Author's Chapter Notes:
Little sneak peek on how Logan's team is coping. A new character that some of you may recognize from one of my older fics comes out to play.

Next part will be geared more to Marie's direction.
He could smell them all around him, hiding in the maze of pipes, metal mesh and concrete. He couldn’t hear them. But he could tell from the scents that they were on the move, closing in on him as he sat waiting. They worked just as he had expected. Most of them had formed a tightly knit group, working together as one entity. Only few of them had chosen a different approach, coming after him alone. He wasn’t particularly worried over those working in a group. They were predictable, playing by the book no matter the outcome. No. They were no reason to worry. His greatest concern was one of the solos. Vasquez. Little bitch that the other recruits called Bodycount. What she lost in height she had replaced with muscle and sheer stubbornness and nasty attitude. She was a mutant, with the ability to manipulate and re-animate dead tissues on a cellular level. It hadn’t come to him as a surprise that team had practically forced her to take on the responsibilities of the mecha… Medic.

He shook his head. He’d have to learn the new terminology. But now wasn’t the time for that. He reached his right hand and smirked when his fingers wrapped around thick neck, his left fist pressing against warm back.
“And you’re dead, Anderson…” He whispered, leaving the cursing recruit, slinking back to shadows in search of a new hiding place.

Half an hour later he had managed to ‘kill’ all but one. Vasquez was still on the loose. And she seemed to have no intentions of getting caught. Couple of times it had been close, but on both times the woman had managed to squirm her way out of the trap unscathed. He was getting edgy. There was no way he was going to let the little bitch win him in his own game. No way. She’d make a mistake. Sooner or later she’d make a mistake and he’d be there, reaping the rewards.

He crept quietly forward, small smirk spreading on his lips when he spotted Vasquez. She was leaning against concrete pillar, every muscle coiled, peering towards something in the darkness. Big, dark lump, just the right size to pose as crouched man. He crept closer. Close enough to touch her, and still she wasn’t moving. Clock was ticking. Only few seconds left, and the session would be over.

He reached with his hand just as alarms triggered and strong floodlights flashed on, indicating that the exercise was over. When his eyes adjusted to the new level of lighting he smirked. His fingers wrapped around Vasquez’s slender neck, left fist pressed tightly against the soft underside of her jaw.
“You’re dead, Bodycount.”
“With all do respect, Commander… We’re both dead…” Vasquez hissed. He could feel the sharp blade of a knife tapping against his groin, just above his femoral artery.
“Fuck! Well done, Vasquez.”

It had been their last session in training. They would all get one weeks vacation. Not that any of them could leave from the base, but there would be no training. No early wake-up calls, no rushing to breakfast after inhumane obstacle course.

“Commander Wolverine! Sir!” He turned to look. Vasquez had been the last to leave from the training facility. She was running towards him. He stopped to wait.
“Considering that you just killed me, I think you can call me Logan. At least outside of training,” he smiled. He actually liked Vasquez. Rest of the morons in his team he had to tolerate, but she was different.
“Sir, Logan, sir! I came to ask if you could grant me a permission to leave the base, sir!” Logan cringed.
“No need to shout. I’m not deaf. And no. You know I can’t do that. I’m sorry.”
“Permission to speak freely, sir?”
“Stop fucking shouting, Vasquez! And it’s Logan. Not sir or Commander.”
“I need to get laid.”
“Well, what’s your fucking problem? The base is full of men. Pick the one you like.”
“That’s the problem. I already have somebody. But he’s not in the base,” Vasquez explained. Logan couldn’t believe he was having this conversation.
“Tough luck. I can’t give you my permission,” he huffed. Vasquez hung her head and turned to leave.
“But I can’t keep my eyes on you. I need to get laid myself,” he continued. Vasquez smirked knowingly.
“Just remember that I didn’t train pussies who get caught sneaking out from the base. Trip the alarms and I will personally beat the shit out of you.”
“Sir, yes, sir!”
“And stop fucking shouting.”

“How was your day?” Marie asked when he finally got back home.
“I need a cookie. Remind me that I pack enough body bags for the whole team before we leave, okay?” He huffed, slumping on a chair and letting his head droop against the table.
“That bad?” Marie asked with worried tone.
“Worse. Vasquez better charge her batteries before we leave. We’re going to need her.”
“Vasquez?” Logan rarely spoke about his team members.
“She’s a mutant. Can re-animate dead tissues. Don’t know if she can actually bring people back when they’re dead, but she can make corpses move and fight. She’s our mechanic.” A plate landed in front of him, filled with freshly baked cookies. He grabbed Marie before she had the chance to return to stir the cookie dough she was working on.
“Logan!”
“On the other hand… Why would I settle for measly cookies when I can have the whole bakery and the cook?” He purred, nuzzling his face against her stomach.

Ever since Logan had accepted Wolverine as a part of himself, he had been more relaxed and balanced. At first she had had her doubts, but when there had been no signs of the Destroyer taking over completely she had let go of her suspicions. Who was she to complain when one of the side effects had been Logan’s increased sex-drive?

She could only whimper when Logan tore open her blouse and yanked off her bra, latching on to her nipples like he was starving, suckling, licking and nibbling. His hands were everywhere at once, opening buttons and tearing off her clothes, revealing more and more skin. His mouth followed the path his fingers mapped; planting frantic kisses and nibbles to every exposed inch of her.