn’t been cut off, they’d merely been ripped from her body like a claw or a tooth. The ragged, gory ends still carried her scent, her blood, her essence.

“Kill.”

“Play!”

“Others be here soon.”

Nodding quickly he laid the torn appendages back into the pit and stared at them for a moment before darting back into cover. No point in alerting anyone to their presence just yet!