Author's Chapter Notes:
Oooooo, it's been a looooooong time since I posted anything on here. I've finally got my ass in gear and done a bit more to this one. Hopefully, I will get round to actually finishing it tomorrow. There's a bit of UST and some language in this bit, but nothing too serious. Enjoy!
‘Everybody to their positions!’ Logan barked, startling everyone from their frozen shock. He kept hold of Marie’s hand as he spoke. ‘You’re coming with me.’ She nodded and followed him to the door. ‘Bobby, take him with you,’ Logan nodded at Pyro. ‘Keep an eye on him!’

‘Logan! They’ve breached the outer wall and they’re moving for the inner one fast,’ Storm shouted as she grabbed Kitty, her combat partner. ‘Jubilee, make sure all of the children are in the shelters before you come back, some of them were on the roof earlier.’

‘We’re on our way,’ Jubes answered, her and Pete shoving their way through.

‘Oh.’ Storm suddenly stopped, looking embarrassed. Logan frowned before he realised that the Professor was still stood at the back of the room, a strange expression on his face. ‘Is that alright?’ Storm asked almost tentatively.

‘Oh yes,’ he said. ‘It was just curious watching how well you coped without me.’ He flashed a quick smile. ‘Please carry on. I will stay with Eric.’ Everybody began to move once again, all focussing on their tasks.

* * * *

‘Wolverine!’ Mystique’s voice echoed across the mansion’s deserted lawns. ‘You know what we want! Give us Magneto and we will leave your school intact.’

‘And if I don’t?’ he shouted from his position near the hangar doors, glancing reassuringly at Marie.

‘Then we will take it apart, stone by stone until we find him.’ An approving roar came floating to them, clearly demonstrating the mood of the Cured.

‘Sorry to disappoint you, Blue, but you’re not getting him.’

‘So be it.’ There was a brief silence after Mystique’s words, then the sound of the Cured making their way up the wall. Logan risked a quick glance and shook his head. He counted to five and looked again.

‘Ready?’ he asked, his eyes on the wall. Marie nodded, a control panel in her lap. The first of the cured dropped to the ground, cheering and roaring. More climbed up, following their successful comrades. Logan nodded. ‘Now!’

Marie looked at the control panel and flicked several metal switches with her mind. An explosion ripped the wall from the ground, blowing it back into the oncoming Cured. The greenhouses shattered as the concussive blast reached them, the shards catching the light as they fell. When the sound died away Marie could hear the moans of the wounded mutants caught by the blast.

Logan shook his head, his ears ringing. ‘Show off,’ he muttered at her. She stuck her tongue out in reply. ‘Okay, let’s go.’ He shook his head again, then lent towards her, giving her a quick kiss on the lips. ‘Be careful,’ her growled, popping his claws and running towards the groggy Cured. Marie stared after him in shock for a few seconds before lurching to her feet and following him.

* * * *

Eric watched Charles pace back and forth, his face grim. ‘I could stop this, Charles. You said yourself, I am the only one who can absolve myself from guilt. Now is my chance.’

‘Eric, you and I both know that Mystique will kill you and continue her attack on the school. You would achieve nothing.’ Charles threw him an annoyed glance and continued pacing.

‘Do you prefer hiding in this cellar?’ Eric stared around the X-Men headquarters and wrinkled his nose. ‘I have always preferred to be above ground, myself,’ he added in a deliberately dismissive voice.

‘We are not hiding, Eric! We are-‘

‘Good!’ Eric broke in. ‘Then you won’t mind if I go and take a look.’ He grinned, his equanimity seemingly restored by the chance to act. ‘You are much easier to provoke in your new body, Charles.’ He rose and strode to the door, raising his eyebrows. ‘Coming?’

* * * *

Logan cursed as a lightening bolt narrowly missed him and dodged a blow from the large green mutant in front of him. He ducked under his opponent’s arm, ramming both sets of claws into his belly and ripping them up. The green mutant shuddered and slid off his claws with a strangled gasp. Logan stepped over him, shaking green slime off his claws with a grimace and looking for a new target. He could sense Marie not far behind him, lobbing metal chunks and fireballs at anyone who came near. He winced as she tore more railings from the wreckage of the wall, the screeching metal grating on his ears and the thrumming in his skeleton increasing. The Cured were still flooding through the gap in the wall. If they didn’t come up with something soon Logan knew they’d be overrun.

