She laid Nate down to the crib carefully, once again marveling how easy baby he was. He was finally sleeping through the nights, and almost never cried. She tiptoed out from the room and closed the door. Walls were thin enough for her to hear if Nate woke up. And she’d be staying awake with Logan for a while. Closed door would tune out their whispers for the most part and give Nate the silence he needed for peaceful dreams.

Logan was sitting on the couch, his head lowered to the backrest, eyes closed. When she approached him he cracked his eyes open and smiled with watery eyes.
“What a way to start a life together. Your dear hubby weeping over another woman…” He croaked with a thick voice. She sat on his lap, straddling him. Combed back strands of hair that had fallen over his forehead.
“I would be worried if you weren’t weeping. She wasn’t just another fuck, was she?” She asked. Logan swallowed.
“I don’t know. Probably not. I really cared about her. And Matt… He was just a kid. Couldn’t even move properly on his own. Camille probably put up a real fight when those fuckers broke in. Made them work for their reward, but Matt… He was just a baby. There was no reason to kill him. They just did it because they could. What kind of a fucked up world is this? Huh? What kind of a people goes around slaughtering babies?”
“A fucked up world. But I’m glad that Nate and I have you to look after us.”
“Yeah… About that… You talked with Drake?” Logan asked. Apparently he hadn’t even seen Bobby outside with them.
“I talked with him. He’s happy with what ever I decide to do.”
“Just like that?” Logan frowned.
“His attitude kind of makes me wish that I had clawed him, even just a little, in that fucking bathroom…” He growled softly.
“But isn’t it a good thing…”
“It certainly makes things easier. And it shows how much he really cares about you and Nate. He couldn’t care less about you two. That little prick…”
“Just don’t hurt him. Please. At least wait until he’s signed all the papers before you lop off his hands, okay?” Marie asked, batting her lashes. Logan snorted a low chuckle.

After a moment they were both trying their earnest not to burst out laughing out loud in fear of waking Nate. She buried her face against his chest when she couldn’t stifle the giggles, and drowned them to his shirt. It felt good to laugh. Not that there was anything to laugh about when you were in the near future marrying a homicidal lunatic that was after your ex, and not in a good way, but she needed to laugh. And it felt like Logan had needed it too. Tense, rock hard muscles loosened a bit, and he curled his hands around her hips, his palms ending to rest on her buttocks.

She came up for air. Logan was sitting stock-still; his head tilted slightly sideways, lips parted and holding his breath.
“What is it?” She asked, instantly worried. Logan shook his head.
“Nothing. Thought I heard Nate waking up, but he’s sleeping. And we should probably follow his example…” He said yawning widely.
“Oh, it’s past your bedtime already?” Marie asked, faking wide-eyed worry.
“Funny. Very funny. This has been probably the shittiest day of my life. And at the same time the best of them all. So you have to forgive me if I’m little worn out.”
“Yeah. It has been a long day for both of us. I think I’ll go to bed, maybe read a while…” She started scooting off from Logan’s lap. He grasped her thighs.
“Not so fast. Get over here.”

She tensed from the surprise, but the tension soon melted away when their lips met and Logan kissed her. Just a chaste peck, their lips barely touching. She could more feel the salt from his tears covering his lips than actually taste it.
“I said we should… Never said we would…” Logan murmured deepening the kiss, pulling her closer against him. His tongue swept against her, slick muscle tasting the cavern of her mouth. His hands were kneading her buttocks.
“So, you’re after for a little fun…” She muttered between nips and licks.
“What the hell did you expect… Sitting on me like that… Get this contraption off!” Logan was trying to simultaneously peel off her shirt and bra, having tangled her necklace to the same mess.

She managed to squirm out from her cloth and silver prison just in time to be captured by Logan’s roaming hands and mouth. He was everywhere, kissing, licking, nibbling and caressing her, making the heat rise in her. When she tried to turn the tables he captured her wrists with one hand and continued his assault with the other. Moisture started gathering, pooling between her legs and rising upwards, making her nipples harden and leak. Hot and coarse tongue hurried to gather every drop, making her breasts tingle and her whole body throbbing from need.

She was struggling lightly against his hold from her wrists, not really even trying to get free, but more out of habit. With Bobby, when they still had had sex, she had always taken the lead. Not because she wanted to, but because she had gotten frustrated to his clumsy attempts of caresses. Logan grasped her wrists more firmly, soft growl rumbling from somewhere deep inside of him. Not a warning. She could see from his eyes that he loved every moment of it. Up until shrill scream from Nate’s room send them tumbling on the floor.

Logan regained his composure first. He rose from the floor chuckling.
“Brat… We’re going to have a little chat when you’re few years older and whining why you can’t bring your girlfriend for sleepover…” He muttered, opening the door and walking to the crib where Nate was crying.
“Uhh… Hi. Could you stop that screaming for a moment? I need to speak with you.”
“Logan, I don’t think that’s going to… Work…” Marie stopped on the doorstep, simply amazed. Logan hadn’t even touched Nate, baby was still lying on his back in the crib, but he had stopped crying and was looking at Logan expectantly.
“I was just about to make your mommy scream. In a good way. You kind of interrupted us. Usually I don’t tolerate interruptions, but I’m willing to make an exception for you. You had a bad dream or something? Because from the smell of things you’re okay.” She leaned against the wall and just watched. Nate was gurgling at his own baby language, as if he was answering to Logan.
“Just go back to sleep, okay? I’ll wait here until you fall asleep,” Logan said with a serious tone, laying on the floor next to the crib, pulling a huge, stuffed bear under his head as a pillow.

She started sneaking out.
“Marie?” Logan’s whisper stopped her.
“Come and get me if I fall asleep, okay? I don’t think it’s a good idea for me to sleep in here.”
“Sure.”
“And if you’re not too tired, maybe we should see if I can make you scream…”