Author's Chapter Notes:
What happens when Marie gets the task of sorting the washing out for a punishment detail.
//Denotes memories and feelings//
It sucked.

It sucked BIG TIME.

Here she was under the damn mansion while everyone else was out enjoying a Friday night. Shit she hadn't even started the damn game in the first place but she'd been the one who'd been slower than everyone else. The broken liquor cabinet door, the ice dripping off the ceiling and her stood in the middle of the hallway a bottle in her hand.

She was going to *kill* Jubes! Just as soon as she finished sorting the damn mountain of washing that was in the room with her.
Bobby hadn't gotten off lightly though, he was currently changing the oil and waxing *every* vehicle in the garage. An Scott had meant *every* vehicle, including the groundskeeping trucks. He wanted them spotless, shining so he could see his face in them. Her punishment was a week long, Bobbys was as long as it took him to finish.

So here she was arm deep in clothes, sorting through the piles. Dumping them into whites, yellows, reds and pinks, blues, greens, browns and blacks. Underwear on a different pile all together, towels and sheets together as well. It didn't take long to get the machines going, not really, plus the time it took for the machines to do a cycle she really had some time to sit and think.

Down here it was quiet, no one really came down here, only the staff and they'd been releived of the duty for now. So she was on her own with a flask of fruit tea and a few cookies.
She'd gotten through the piles of white and come across a wife beater at the very bottom. A little grey from use, the fabric bobbled and her mind flicked a memory up into her view. Her holding a pack of five in her hand and giving over a folded twenty, the clothing quickly bought and the five change being forced into a pocket.

Holding it in her hands she did something that would've squicked her a few weeks ago, she actually brought it to her nose and breathed in.

//Power, anger, rage, fighting for his property. Rich scent of blood filling her nose, fear, realisation, horror then a driving fury that filled her blood, he wouldn't have *HER* not while he was breathing.//

Mind whirling Marie pulled the cotton away from her nose, the memories that had been replaying through her mind hadn't been hers they'd been Logan's! Looking at the piece of clothing in her hand she dropped it into the pile as it had burned her. The feelings she'd revealed from his scent fading with it's distance.

When Logan had left seven weeks ago she'd been upset but okay about it really she knew he wasn't the type to hang around when he had something to do. Hell she'd *been* him for two days, until she'd been able to sort out her own moods from his own. Two days while being extremely freaky for her when she woke up and had to remember to sit down to pee had given her some insight into the man that had saved her life. Hell when Jean had asked her about what she had left of Logan in her head she'd lied about it.

She'd known why he'd been so willing to risk his life up there on the statue, he'd promised her and he kept his promises. Her hand went to the dogtag on her neck, she'd taken to wearing it when Logan had given it to her, everyone else had a necklace. Now she did too, but she kept the tag hidden, her room mates had asked her what it was. She'd just told them it was her fathers tag from his old regiment, no one had seen it pass from Logan's hands to hers. No one had seen the look he'd given her and her bare fingers went to the tag now as she stood in the laundry the wifebeater resting on top of the latest pile to go into the machine. Without thinking she snagged it and stuffed it inside her own coat pocket. Not knowing why but she needed to have this of him.

Getting on with the rest of the washing she let the thoughts of Logan slip from her mind.

**********************************************

The whites and yellows were done and being ironed by the rest of the staff, her job was to wash and dry, not to iron.

So here she was again, sorting through the piles, Saturday, although it was raining and she was safely warm and dry while everyone else got a run through the woods. Mr Summers had figured out that the booze run hadn't just been Bobby and her and the rest were suffering now after a night out on the town.

Sniggering to herself as she imagined Jubes cursing 'Fearless Leader' as she nick-named him as he put her round the forest track. She might be here longer but damn at least she was warm!
The next pile loomed at her, reds and pinks, sorting through them was easy, doing piles of twenty and ducking as new clothes came down the chute. Pulling them into the machines not caring about the clothes until she heard something tear.
"Shit!" There was something caught on the hook of the lock, hoping it wasn't one of Doctor Grey's skirts Marie pulled on the fabric and took out the ruined shirt, it looked like one of Mr Summer's that is until she brought it closer to inspect the tear.