The air around him began to crackle as the wind picked up, the pressure increasing so swiftly Logan felt his eardrums trying to implode. Seeing a small twist of air directly in front of him, he ran backwards, grabbing Marie on his way past, dragging her to the mansion wall, pinning her to it and anchoring them with his claws. He heard her shocked gasp before all sound was drowned by the rushing air. The twister grew rapidly, pulling the air around it in to the centre, glass shards and rock debris rising to meet it. Logan growled as he felt it tugging at him, digging his claws in deeper, feeling Marie clutching his waist as tight as she could. The twister swept towards the wall, the Cured trying to outrun its deadly hunger, screams ringing out as they were whipped up and crushed, its size ever increasing.

Logan stared into Marie’s eyes, inches from his own. Her grip on him shifted as his bones began to vibrate more fiercely than ever. He could feel her drawing him closer, using his metal as an advantage. Despite the situation, he could feel a stirring in his groin as he was ground against Marie, the hum in his skeleton rising to a fever pitch. He growled again, deeper than before, seeing her eyes widen, cursing as he realised she could hardly fail to notice his arousal, pressed up against each other as they were. To his surprise a smile blossomed on her lips, pulling his ear down to her mouth.

‘Great timing,’ she shouted, wiggling her hips against him slightly, her grin widening at the groan that ripped from him. He swallowed hard, gritting his teeth to control his rising ardour, Marie’s smirk not helping. He sighed in relief as the roaring began to die down, the winds slowing, noticing the look of reluctance on Marie’s face as she let him go.

Storm landed beside them in a heap, her chest heaving as the tornado dwindled and vanished. ‘That should slow them for a minute,’ she gasped, leaning back against the wall.

‘Don’t you think that was a bit fucking close?’ Logan demanded furiously, ripping his claws from the wall and towering over her. ‘You could have killed us!’ He ran his eyes over Marie, checking that she wasn’t hurt, her colour rising slightly under the burning gaze. True, Storm wasn’t to blame for the fact that he was now extremely horny, but there was no one on hand to shred, so shouting at her would have to do.

‘You’re fine,’ Storm shot back, pulling a face at him. ‘You knew what I was doing.’ She watched, confused, as he stalked off towards the ruined wall, muttering viciously under his breath. Marie smothered a laugh as she pulled Storm to her feet, the urge to laugh leaving her abruptly as she saw the damage the tornado had caused. Huge swathes of lawn were overturned, bodies littering everything. Moans drifted across the battleground as the survivors tried to crawl back out of the gap.

Logan came stomping back towards them, his expression dark but the muttering thankfully stopped. ‘They’ve pulled back for now. Where’s Kitty?’ He grabbed Marie’s hand, clutching it tightly as they made their way back to the house.

‘With Hank. I was doing more good up there and Hank didn’t have a partner.’ Storm was quiet for a minute, her tone hesitant when she spoke again. ‘Do you… do you think we can beat them?’

‘Yes,’ Logan answered simply. ‘We did at Alcatraz and we will here.’

* * * *

‘Eric! Enough! We must go back inside before we’re seen,’ Charles yelled, exasperation and anger flowing through him. Eric swung around to face him, surprise painted on his face.

‘Are you losing control, Charles?’ Feeling his anger grow at the words, Charles swallowed, unclenching his fists, trying to regain perspective.

‘All I am saying is that our effort will be wasted if you are caught.’ He sighed in relief as Eric started back towards him.

‘You!’ The furious shout echoed around the courtyard, making Charles groan at the timing. Logan swiftly appeared, followed closely by Marie and Storm. ‘What the hell is he doin’ out here? He can be seen from the walls!’

‘We are just on our way back in, Logan,’ Charles interjected, trying to diffuse the tension, not noticing Marie’s silent snarl.

‘I don’t give a rat’s ass what you’re doin’! We are out here risking our lives for him!’ Logan’s finger stabbed in Eric’s direction before returning to Charles.

‘I fancied taking some air, Wolverine. Thought I’d see how you were getting on.’ Eric couldn’t seem to help the smirk that settled on his features, wearing it like a second skin, right up until Marie’s fist slammed into his face, sending him flying.

‘If any of my people die because of you, Ah’ll skin you alive!’ she snarled, dragging his face close to hers and staring her challenge into his eyes. Charles felt the situation rapidly spinning out of control, everything around him falling apart. The hope he’d always had, always managed to hold on to no matter what happened, seemed to fade inside him as he heard Logan’s grim words.

‘They’re coming again.’