Waking up alone in the morning felt strange. Often times Logan had woken up long before her and left to work, so empty house wasn’t then think making her feel weird. No. It was the cold hard fact that at the end of the day Logan wouldn’t be coming back home. Not today, not tomorrow, or day after tomorrow.

He hadn’t known when he would return, but he had been guessing it would be at the earliest at the end of the week. Five, six, or possibly seven whole days on her own. Not knowing if he were okay. Not even knowing if he were alive.

She pushed back all suspicions about Logan’s wellbeing immediately when they surfaced. It would be stupid to spend any time thinking about it. He’d be okay. He had promised that to her. And she had promised to trust him. It was time to start keeping that promise for real.

She sat up and yawned widely, stretching her back and groaning loudly. Today she would meet with Ariadne. She would go through the plans and first stages of her scenario with her. Just a quick run to test her limits so that Ariadne could make the finishing touches to the programming.

Well, it wasn’t Ariadne herself who would type down the code required. It would be one of her assistants.
“The day I voluntarily touch to one of those dreadful machines is the day I’m ready for my grave…” Woman had muttered gesturing towards the computer station at the observation booth when she had been giving Marie a tour around the place.
“I’m too old fashioned to deal with those monstrosities. Give me an ordinary computer any day, but that thing…” Her whole body had shuddered from the mere thought of hooking up with the machine.

Computer that was used to generate the holographic projections required a direct connection with it’s user to function properly. User had a small jak installed to his or her left temple, and through it the brain could be connected directly with the computer.

She was in the shower when first small nagging whispers of doubt crept in to her mind. In the end, would it be such a great idea to force her body to do something it was obviously unwilling to do? And what if after triggered she didn’t know how to turn the mist off? Every time before she had been almost in a trance-like state, fear, utter horror dictating her actions. She had no recollection of how she had done what needed to be done to release the mist nor what made it stop.

She turned of the shower and toweled herself dry, trying to ignore the small voice at the back of her head that was trying to talk her out of what she was going to do. Everything would be alright. It was something she wanted to do. Right? Nobody, not Logan nor the army had ever even hinted that she should try to control her mutations. Quite contrary, Logan had just basically shrugged his wide shoulders and told her to do what she wanted. Army had only given her possibility to train under watchful eyes.

She got dressed, not really even paying attention to what she put on. There was no point in getting all dressed up; she’d go in to the training tank naked. The blue mist would eat off everything except the adamantium.

She made it as far as to the front door of the small house she shared with Logan when she froze.

There she stood, her hand clasped around the handle. All ready to go. And those small whispers weren’t there anymore. Her whole being was screaming, in full alert. Every nerve and tendon stretched taut, ready to run and hide. Run because Logan wasn’t there. Hide because getting in to that tank she’d be doing the greatest mistake of her life. She wasn’t suspecting anything. Suddenly she was dead on sure, that nothing good would come out of the test Ariadne had planned for her.