Author's Chapter Notes:
They're on a bitchy mood.
She started to prepare the breakfast. It was still hard to understand how Logan could be so hard, and downright cruel towards the people he was supposed to work with, but in the end it wasn’t her business. And in all fairness he had done this before.

“Go and put on something warm.” Logan nodded, but just sat there, his teeth still chattering.
“I could have fucking killed her.”
“Yes. You made it perfectly clear already.” She didn’t want to continue this conversation.
“No, you don’t understand… I really could have fucking killed her. I did that cocktail for me. Even if it had been working properly, it could have fucking killed her. It’s too strong for other people undiluted. At least I think so. I just randomly mixed some anti-toxins and purifying agents. Strongest stuff I could find.”
“Then what the hell were you thinking while squirting it in to her?” Marie’s anger flared.
”I did what felt the right thing to do. Had to do something to keep her going. Had to keep her functioning long enough for the Mechanics to find us.”
“Just listen to yourself! Logan! There are no Mechanics! There are no Messengers! People don’t hate mutants! There are no Destroyers! That War is over!”
“Don’t you think I fucking know that? I know that! I! But it looks like not all parts of me agree with that!”
“Don’t you start with that whining again! I’m sick and tired of it!”
“Fine. I won’t.”

Logan stood up and stomped outside, still wearing his wet jeans and nothing more. He had left a puddle of water to where he sat, and wet footprints announced the path he had taken through their house.
“Shit.” The last thing she wanted to do on his last week at the base was to fight. Breakfast forgotten she charged after Logan, hoping she would catch him before he wandered to an area where she wasn’t allowed to follow.

She didn’t have to run far. Logan was sitting on the porch, angry and tired scowl on his face.
“Came to shout some more?” He asked, not turning his gaze from the ground.
“No. I came to apologize.”
“Why?” Logan asked, picking up a small pebble, weighing it on his palm.
“I don’t want to fight with you.”
“I don’t want to fight with you either. But why apologize? You should do that more often.”
“What?”
“What you did back there. Stopped me. I don’t have to like it. I may walk off to cool down. But at least somebody has the guts to kick my ass back in gear if I start whining,” Logan spoke with a clipped tone, throwing the pebble away.
“I didn’t mean it like that…”
“Don’t start backing out now. Is there something else? Something more you want to get off from your chest?”
“You’re freaking me out. What is this shit? I just apologized, what more do you want?” Marie asked.
“I want us to get things clear between us. All things. I know I promised that I would return. I will do everything in my power to make sure that I get back to you. But there’s always the possibility that I won’t come back. I don’t want to leave any loose ends.”
“Isn’t it your turn, then?” Marie asked.
“My turn?”
“I already told you what annoys me. It’s your turn.”
“Well, there is this one thing… Shit. Just forget it,” Logan muttered, stood up and stomped back in. She followed him.

“What one thing? God damned, Logan! Talk to me!”
“No. It’s not fair…”
“I’ll tell you what’s not fair! First you make these big speeches about how we should clear the air, but then when it’s your turn you clamp up! It’s not fair that I have to share every fucking piece of information when you’re only handing out tidbits every now and then!”
“Fair? Okay. You say you trust me, and that’s a big fucking fat lie!”
“What the hell is that supposed to mean? I trust you with my fucking life, and you should know that!”
“Doesn’t look like that from where I’m standing. You still think that I could hurt you,” Logan huffed, marching in to the bedroom, stripping off his soaked jeans as he went.
“What? I don’t think you’d hurt me…”
“Then why the hell you freeze and play dead every fucking time I try to fuck you from behind?”