Author's Chapter Notes:
The end comes for Xaiver....Logan gets his revenge and Marie gets to show her children the heritage they have.
() Internal thoughts
'Who are you to judge me?
Where did you acquire the wisdom to make such judgements,
Based on your own small world.
Did you think I would forget you?
Forgive you,
I think not.
I think *NOT*.....'

**********************************************************

James was in position, Sarah was already with the rest of the fighters, Marie was by his side. The huge fundraiser was for the poor, the downtrodden of the world, money here would go around the world to the pockets of the rich.

Logan had shaved, had his hair cut, Marie was resplendant in a dress that put every other woman to shame here. Her youth and beauty shone out of her skin, her hair was dyed a deep black, her skin tanned a deep chestnut like his own. They both looked like the rest of the crowd around them, the bored idle rich, the glittering sapphires around Maries cleavage gave her enough 'bling' to own the room. Even now she was getting avarice laden looks at her neck and chest, the jewels that dripped from her wrist were enough to buy their island fifteen times over. An after here they would be traded for land, land that others would use to live on.

They mingled through the reception until their circle brought them closer to the target of their mission here. The death of Charles Francis Xavier.

*****************************************************

Sarah had contact with the rest of the party, she could sense the bored minds hoping for some kind of entertainment instead of the same conversations over and over again. The guests would be in for a surprise soon enough, keeping her tabs on Xavier scanning his thought processes. Seeing him already working taking secrets out of heads as he pressed flesh, each one he took hold of he drained a little more information from. His concentration wasn't as good as she'd expected it to be but what did you expect from a man who was pushing the wrong side of seventy?

Her eyes watched her brother move the forces around the outside of the ballroom. The grounds security had easily been disabled, you never could trust slave labour, they made mistakes. The five sentinels that had been put on guard had been destroyed, fifteen weeks of planning had led here.
The place where it all had come from, Xaiver's Mansion, no longer a school, only a place of hypocrisy. Sarah looked at the upper windows, she could see the room her mother had used when she'd been here, she could even see her fathers claws marks outside her window. And she wondered if her mother knew that he'd checked on her that way? If not it'd be fun telling her and watching his reaction, she'd never feared her father.

Not even when she'd seen him fight, the training he underwent showed her the extent of his savagery, the beast he had hidden within him. James had been a little taken aback by his fathers ability to change so suddenly but she hadn't. She'd been wrestling with the same thing all her life, her mother suspected her temper was from her father but to couple it with a gift like hers was not a good mix. So she concentrated on helping instead of getting angry and annoyed at things she couldn't change.

Like now, she was preparing to help her mother, when the end came it would be something that could go in a moment or be an absolute bloodbath. She hoped it would go smoothly but underneath she wanted Xavier to pay for his treatment of all those around him. She wanted him to *suffer*, pulling her mental guards up she kept her focus on the ballroom. Her mind feeling the greedy tendrils of Xaviers own consciousness as it slid over her own glass surface mind. He didn't even know she was there, and at that moment the smile that lit her features left in no doubt who her father had been.

******************************************************

Scott with greying temples and a wicked smile approached them both and Logan had to keep his cool as he reached out to Logan. The voice was still smooth and the body toned but he was getting old, the young virile thirty-six year old was now a fifty-six year old with many injuries. Logan had done his research well and smiled a huge grin, the fake gold teeth he had glinting in the ruby visor Scott wore.

Logan could smell the linament rub he used to keep his joints supple, wintergreen mixed with aloe by the smell of it. Bobby Drake was coming up now, his gaze resting square on Marie's chest, she smiled as he approached her. Lifting her hand to the younger man and letting his lips brush over her skin, draining him of his surface thoughts. Almost recoiling from him when the image of him behind her as he fucked her from the rear entered her head. Fixing her smile she looked at the boy who'd changed so much into the piece of garbage that was wasting good skin.

Scott spoke first, "It's nice to have your backing on this one, your holdings have been quite generous to our charity I see. May I ask why you've decided to come out of the woodwork now?" Logan had done some trading on the stock markets of the world, amassed enough for his family to be comfortable for a very very long time. He'd just hung it out there like a huge piece of bait and waited for Xavier to bite on it. He let Marie answer for him, deferring to her soft muted voice, a mingle of scottish highland and english.
"Why we thought it was the right time to invest, the world is changing and I believe the government back home can't always keep it's head in the sand forever. Changes will come and when they do we want to be on the right end of them." She could see Scott agreeing with her, the way his head dipped in the right angle. Just enough so he could look down her cleavage.

Bobby tried to distract Logan by asking him a direct question, "What do you think about the UN resolution against the Greater United States?" Logan turned to look at the man who'd once held Marie in his arms as a young man and couldn't even tell she was right there in front of him. Marie rescued him from gutting the bastard there and then by grabbing his arm and fluttering her eyelashes at Bobby.
"We're really interested in meeting the man holding this fantastic fundraiser, we've heard he's done so much for the mutant cause here. Setting up homes (where no decent human family would ever live), decent work placements (doing piecemeal work that killed as many as it used)."