//Heat, need, want, a burning in her stomach that wouldn't leave, a pulse in her throat that seemed to take all the blood from her head and push it south.//

She came to her self as she was holding the cloth close to her face, her body aching for something, for release, for freedom to do what she wanted. Seeing the cloth and recognising it as the shirt *Logan* had worn on the train! The wife beater was under her clothes in her drawers, his scent mixing with her own. It comforted her somehow knowing he was still there with her on one level. Yet this, this was something else entirely.

Backing against one of the machines she let the feelings overtake her, holding the fabric to her nose she breathed it in, breathed *him* in. The chemical clues that were hidden to the normal nose opened to her upgraded senses. This close she could read the emotions that were locked into the fabric, as the machine behind her stilled finishing the first part of it's cycle. Letting her mind take her where it wanted to, losing herself in the part of her mind that wasn't hers anymore.

//Need, hunger, to taste, touch, embrace, the feel of cloth under fingers, harsh wool tickling his senses, despair floating into his nose from her as her tears fell. The subtle change of hearbeat, the rise of temperature under his finger ends, hearing her breath stutter, knowing why she was faltering and wishing he could let her touch him in the ways he needed her to. Seeing the image of her resting on his shoulder, the carriage empty but for them, his hand on back of her covered head. Seeing her lips fill with blood as her brown eyes widened, knowing what he needed from her, gloved hands on his belt buckle and zipper. Opening him to the air and letting her long hair run across his swelling length.

Letting his hand fall to her shoulder caressing her softly but firmly as she shifted in her seat to take him in her bare mouth. Watching her face as she took her first taste of him, the softness of her breath and the heat of her making him buck upward. "Marie...."//

Her hand was down her jeans, covered in his shirt and she was leaning against the machine just as it was finishing a spin cycle. Her heart was almost beating out of her chest but she needed to finish this dammit! She was so close! Tearing herself off to another one she let the images flow over her again, letting the scent of Logan's own excitement at her closeness fill her.

//He was holding her thighs now, getting her to straddle him on the seat. Nuzzling her chest through the cloth of her shirt, nipping and biting her as he moved his hand against her covered sex. Loving her blush as it covered her skin knowing he was the first to touch her like this, to take her innocence away.//

As his fingers worked her she flew apart in the real world, her cry being lost in the noise of the machines around her. Taking the time to breathe again, Marie shifted her thoughts away from the piece of Logan she had in her head. Looking at the image that had been partly hers and partly Logan's own, her need driven by the memories of the man that had left part of himself in her head. Part of him *in* her, something that was more personal than sex, he'd lodged himself in her and he'd done it *intentionally*. This needed some more thought, taking the ruined shirt in one hand she redressed herself and put it to one side. She'd wash that after it had been repaired, her mind filled with possibility she got on with her work.

*****************************************************

The next day was the dark colours, the rest had been washed ironed and sent back up. Now she had trousers, jeans, suits, sweat pants all sorts of stuff. Doling out the powder and bleach into the machines her mind was on the algebra test that was coming up. Her books resting on the small table to the side of the banks of washers and dryers. Ms Munroe could be a hard task master, worse than her old teacher Mr Edwards, at least he'd given you the option of getting it wrong. Ms Munroe expected you to ace everything you did, and she definately wasn't on the ball this week. Could have been the arguement she'd had with Jube's about her changing clothes every half hour or the noise coming from their neighbour next door. But she was sure it didn't have anything to do with the fact she'd been trawling through the remnants of Logan in her head.
Little did she know that by the end of the week she'd be finding out a few things personally.

*********************************************

It had been a waste of time, what had he expected really? A huge 'Welcome Home Wolverine' and a slap on the back? The place was fucking deserted, ruins were putting it nicely, whatever had been through here had smashed the damn place to bits. There was nothing left to look 'at', just rubble, a coldness entered his frame then, here it was winter but his mind went to a place where the autumn was just getting into full swing. Of a warm bed, a red head to flirt with and a pair of brown eyes to look into and see something of himself worth holding onto. Taking a last long look Logan left Alkali Lake behind him, there was nothing here for him. The past was still a mystery but he'd left a future hanging on in Westchester.

*************************************************

She found the jeans by accident, she'd just finished one wash when she'd seen the fluff covering every single pair of trousers in the wash. It was everywhere! Cursing she'd thrown them back in and redone the wash after checking the pockets. Taking out the remains of the tissue she'd sworn a blue streak that would've made Logan blush. She had a make up test to study for, she'd flunked the algebra and now she had to do extra work as well as do the washing down here. So she'd set to the clothes searching pockets and pulling everything out of them.

