Author's Chapter Notes:
For the sake of the story the Hole In One, and it's patrons are portrayed extremely caricaturist way. No offence intended.
“Fuck off, pipsqueak. I’m looking for somebody and you’re cramping my style…” Logan growled. Skinny, blonde man who had been practically humping his leg retreated fast to safe distance, casting longing glances towards him, and murderous glares towards Marie.
“I can’t see him…” Marie was practically bristling from nervousness.
“You have to stand up, shorty,” Logan smirked. She swatted his arm, then let out an alarmed squeak when Logan grabbed her from the waist and hoisted her on top of a table.
“Any better?” She heard him asking and nodded. Up here she could see over the crowd. Who would have guessed that the place would be filled to the brim in the middle of a day?

“I still can’t see him… It’s so dark in here…” She wobbled down from the table. Logan huffed.
“I’ll go and have a look.”

She had to struggle just to get back to the bar. She could only watch in awe when crowd parted around Logan, letting him through. She could see hands reaching out to grab him. Somebody stuffed a small slip of paper to the back pocket of his jeans. Logan shook his head but walked forward, disappearing fast to the maze of twisting and twirling bodies on the dance floor.

“I found him.” She was enjoying the sight and feel of tall glass of something that was decorated with a paper umbrella. She hadn’t tasted the drink yet, but it looked simply beautiful. Light green, topped with white, served from pristine glass, which had already started collecting moisture from the air. She grabbed the umbrella, crunching it and flicking it to side and grabbed the drink.
“And?” She asked with a shaky voice. Logan huffed and shoved his hands to his pockets, not even noticing how several men around him practically swooned.
“Lets get the fuck out of here. Were going to find somebody who can write you divorce papers.”
“He really is gay?” Marie asked.
“Found him from the bathroom. Drunk as a skunk, gobbling up another man’s wiener. So, yeah. I think he’s gay.”
“Oh. Well, that was kind of a relief…” She huffed, throwing back the girly drink she was holding, grimacing after remembering it was bitter.
“Relief?” Logan asked.
“Yeah. I would probably be crushed if it had been another woman. But a man… I can think all of this as a big, stupid mistake both I and Bobby made.”
“That’s one way to put it. Do we go and get the paperwork done, or do you want to talk about it with Drake first?” Logan asked.
“I think it would be fair to hear his opinion first.”
“Well, it’s your marriage… Feel like hitting few bars?” Logan asked. She thought about it for a moment, then shook her head.
“No. I think I’d rather go home. Play with Nate. Get myself a room and move my stuff over there before Bobby comes home.”
“Need a hand with that?” Logan asked. She smirked.
“I could always use some help from you…” She whispered, knowing he could hear the words, and more importantly, the teasing tone of her voice through the noise.
“Just remember, kid. I’m not the rebound guy. And I’m not in to revenge. Not in this matter. As much as I would love to rub Drake’s nose in to what we did in that elevator, it wouldn’t be fair. Not to anybody.”

They drove back home in silence. Nate was sleeping in Ororo’s room, so she could start hunting her new home right away. Professor handed her a set of keys and urged her to pick the one she liked. She could see brief flash of shame in his eyes before he turned away from her. Professor Xavier had known all the time. He had known all the time what was going on, and he hadn’t said a word. That made her wonder whether Jean also had noticed and chosen to stay in silence instead of telling her what was going on. It felt like betrayal, but she really couldn’t blame the telepaths for anything. They would have betrayed everything, themselves, the children they were supposed to teach and protect, they would have betrayed even her and Bobby if they had spoken out loud what they could pick up from their thoughts.

She shrugged off the gloomy cloud of sulking that threatened to land on her shoulders, and started looking for her new room. She had asked Logan to help her, but he had shaken his head.
“It’s your life. Your room. Your decision. When you’re ready, come and get me. I’ll help you to move your stuff, okay?”

So here she was, standing in a spacious studio, ideal for a living room. There were two smaller rooms attached to it, both fit for bedrooms. And it had a small but neat bathroom. And it had been cleaned up, probably just few hours ago. She could still smell the scent of disinfectant and wood polish. She shook her head. Was she really this transparent? Professor Xavier had known all along which room she would choose. She snatched the key of the room from the chain Xavier had given her, weighing it on her palm. Small piece of cold metal. How on earth it could feel this heavy? It felt like it was ready to drop to the floor through her hand at any given moment.

What if Bobby wasn’t gay after all? What if Logan had seen something and misinterpret it to something else entirely? What if Logan was lying? What if Bobby hadn’t even been in that bar?
“Better not start that. You’re getting paranoid, bitch…” She muttered, pocketing the key, hurrying towards professor Xavier’s office to return the rest of the set and claim the room before her paranoia got the better out of her.