“Come on, Vasquez!” Vasquez? What the hell was going on in there? She held her breath and crept closer. She really didn’t want to jump in to conclusions, but what was she supposed to think when she could hear Logan out of breath, and woman moaning in there? She could hear low, feminine voice whispering something, and Logan snorting.

She pushed the door open. Logan was standing in the shower, his arms draped around short, muscular woman. Woman was completely naked. Logan was wearing his jeans and nothing else. Both were shivering and panting. Woman was writhing and moaning, struggling against Logan’s firm hold from around her. His one hand was wrapped around her narrow waist; other held her chin up and her head against his chest from under her jaw.

“There’s a small box under the bed. Go and get it for me,” Logan hissed, then cursed when woman nearly managed to squirm loose from his hold. She fetched the box.
“Open it. There’s a syringe. Give it to me,” Logan grunted. Woman renewed her struggling from the word ‘syringe’, kicking and scratching Logan.
“Calm the fuck down, Vasquez! I don’t want to hurt you!” Logan growled, letting out a small pained gasp when woman’s teeth sunk in to his arm, just above his wrist.
“Oh, fucking… Shit…” His claws and the barrels of the lasers tore forth, rendering his hands useless, and woman fell to the floor. She crawled past Marie on her hands and knees, out from the bathroom, still shivering and gasping for air. She could feel icy cold droplets of water splashing from the woman on her feet.
“Don’t let her get away!” Logan shouted, barreling after the woman.

Woman had gotten as far as to the kitchen before Logan had caught her. She was spitting, kicking and screaming on the floor. Logan was straddling her waist, again unarmed, one strong hand braced against her chest just between her breasts to keep her still.
“Give me that syringe, Marie!” She handed the small syringe to him. Logan took it and plunged it deep in to the woman’s bicep emptying it.

It was as if all the life and fight had been suddenly drained out from the woman. She fell completely limp, letting out an agonized wail and started sobbing.
“Of all the stupid stunts… You fucking knew how much I need you. You knew and yet you pull up shit like this… Get a fucking grip, Vasquez!” Logan spat, his nose only inches from the woman’s face before he stood up and let her go.
“Take her back to the shower. She needs to stay cool until that shit wears off. I need to… I fucking need to get out of here before I gut that fucking bitch…”

So. This was Vasquez. She approached the woman carefully, remembering at the last possible moment to retrieve her gloves and a long sleeved shirt to protect her from her bare skin.
“Hss… It’s alright… I’m going to help you…” She murmured. Vasquez didn’t seem to understand or even care about the words she was whispering. Woman had retreated in to her own mind, somewhere far away, and let Marie jostle her back in to bathroom, under cold water.

She would have wanted to go after Logan and ask what this all had been about, but she couldn’t leave Vasquez alone. She’d probably fall down and drown if Marie let go of her now. So she sat next to the woman on the floor. Endured the freezing water, holding Vasquez against her and rocking gently back and forth.

She wasn’t sure of how long they sat there, cold water cascading over them. Long enough for Vasquez to stop shivering. Long enough for Marie to start shivering. Long enough for Vasquez to start talking with hushed, low tone that reminded a lot like Logan’s.
“We were supposed to get married before I leave… Paid a small fortune for the cure…” Vasquez whispered her hands curled around her knees. Marie kept her arm around her shoulders, but turned off the shower and rubbed her reassuringly.
“Didn’t work… I know I shouldn’t have come here… Couldn’t think up anybody else,” Vasquez muttered, staring numbly at the tiled floor.
“It’s okay. Are you better now?” Marie asked.
“Yeah. In fact… I better leave before Lo… Commander gets back,” woman said, scrambling up from the floor with shaky feet.
“You’re in no condition to go anywhere on your own. Come on. We’ll get you some clothes and I’ll make us some breakfast,” Marie said sternly, helping Vasquez to the bedroom.
“It really isn’t necessary, and I don’t think commander…”
“Fuck the Commander! I happen to know that Logan will want to know how you’re feeling as soon as he calms down a bit. Here. Put these on and come in to the kitchen,” Marie huffed, gave Vasquez shirt and trousers that she thought would fit and left her to get dressed.

“What was in this?” Marie wondered out loud, picking up the used syringe.
“I don’t have a clue. But what ever it was, it worked. Cleared that shit off from my system. Uh… You wouldn’t happen to have a belt?” Vasquez stood in the doorway. Shirt Marie had given sat on her shoulders snugly like a second skin, revealing impressive musculature structure. Trousers rode low on her narrow hips, nearly falling off.
“Little cocktail I had tailored for myself. I’m glad it worked. Now, get the fuck out of my face, Bodycount. And remember… Pull this shit again and I won’t let you off the hook this easily,” Logan growled from the door. Vasquez nodded and hurried past him, then turned.
“Thanks. Thanks for everything…”
“Save it. Next time I’ll wring your neck,” Logan snapped, slamming the door shut. He waited for a moment, listening.

“Jesus…” He sat heavily, hiding his face behind his palms. His wet jeans squeaked against the chair. He was shivering.
“And what the hell was that?” Marie asked.
“That was Vasquez. Nearly ruining the whole fucking mission.”
“No. I meant you. She could barely walk and you threw her out just like that!”
“I fucking had to! She has to be back at the barracks before the name call or we’re both screwed! I gave her my permission to sneak out of the base last night, and it’s my ass on the line if anybody catches her!”

“What was in that syringe?” Marie asked.
“My fucking life insurance. I heard that those aliens use some kind of toxins. Borrowed some things from Jeffries after he left. I was going to take it with me when we leave. I don’t trust to the shit they pack in those medi-kits. Hasn’t worked on me before, why would it work now?”
“How did you know it would work on Vasquez?”
“I didn’t. But she was toast anyway. That thing they call ‘the cure’… God only knows what’s in it. Figured that if I was going to trust my life on to something, might as well test it out first…”