It had been when she'd taken the small wadded note out of the change pocket. A Canadian fifty, folded real small and tucked into the crease, a smile on her lips as she remembered that this little trick had saved Logan's bacon more than once. They could rob him blind of the money in his hand but he still had enough to get some food and gas to get to the next town over. The jeans were the ripped ones he'd come to the mansion in, his blood still stained them in places. Taking them up she shook the faded denim out, putting them against her own hips, they'd fit her if she repaired the cuts and took about eight inches off the bottom. Deciding to try them before bothering to repair them, she slid the smooth denim over her skin, her movement sending her mind rushing into another memory of his. As if the very action reawoke his persona in her head.

//Waking up the day after he'd stabbed her in the chest, his mind fighting the image of her stood there, claws buried in her chest, his knuckles feeling her skin beneath the surface of her nightdress. The momentary flash of hunger as she'd reacted to him, to his gaze.//

Letting the memory of his morning fill her as she was avoiding him he was trying to cope with the feelings she'd awoken in him. That she'd cared enough to leave her bed and see what was wrong with him, even though he'd hurt her she hadn't been afraid of him, not once, even when she'd reached out to his skin.

//His body under the shower, hands on himself and seeing the image of her in his bed, her coming to him and him being awake this time. Taking her in hand and pulling her over his body, wrapping her up in his embrace before sliding her over his groin. Letting her feel him under her, slicing the sheets through so he could reach her, seeing her raise that nightdress to reveal her sex to him, clothed in white cotton. The growl rising in his chest as he caught her scent through it, needing her to feel him, to wrap herself around him. Watching as he slit her underwear for her, the blades holding no fear for her.

Shifting her onto him, his body arcing to fill her entirely. Seeing her face scrunch up as he moved deep into her virgin body, shushing her and stroking her clit through the thin cotton. Soon moving her over his hips, seeing her face flush with heat, her eyes darken further as he brought her close to the edge. Moving within her, letting her *feel* his every movement, hands gripping her hips using her nightdress to keep him safe from her skin. Her own hands on her breasts, nipping her proud nubs and rubbing them as she moved silently above him, her breath coming in hitches as she ground down on him. Suddenly taking over, being the harlot, the innocent maid lost to the whore and he got so hard he ached from his balls. When he came he gripped her so hard he knew he'd bruise her and she'd have to be careful not to show them on her skin.//

His fingerprints would be on her for a week at least and as he emptied himself under the shower against the tile Marie felt a wet rush at her core. Opening her eyes again she had the jeans close against her skin, the denim suddenly warm as if Logan had just stepped out of them her body heat warming and reactivating the scents in the fabric.

Logan, all of him, in was in the very fabric of them. Dropping them to the floor again, quickly stepping out of her underwear she pulled the bare fabric back upto her skin. Her hands ran over the fabric knowing that these were the pair she'd seen him filling at the bar, these were the blooded pair he'd fought in. Another flush filled her body as she let her fingers trail up her inner thighs. Her voice whispering his name to the room as she leaned against a dryer and brought herself to another deeper climax. This time the thoughts were all her own.

**************************************

She kept the jeans on under her skirt, folded up the ends and she was running up the back stairs hoping to get to her room before someone saw her. She needed to get these somewhere safe, locked up, hidden, taken out and worn when she needed them. When she needed *him*. Her punishment was nearly over and her mind wasn't on her surrounding's if it had been she'd have seen Logan watch her. See her hitch her skirt up, catch the denim on her legs and the low growl that followed her up the stairs.

Marie made it to her room, everyone else was out, it was Wednesday, that meant it was games night in the Rec room. Board games and junk food, the entire house got involved and as such she had some clear time to get her little prize hidden before anyone knew. Smiling to herself she dropped her skirt and let her hands run over the worn denim on her skin. It was like silk, worn by soft by Logan's own movements and she let his mind fill hers for a while. Not realising he'd followed her upstairs.

He'd dropped his duffel on the way to her room, she was all kinds of interesting to his nose, her face had been flushed and her skin had scented of release. Sexual release and yet she hadn't had anyone else's scent mixed with hers apart from his for some reason. It had been when he'd seen the jeans that he'd put two and two together and his own jeans had been uncomfortable from then on.
She'd come in his jean's, she'd brought herself over while wearing them and that was as close as he'd dare think about what *that* meant. Following her to her room he'd stood against the wall trying to stop his heart from beating out of his chest. Damn she smelled so *good*, so *ripe*, he choked back a growl and let his senses filter out the rest of the occupants and concentrated on the scent that was all *Marie*.

