Author's Chapter Notes:
Let's step slightly forward in time with this one, shall we? I think this whole mess has been sitting at my comp unsolved far too long.
She woke up with a jolt, her ears perked for Nate’s hasty scream that never came. She huffed and plopped back on to her bed. Wedding day. Scott and Jean were taking care of Nate. She’d be walking down the aisle with Logan in less than… Two hours? She scrambled up again, barging to the bathroom only to find the door locked. She could hear shower running.

“Logan! Let me in!” She banged the door.
“Can’t do that, darling. I’m not supposed to see you before we’re standing at the altar, remember?” She heard him chuckling. She kicked the door.
“If this fucking door doesn’t open at this instant, you’re not going to see me at all, not even at the altar!” She growled. Shower was turned off and she could hear water dribbling to the tiled floor. Then the doorknob turned.
“Better let you in, then…” Logan grunted.

Her threat about the altar was idle. There wouldn’t even be one. They had decided to have a small, modest ceremony. No church, no priest. Just the judge and them and the team X, excluding Bobby who had made it perfectly clear that though he was happy for them he wasn’t going to attend to the whole shindig.

She slipped in to the shower stall, behind Logan and wound her hands around his waist, grasping his cock lightly.
“Woah, girlie! Keep that up and we’re going to have to get hitched some other time!” Logan huffed and turned, wiping the shampoo from his eyes. She cuddled against him, warm water pelting over their bodies and nuzzled his chest. He finished rinsing off the shampoo and hugged her back, rocking slightly back and forth.
“You sure about this?” He asked.

She wanted to nod. She was sure. She was comfortable with Logan. Logan seemed to be comfortable with her and Nate. The sex between her and Logan was great. Everything was just so great and convenient that she just wanted to puke, because any moment now the other shoe would drop. It had to.

“Are you?” She asked instead of answering. His ribcage expanded under her arms when he took a long breath before answering.
“I’m sure, darling. It’s about time to settle down for me. But is it for you?” He asked. She tilted her head upwards to see his face. He was completely serious.
“I’d like nothing more than to share the rest of my life with you two, but is this really the face you want to see every morning when you wake up? You just broke up with Bobby, don’t you want to… Live a little? Have fun? Go to clubbing and do stuff on your own?” She started to answer but Logan shushed her.
“I will be here for you and Nate, whatever you decide to do. Are you absolutely sure that you want to share your life with me?” He asked.

She leaned against him, her ear pressed against his chest, sound of the dribbling water not enough to drown the steady beat of his heart.
“I’m sure,” she whispered, suddenly at the verge of tears. Logan’s hold from her tightened and she felt his lips brushing against her temple.
“I just want you to know one thing, kid. This is your life. You do whatever the hell is it that you want to do. You’re going to be a mother and a wife, not a servant for me.”
“And… And I want you to know something, too,” she whispered, swallowing rapidly, blinking back tears.
“You don’t have to marry me to be a part of my life. You don’t have to marry me to be with Nate. You’re my best friend, and as far as I’m concerned, you are, and have always been Nate’s father.”

For a long moment they stood under the shower, just holding each other.

“I don’t have to marry you, but I want to. There’s not a hell of a lot of what I got to offer, but what I got is already yours, and I want to make it legal. For your sake. For Nate’s sake. But we probably should stop this mushy blubbering. We have less than two hours before we’re standing in front of that judge. I’d hate to miss my own goddamned wedding,” Logan finally spoke reaching for the shampoo and started lathering her hair with it.
“Yeah. Speaking about which, what the hell are you still doing in here? You’re not supposed to see me before we get in to the courthouse,” She asked, swatting him playfully with the soapy sponge she was clutching.
“Hmph… I was just enjoying a nice relaxing shower when this crazy chick barged in and interrupted me…” Logan grumbled but stepped out of the shower and reached for a towel.
“Are you going to be alright in here alone?” He asked, wrapping the towel around his waist. She nodded.
“Good. Scott asked me to stop by before we left, you’ll find me from there if you need anything.”

She waited until she could hear the door to their room closing after Logan before she crumbled to the floor, knees shaking, unable to hold back the tears any longer. She was happy. Ecstatic in fact, but Logan would have probably taken it the wrong way if she had let go in front of him. The last thing she wanted or needed was to Logan start having doubts about her sincerity.