She closed her eyes and sighed contentedly. Snuggled closer to Logan and breathed in his scent. She was in heaven, there was no other way to describe her feelings, all wrapped up to Logan’s strong arms and legs, sound of his heart drumming in her ear.

“I should go and get Nate. Scott and Jean have worried over him and us enough already…” She whispered.
“It’s early. Let them sleep in.”
“Let them sleep in?”
“Well, let me sleep in with you, then.”
“Okay… That sounds acceptable…”

Staying in bed gave her the perfect opportunity to ogle Logan from extra close proximity. She could still see faint white scars crisscrossing his ribcage. She traced them with her index finger.

“Tickles…” Logan whispered and grasped her hand.
“They didn’t heal…” She wondered. Logan reached for a strand of white hair that grew on her forehead.
“They healed, just not as quickly as usual, that’s why there’s a scar. That bothers you?”
“No. Do you have more scars?”
“No. They’re special. Just like you.”

She snuggled even closer to him and buried her face to the crook of his neck. He was warm.

“Any closer and you crawl in to my skin, darling.”
“I wouldn’t mind…”
“I don’t mind either, come here…”

Logan twisted around so that she was buried partially under him, then started nuzzling her neck. She breathed deeply and held on for her dear life, wrapping her legs around his waist, effectively trapping him on top of her. She could feel his muscles relaxing. His breath was evening out. She yawned.

“Sleep a little longer?” Logan asked, his voice muffled by the curtain of her hair.
“Sleep a lot longer…”

Together they dosed off.

Few hours later she woke up to the blissful feel of warm skin against her own, Logan’s breath tickling her throat. He had fallen asleep still partially on top of her and her hand had fallen numb, but it really didn’t matter. If she had her way, they wouldn’t get up from this bed ever. Her cell phone sat at the bedside table. All she’d have to do was to pick it up, call to Scott and Jean and ask them to bring Nate home. She could use the same method of getting food and other necessities.

When Logan moved slightly and murmured sleepily in his dreams she actually contemplated to move in to bed with him. Then reluctantly discarded the idea. That wouldn’t be fair towards Nate who had already learned to walk, and loved nothing more than to wobble around under the watchful eyes of his mother and a horde of surrogate aunts and uncles.

“Logan, wake up,” she whispered, regretting the words already.
“Do I have to?”
“We have to. I was thinking… Maybe we could go outside and play with our son?”
“Do we have to?”
“Logan!”
“Okay… But later I will teach him how to fix cars. And I will teach him how to drink beer. And I will teach him how to woo ladies.”
“Woo ladies? It’s Nate’s first birthday coming up, not hundredth!”
“Fine. I’ll tell him how he’ll get bitches, then.”
“Logan!”
Chapter End Notes:
Long story short. Having this all open and unfinished is holding me back with my other projects. This is finished for now. I probably will return to this later.