The ceremony itself was brief and quite official. The reception after it was everything but brief or official. Even Bobby made an appearance, congratulating the newlyweds, squirming under Logan’s heated gaze but giving Marie a warm hug.
“Hush. We got over it already. Don’t you think it would be time to let go?” She whispered when involuntary growl rumbled from deep within Logan after retreating Bobby. After six months they were finally able to treat each other as friends, but it looked like Logan wouldn’t be able to forgive Bobby anytime soon.
“Probably. At least for today…” Logan grunted, wide smile spreading on his face from the sight of Nate. Toddler wobbled towards them, supported by Scott.
“Come here, kiddo. Let’s go and see if we can snag some canapés from auntie ‘Ro…” Logan huffed smirking, grabbed Nate and hoisted him up on his shoulders. Nate shrieked from the surprise and curled his fists to Logan’s hair, wide and toothless smile showing his pink gums and dribbling generous amount of drool.

She watched as Logan waltzed off with Nate, goofing with the baby. She couldn’t stop the sigh that escaped.
“Not you too…” Scott moaned. She turned to look at him and Scott smiled.
“Well, I guess you’re entitled, he’s your hubby and all, but… Haven’t you seen all the other women in here? They’re just about melting to a puddle right about now.” She looked around. Scott’s assessment of the situation was quite correct. Even Jean stared at Logan and Nate somewhat googly-eyed.

She really couldn’t blame them.

“We, me and Jean, got Nate covered. You two can skip this party whenever you feel like it,” Scott said. She couldn’t take her eyes off from Logan who was currently trying to prevent Nate from chewing off his earlobe.
“How the hell did I get so lucky all of a sudden?” She asked. Scott shrugged.
“I guess lady luck smiles everybody every now and then…” He mused. Marie followed the direction of his gaze and spotted Jean who was chatting with Professor Xavier. There was something different about Jean’s posture. Her whole appearance looked somehow different.
“Scott?”
“We weren’t going to tell anybody before this whole wedding business was over. Didn’t want to steal the attention. But yeah. We’re going to have a baby,” Scott whispered, blushing slightly, enormous smile nearly splitting his face half.
“Oh… Oh-my-god! That’s great!”

She grasped Scott and hugged him, trying desperately not to make a scene, but it was hard not to scream and shout her happiness from the rooftops. She knew how long Scott and Jean had tried. She knew why they had been so thrilled from the prospect of taking care of Nate.

“What’s this? Do I have to warn you off from my girl, Summers?” Logan was back. She let go of Scott, straightening her dress and patting down her hair, trying to rein her feelings.
“It’s… Scott just told me something and…” She stuttered. Logan handed Nate to her and nodded, turning to Scott.
“I know. Congrats, Summers. Truth to be told I was beginning to wonder if I had to give you some tips, but looks like you cracked the puzzle all by yourself.”
“You… You knew?” Scott asked puzzled. Logan tapped his nose.
“I have known for two weeks already. I was just waiting for you guys to announce it. Could smell it on Jean when she did our bloodwork.”

“But now, if you excuse me…” Logan said, grabbing Nate and handing him to Scott before sweeping Marie with him on to the dance floor.
“I need my wife. And I need her to take the lead because I have absofuckinglutely no clue of how to dance…”
Logan’s whisper sent chills racing down her spine, and when he pulled her flush against him, his strong hands roaming over her back and buttocks, she nearly moaned out loud.
“If you keep that up I’ll have to teach you how to dance some other time…” She whispered shakily, leaning slightly further from him. Logan twirled them around, pulling her against him.
“I’m not really after dancing lessons. This is just a good excuse to grope you in front of everybody,” he whispered, giving her earlobe a quick lick.
“You’re evil…”
“Oh, you have no idea, darling… How about if we skip this party and have a ceremony of our own at the garden?”
“At the garden? Logan… Uh…”
“Come on, you’ll like it, I promise…”

She followed Logan outside. The garden was dark and empty, ballroom behind her filled with lights and celebrating people. She really wasn’t on board with Logan’s plan. Surely he wasn’t expecting her to drop her gown out here where anybody could stumble upon them?

“Where are we going?” She asked when Logan took her hand and started leading her through the darkness.
“You’ll see soon enough,” came his reply.
“Couldn’t we have just gone to my… Our room?” She asked.
“Nuh-huh… I have something else in my mind.”

She hated it when he turned all cryptic on her, but she had to admit that up until now only good things had come out when Logan wanted to surprise her.

Gravel crunched softly under the soles of her shoes. Logan seemed to be in no hurry, and his pace dropped when they reached the edge of the forest.
“I was thinking… The suite would have been just fine for few years more, but it would have gotten small for the three of us quickly. Spoke with Xavier, and he had an idea…” He said, pushing through the thicket, leaning lower and scooping her up in his arms.
“Plus I wanted to have a doorstep of my own so that I could carry you over it,” he finished and stopped in front of a cabin.
“Logan…”
“I had some extra stashed away. Xavier gave us the land. Hardest part was to keep this a secret from you. Like it?” Logan asked.

Like it? She loved it even when she hadn’t seen more than the front porch. Two story cabin built out of pale yellow logs, surrounded by thick firs and spruces. A swing on the porch.
“Is this… Ours?” She asked, her lips quivering.
“All ours, darling. If you’ll have it.”

She clutched Logan for her dear life as he cleared the stairs with swift strides and kicked the door open, stepping in.
“Welcome home, Marie.”