Author's Chapter Notes:
The second I heard the song "Next Contestant" by Nickelback I knew it would be perfect as a Logan/Rogue fic. I kept it pretty short, since it is just the lyrics transformed into a story. Believe me, it's no great piece of writing, so if anyone wants to make a full story out of it go ahead.

~ words ~ means song lyrics.
Logan grabbed the car keys off the nightstand, shoving them into his jacket pocket.

"Are you done yet?" he called behind him. "You're gonna be late for work."

"Ya, I'm ready." Marie came out of the bathroom and leaned against the door frame. Her pink halter top showed off plenty of cleavage, while her low-rise jeans left several inches of stomach bare.

"Is that what you're wearing?"

"Of course." She crossed the room to where Logan was standing. She wrapped her arms around his neck and asked, "Don't you like it?"

Logan glanced down at her breasts pressed up against him. "It's a lot of skin."

Marie smirked then leaned to whisper into his ear. "I spent three years covered up. Now that I can control my skin, I'm going to show it off."

She dropped her arms and walked towards the front door. "We should get going. My boss will bitch at me if I'm late again."

Logan sighed audibly, then followed her out the door.

~ I judge by what she's wearing,
Just how many heads I'm tearing,
Off of assholes coming on to her,
(Each night seems like it's getting worse) ~

Logan sat at the bar, waiting to be called for his turn in the cage. He sipped from his beer, watching Marie walk from table to table, tray held high above her head, bringing people drinks. Some middle-aged trucker tips her a twenty, then stares at her ass as she walks to the next table.

"Same shit, different day," he thinks to himself, seeing half a dozen others turn to watch her pass by. He stands, about to walk over to her when the announcer comes on over the speakers. "And now, for one of our most experienced fighters. I'm sure you've all seen him in the cage before, so here he is... The Wolverine."

Marie turns to Logan and gives him an encouraging smile. He takes off his jacket and hands it to the bartender, then enters the cage as he has many times before.

~ And I wish she'd take the night off,
So I don't have to fight off,
Every asshole coming on to her,
(It happens every night she works,) ~

The first round is finished in minutes. The Wolverine knocks out his opponent with a strong right hook. As the other man is dragged out of the cage, Logan looks over and sees Marie knock back a shot a young customer bought for her. She giggles and thanks the man, then fills her tray and starts serving a table ringside of the cage.

~ They think they'll get inside her,
With every drink they buy her,
As they all try coming on to her,
(This time somebody's getting hurt) ~

The next round goes almost as quickly as the first. Normally the Wolverine likes to drag fights out, letting them think they might have a chance before finishing them, but tonight he's too distracted. As the announcer searches the crowd for someone dumb enough to take Logan on, he sees Marie at the bar filling a new drink order. The young guy who bought her a shot walks up behind her and puts his hand on her hip, whispering something into her ear.

~ Here comes the next contestant. ~

In a flash Logan has the man pushed up against a wall, claws extended just enough to threaten him with, but still out of sight from the crowd.

"Is that your hand on my girlfriend?" Logan asks in a low growl, his face inches away from the kid's.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know she was yours." His eyes darted from Logan to Marie, then back. "I didn't realize..." Logan punched the kid before he could finish the sentence, then let him drop to the floor.

"That wasn't very nice," Marie smirked at Logan. "He did buy me a drink first." She winked, then Logan stalked back to the cage where the new opponent stood waiting.

~ I wish you'd do it again,
(I'll watch you leave here limping),
I wish you'd do it again,
(I'll watch you leave here limping) ~

The next fight begins. This time the guy actually knows what he's doing, getting a few shots in on Wolverine. Shortly after it starts a group of five truckers enter the bar, sitting at an empty ringside table. They're opposite of Logan, giving him a good view when Marie comes over to take their order.

~ Each time she bats an eyelash,
Somebody's grabbing her ass,
Everyone keeps coming on to her,
(This time somebody's getting hurt) ~

Between punches, he sees all five of them check her out, hitting on her as she writes down their drink orders. She entertains them, looking up at Logan as she bends to pick up an empty glass from the table, giving the men a better look at her chest. It's when she turns to walk to the bar that one of them slaps her ass.

~ Here comes the next contestant. ~

Logan throws his opponent a knockout punch then darts out of the cage and starts pounding on the guy. His buddies quickly join in, but Logan manages to take three out without using his claws. The other two take off through the crowd, running to the door. Logan starts after then but feels a hand pull him back.

"It's alright, sugar. They won't be bothering me again."

Logan pulls Marie towards him and crushes his mouth down on hers. He pushes her backwards until they've made it to the bar, then grabs her arm and pulls her out the side entrance.

~ I'm hating what she's wearing,
Everybody here keeps staring,
Can't wait 'till they get what they deserve,
(This time somebody's getting hurt) ~

In the alley he slams the door behind him and starts yanking her clothes off. With her jeans down he unbuttons his fly and lifts her up, fucking her against the wall. The noise from the bar drowns out their screams as they come together, then slide down the wall in a sweaty mess.

"This game your playing is getting old," Logan says, doing up his pants then leaning against the wall.

"I know. I don't think my boss is gonna keep letting me work here if I run out every shift to have sex with my boyfriend in the alley." She smiles at him then climbs to her feet. "Come on, baby. You have another round to go in the cage."

~ There goes the next contestant. ~

The End


Next Contestant by Nickelback
Album: All The Right Reasons

I judge by what she's wearing,
Just how many heads I'm tearing,
Off of assholes coming on to her,
(Each night seems like it's getting worse),
And I wish she'd take the night off,
So I don't have to fight off,
Every asshole coming on to her,
(It happens every night she works,)
They'll go and ask the DJ,
Find out just what would she say,
If they all tried coming on to her,
(Don't they know it's never going to work),
They think they'll get inside her,
With every drink they buy her,
As they all try coming on to her,
(This time somebody's getting hurt).

Here comes the next contestant.

[CHORUS]
Is that your hand on my girlfriend?
Is that your hand?
I wish you'd do it again,
(I'll watch you leave here limping),
I wish you'd do it again,
(I'll watch you leave here limping),
There goes the next contestant.

I even fear the ladies,
They're cool but twice as crazy,
Just as bad for coming on to her,
(Don't they know it's never going to work),
Each time she bats an eyelash,
Somebody's grabbing her ass,
Everyone keeps coming on to her,
(This time somebody's getting hurt).

Here comes the next contestant.

[CHORUS]
Is that your hand on my girlfriend?
Is that your hand?
I wish you'd do it again,
(I'll watch you leave here limping),
I wish you'd do it again,
(I'll watch you leave here limping),
There goes the next contestant.

I'm hating what she's wearing,
Everybody here keeps staring,
Can't wait 'til they get what they deserve,
(This time somebody's getting hurt).

Here comes the next contestant.

[CHORUS]
Is that your hand on my girlfriend?
Is that your hand?
I wish you'd do it again,
(I'll watch you leave here limping),
I wish you'd do it again,
(I'll watch you leave here limping),
I wish you'd do it again,
(Each night seems like it's getting worse),
I wish you'd do it again
(This time somebody's getting hurt)
There goes the next contestant