Bobby reached out an arm and she managed to take it without cringing, as they wove their way through she could feel her shields tightening around her mind. Her inner Logan guarding her mind, claws drawn, waiting for the battle that would be soon waged in her mind. She flicked her eyes at her husband and he winked at her, he had faith in her and that bolstered her confidence. She could see the chair where Xaiver was sat, his few admirers thinning as he dismissed them when he saw the new couple approaching.

**************************************************
Outside Sarah found Xaiver looking at her mother, wondering what information he could get from her about their dealings and how to make them pay for future projects. When he was locked onto her Sarah struck, her shields dropped and she signalled for the other attack to go ahead. Her mind ripped into the soft underbelly of Xavier's mind dumping everything she'd ever witnessed into his scrambling unconscious. Inside his head he was screaming as all the abuse, all the nightmares rolled around in a tempestious ball. Here there was no escape from what he'd done, what he'd put others through in his need for *control* and *survival*. Gritting her teeth Sarah let her own anger loose in his ordered mind, shredding information, tearing him apart as he struggled under the mental weight of the load she'd pumped directly into his brain.

The crash of the windows going through had been loud enough to make everyone look away now it was her mothers turn.

********************************************************

Marie noticed the glazed look go through Xavier's face just as the windows went through, in an effort to sheild him. Yet when her skin touched his she whispered into his ear, "Remember me?" Her touch was deadly, she drained every last part of him, her body keeping him sheilded from the fighting and screaming people. No one would ever think of her being a weapon, the only mutant that had had that power had died nearly twenty one years ago.

Marie saw Scott firing into the crowds of running attackers and she hoped Logan would stop him soon. Turning to the right to see where Bobby was all she saw was a headless corpse, blood still pumping out of the neck and Logan creeping up behind Scott. As she drained the last of Xaiver, sharing what was left of him with Sarah who still had her link to his mind. Feeling her daughter withdraw when there was nothing left to remove, she'd done her job perfectly. By shredding his control she'd left him vulnerable to attack, his control lost he was at the mercy of those with him. An old man now who'd been suffering from the effects of dementia, she didn't feel sorry for him. He was better off dead, turning her gaze to Scott she froze him still using the remains of Xaiver's powers.

Scott's hand was next to his glasses when he spoke with a worried voice, "Charles what are you doing? I need to fight, your holding me, Bobby get him to safety!" The rest of the fighters had tasered everyone that was left, Logan pulled himself flush to the man from behind. His voice whispering in his ear, grinding the words out, making him understand just exactly who he'd allowed in here. "I told ya before, ya'd never feel it comin'." Logan let the words sink into the man before he thrust his claws into his neck and back. Inside his mind he was doing this for Jubilee, the kid who he'd abandoned so easily on a battlefield she hadn't been ready for. For the ways he'd lived high on the fat of the land while others had starved to death no more than five miles away from his front door.

Tearing his hands apart the man that had been Scott Summers flew apart into three pieces. He was glad his son hadn't seen him kill Scott, they'd had orders to get to the lower levels as soon as the party was tasered quiet. Looking to Marie he saw her calm face and knew that she was in charge upstairs. He had no worries about Ol Wheels tryin to take her over, taking her bare hand in his he felt her take and give a little of her power to him. They were linked mind to mind now, always together, bonded closer than they'd ever been.

*********************************************************

It took six hours to strip the entire place of useful information, money, documents, food, supplies, everything of use. The cars of the rich were drafted into the mass exodus that occurred, scattering to the winds they went their own ways. The knowledge of where the investments were and how to get to them were in Sarah and Marie, they'd split up, Sarah going back to the Institute where Jubilee was recovering. Marie and Logan would go north, try to get the Canadians to change their mind about their American cousins. Especially when Marie gave them information about where the real cause of the virus that had wiped out half of Toronto had come from. Hank's handy work was impressive in it's own way but not for the right reasons.

James, well James did what his father had done, he wandered, travelling light, always connected to his little sister sending those he could to the Institute. His name and face weren't on the radar, he was a no one, a ghost but he soon found others who'd help him. Building a network under the oppressive hold of the human government, using the skills of his father tempered with those of his mother. He did well, made his father proud, had a family, went back to the place he was born and spread the tales of their victory through the old family.
He stayed a winter, saw the strong tree he'd been born under, slept in the cabin his father had built. When spring came he wasn't alone when he went back out on the road. When he saw his family again he introduced his new wife and they welcomed her into the fold.

It was a new start but there was still a lot to do out there, they had time, as it had been proved, even the greatest enemy weakens and dies.