Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm blaming certain, whiny 5 year old chick for this. You know who you are. I'll sic Logie on you... And wasn't that just lame. You'd probably like that.
She found them from the kitchen. Logan was sitting on a barstool, sipping beer. Nate was trying his earnest to chew off an ear from his favorite stuffed bunny.
“Babynapper…” Marie growled, snatching the baby from him. Logan harrumphed, looking definitely calmer than few minutes ago, but none the less angrier. She went to the fridge, diving in like her life depended on it, trying to juggle with Nate, huge plate of leftover casserole, milk and a bowl of carrots. And was failing miserably. Large hand reached over her shoulder, grabbed Nate from the back of his playsuit and the baby went sailing through the air, giggling wildly and ending back to Logan’s lap. She plunked the plates and bowls she had collected to the counter and whirled around.
“Jesus! What is it with you? Are you turning in to some sort of Mary Poppins with claws and bad attitude?” She huffed. Logan just shrugged his shoulders, still sulking, but she caught a glimmer of smile hiding under growliness. She turned her back to him and the baby and started making herself a meal. Well-balanced, huge meal, from all the important food groups, filled with all the important vitamins and nutrients to replace what she was pushing out through her nipples with increasing speed. Sometimes being walking milk automate really sucked. Like right now. She took the plate and tall glass of milk, eyeing Logan’s beer longingly. Even that was forbidden.

“Makes only sense for me to hold Nate. You need your both hands while you eat. I need only one to drink,” Logan grunted, taking a swig from his beer, raising the bottle so that Nate couldn’t get his pudgy fingers on it.
“Yeah… I guess so…” Marie huffed, shoveling a forkful of cold casserole to her mouth.
“I’m just so used to doing everything with Nate,” she mumbled.
“You shouldn’t be. Now… What’s this shit about Bobby you were talking about earlier?” Logan asked. Nate was plucking the buttons of his shirt. Marie shrugged.
“No shit. Complete truth. I noticed it long before Nate was even born. I thought Bobby was just nervous. All new parents should be nervous, right?”
“Wouldn’t know, but I guess so…” Logan pondered, reflecting light patterns on the far wall of the kitchen from the rising sun with the beer bottle. Nate was staring at them fascinated.
“He’d get out at nights. Clubbing with his friends. And I let him. Wouldn’t have been fair to keep him away from his friends just because I couldn’t party like I used to.” Logan grimaced and shook his head.
“You make it sound like it was somehow your fault that you got pregnant.”
“It feels like Bobby’s blaming me. Like it was my fault that the condom broke. But that’s beside my point…”
“Yeah. So… Bobby’s hitting clubs with his friends while you play the obedient little housewife and soccer mom?” Logan asked. Marie nodded fishing a small piece of paper from her pocket.
“I found this from the floor when I went to get some clothes from our room. I guess Bobby dropped it when he left last night…”

Logan picked up the paper, then just stared at it, one eyebrow raised and let a small whisper through his teeth.
“What? What is it?” Marie asked.
“This bar… Hole In One… Marie? Do you know what kind of place this is?” Logan asked, his gaze never leaving the paper.
“What kind of place… Oh, my God! Logan! I don’t think Bobby’s doing drugs, I’m sure I would have noticed if something like that was going on…”
“It’s a gay bar.”
“A what?”

She was going to be sick. Had to be that cold casserole. You shouldn’t eat too cold food, it’ll upset your stomach she could hear her inner mom preaching, but it was already too late. She hurried to the sink, made it just in time before her stomach expelled everything she had eaten just moment ago. Nice. How was your day, honey? Well, it was just fine. Peachy, in fact. Fucked like crazed bunnies with my best friend, then found out that my husband really doesn’t hate me, he just happens to be little gay. So I should rinse my mouth, go back to table and finish my meal.

She grabbed a glass from the cupboard above the sink, rinsed her mouth and the mess she had made in to the skink and walked back to the table with shaky legs, sitting down and pushing away the casserole. She wasn’t hungry anymore.

“Bobby’s gay.”
“Well, I don’t know if we should jump in to conclusions, but that would explain a lot…” Logan grunted finishing his beer. Nate gurgled from disappointment when he leaned back and pushed the empty bottle under the sink.
“Shit, kid. I think your brat’s trying to turn me in to alcoholic…” He murmured, reaching for the fridge and pulling out a new bottle from his stash, opening it and drinking just enough so that he could make more patterns on the wall for Nate. Marie let out a strangled chuckle.
“You’re too easy. He has to learn to deal with disappointments, sooner or later.” Logan snorted.
“Later. Little guy has time to do that later. But how about you?”
“What about me?”
“What are you going to do?”
“I don’t know. Waiting until Bobby comes home and asking if he’s gay probably won’t work?” She sighed.
“Probably not. But it might. I could go and ask if Jean or Ororo could watch Nate for few hours, to give you some time to think this through,” Logan offered. She shook her head.
“What the hell there’s to think about? He’s either gay or just hates Nate and me. Either way it’s over. I can’t keep pretending that it doesn’t bother me when he turns away when I want to have sex. I can’t keep pretending that it doesn’t matter that only times he touches Nate voluntarily are those when he needs to show people what a good and caring father he is. And I can’t keep pretending that I love him. Not anymore.”

“Whoah, kid… Stop right there! Pretending to love him? Why the hell did you marry him if you don’t love him?” Logan asked. She shrugged her shoulders, watching Nate who was slowly falling asleep on Logan’s arms. Sudden stab of jealousy run through her, guilt close on its heels.
“I don’t know. I guess it was something everybody expected from us. Something we were supposed to do.”
“That’s the shittiest reason for marriage that I have ever heard. You got a breast pump, kid?” Logan asked. She wrinkled her forehead, quite puzzled.
“Go and get few bottles for Nate ready. I’m taking you out. We’re going to find Bobby, ask him what’s going on. If he’s not gay, you’re staying with him and I come home and take care of Nate. Who knows, maybe Ice Prick is just little jittery about the baby and everything…”
“But what if he’s gay after all?”
“Jean and Scott can take care of Nate for a while and you’re coming with me. You look like you could use a drink. Or several of those.”