“I don’t offer enough variety between the sheets? Maybe you should go and find somebody who does if it’s such a big issue to you!” Marie shouted. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing.
“No, I don’t have to go looking for something that I get more than enough at home! This isn’t about fucking sex, Marie! This is about how you lie to me on daily basis! Okay, you have some issues when it comes to trusting me, but at least be honest about it and say it straight at my face!”

“Fine! I don’t trust you! Happy?” She lunged forward and threw the words at him as if they were weapons. Logan flinched, but stood tall, keeping his gaze locked to her eyes.
“Better. Is there anything I can do? Anything that would make you trust me again?” He asked, keeping his voice down. Reigning his temper. She shook her head. No. There was absolutely nothing her could do.
“Is it because of something I have said or done?” He asked, tone of his voice gearing towards conversational level.
“It’s not something. It’s everything. One minute you’re acting all cuddly and telling me how much you love me, and the next moment you’re threatening to maim the whole world!”
“And…” Logan stared at her, clearly at loss.
“How can I be sure that one day it isn’t the other way around? That it isn’t me in the receiving end when you snap?” She asked.
“If you’re so fucking afraid of me why the hell are you still tagging along? What’s stopping you from leaving? Huh? Sure as hell can’t be my pleasant personality!” Logan growled and yanked fresh pair of jeans from the closet.

He dressed up quickly, not waiting for Marie to find an answer. This conversation had gone too far already. He had already been wound up from the mess with Vasquez, itching for a fight. Wrong time to start talking about anything and everything that was wrong between him and Marie. He was about to walk out to sort out his head, but changed his mind. He had done it every time in the past, and end result had always remained the same. They had swept all the crap under the carpet, and if he was completely honest, there was no room anymore. It was bursting from the seams already.

“Actually, don’t answer to that last question. Not yet. We both need to calm down a bit before we continue.”
“Calm down? I’m supposed to calm down after that?” She was practically steaming.
“Yeah. You have to,” Logan said, reaching towards her, grazing her temple with his index finger and grimacing from the contact. She was sweating slightly. Small, blue droplets that slowly ate away skin from the pad of his finger before his healing kicked in.
“I… I think I’ll go and take a shower…”

From her earlier experience she had learned that she could somewhat control the mist when it broke through. Keeping her skin wet prevented the mist from spreading, and diluted it. There were small holes in her shirt and trousers already. Nothing earth shattering. No need to throw the clothes away, she could fix them. All she had to do was to wash them properly, and she could fix them. Logan was completely another matter. There was nothing that could fix him if the mist accidentally triggered when she was near him.

Sudden bout of nausea gripped her stomach, bitter bile rising to the back of her throat. She suppressed the reaction. There was nothing to throw up, she hadn’t eaten her breakfast yet, and she would just end up cramping on the floor, and that would bring Logan in to the bathroom, worried out of his wits and fussing all over like a mother hen. She couldn’t take that now. Not after everything they had said to each other.

It wasn’t like he acted threateningly towards her. He didn’t. On the contrary, he seemed to fight tooth and nail for the control of his emotions when it came to her. Kept everything except his love towards her tightly clamped down up until now. That was the main reason for her mistrust towards him. One day his love wouldn’t be enough when his temper got the better out of him if he kept stacking up every negative feeling behind a barrier.

He kept asking her to trust him even when he couldn’t trust her to stay with him through petty arguments.