She danced round in the fabirc that clung to her hips, each swish and pull on he rskin was a touch from his hands. Her nipples were painfully tight and she reached for the shirt she'd repaired and hidden, tearing off her own clothes she threw on the red shirt. Soft cotton rubbing her back as she faced the window not knowing that someone was watching her through the crack in the door.

Jesus H Christ! She was wearing his shirt! Where the hell had she gotten that from? He'd thought it had been shredded, but no when he'd changed into the leather armour he'd left it behind him. She'd found it, found it and was currently dragging it over her skin, eyes closed and murmuring *his* name. He was so hard he hurt, all the dreams he'd put on hold were opening inside him, as he watched her move. Pulling the door open soundlessly he slid inside and shut it again, firing the lock home he let his eyes drag over her form. Each breath telling him she knew exactly what she was doing.

Oh God she *needed* him! Why wasn't he here, why did he have to leave her here! She knew why but it didn't ease the ache between her thighs though and her fingers delved beneath the worn denim again. If he couldn't be here she'd have the next best thing she could have. Letting the peice of him out of her mind she let herself fall into his embrace.

Seeing her let go, listening to the zipper go down snapped his control, he had to touch her. Coming up behind her he gripped her ass in one hand while biting her through the shirt, his other hand rubbing her hard. Her hands suddenly gripping him, trying to gain purchase on his slick leather. Growling into her skin and seeing her eyes open wide, knowing he was *here*, her lips forming his name and he was lost from that moment.

Turning around to face him, dressed in his clothes, smelling of him, filled with a hunger that he knew everything about. Pushing gloved fingers into the worn denim, while the others held her gaze still. Seeing her face flush as he brought her over, seeing, sensing everything she went through as her hands gripped him tight. Her body quivering against his own, eyes as black as the night outside.

Small hands working on his buckle, freeing him to the air, keeping her skin away from his jutting length but rubbing him with the denim that was soaked with her essence now. Snarling he lifted her up, forcing her breasts into his face, licking, biting, suckling through the fabric. A slice through the denim and she was being brought down, knowing what was coming, she relaxed herself. But it was still a pleasant surprise when she slid over him, his gutteral grunt so different from the memories of the quick fucks he'd had over the years. He held her still as he burned his gaze into hers, lips so close to her own she could feel the energy of him. Watched as the word 'MINE' echoed around her as he moved her hips on him. Backing her to the door, pressing her against it, her back supported she let her legs grip him tight. One hand on her ass the other's claws fired into the door for leverage, this wasn't safe, it wasn't sex, this was *ownership*. She'd worn his tag, worn his clothes, wrapped herself in his scent, she couldn't have been more plain to him. She was *HIS*.

Shifting his hips down and grinding against her clit he felt her insides shudder as another orgasm ripped through her. Milking and squeezing him tight as his balls brushed against the denim of his old jeans. The force of him was making the door shake in the frame, nothing in her memories of him was like this. He'd been tender, loving, caring, yet Marie knew he was holding back from her, giving her what he felt safe giving her. There'd be more she knew this wasn't a one time thing she'd seen into him and this was no way a quick fuck to release tension. He kept her face close to his own as he pushed into her, driving harder and harder into her. Making her see *him* all of him, she'd made her choice now she had to keep it.

Shifting her hips she felt his growl build, doing it again as he began to lose rhythm, her own voice now found, whispering encouragement to him, to finish, to brand her with his scent where no one else had.
Finally he pulled her tight to him, teeth bared, throat straining, eyes burning into her own and it was her turn to bite his flesh as the heat spilled into her body. Locking her teeth onto the smooth flesh of his shoulder, taking in his thoughts as he came inside her. Marking her as his and feeling the satisfaction that was running through him, that if they didn't like it he'd leave and take her with him.

Lifting her head away from his flesh and seeing the wound close over Marie had to thank whatever gods had made Jubes think a whiskey party had been a good idea.

He didn't even shift her from his groin, he just unlocked the door and took her to his room. Where she'd be found from now on, he'd given up looking for a past he couldn't find. He had something much better than that, he had Marie. And if the situation had earned her a few more days in the laundry she hadn't complained. Logan soon found they weren't interrupted by anyone down there and there was always a spin cycle every twenty minutes.