Author's Chapter Notes:
Logan and Marie get to have some real time together at last.
'Human justice is blind to entreaty,
Yet the universe listens forever.
Make your deals with the forces you cannot see,
Not those in the hands of men.'

**********************************************************

Marie woke on the sofa, her body sore and her skin being rasped gently by Logan's touch. His breath still even and soft on her bare skin, blinking she shifted a little so she could read the mantle clock.
The dial read 10.30am, stretching she shifted against the solid form that was underneath her, listening to the purr of the man run through her. Laughing she pushed herself up off him, still covered in her ripped nighty she shed the cloth and walked into the small downstairs cupboard.

When she came back out she was wearing a fluffy towelling robe and a smile, propping herself on the arm of the large sofa she kissed the top of Logan's head. His hazel gaze locked onto her own, seeing her smile and the warmth that was all for him. "Mornin' you fancy some breakfast?" Logan had a perfect view into her cleavage from where he was, too tempting to resist he pulled her over so his mouth tasted the night sweat of her skin. His hands already going into the soft cloth, finding her perfumed skin and making it pucker under his touch.

Shifting higher he got her to open her thighs for him and the smell of last nights efforts made him growl, her thighs were still covered with him and he wanted to taste her before she showered him away. "C'mere," the sound more of a growl than an actual word, shoving his head into her groin. His tongue licking and cleaning her, his tongue moving into her still sticky sex, taking everything in about her. The way her hands gripped the back of the sofa as he pulled her hips into his mouth, her breath hitching each time he passed over her clit. No matter how long he was with her it'd never be enough to fill his hunger for her, for Marie.

He kept her there, hips locked against his mouth for what seemed like an eternity to her, one hand on her rear keeping her still, the other on his own raging hard on. Her eyes watching as he pulled himself closer to the edge he was mercilessly driving her to. Finally when she'd broken apart in shuddering sobs, her whole body washed out by it did he move. Keeping his hand on her Logan vaulted off the sofa, his breathing hurried and skin flushed. Logan just lifted her in two hands, her weight nothing to him, resting her against the wall before stretching her wide. Just before he filled her aching centre he looked inside her, his eyes begging permission to take what he needed from her. If she refused him he'd drop her, finish himself and leave, she *knew* that, she felt it running through him. Reaching over she kissed him, pulling him into her body, she wanted him, needed him. And as his solid length filled her again she felt her life complete again, she'd needed this since the day she'd seen him. To be owned by such feelings, such power, to have it at her fingertips whenever she wanted or needed it.

This time it was slow, a gentle grinding at her sex, as if Logan was trying to keep them here as long as possible. Tender, soft caresses covered her skin this time, as if every movement was a worship, the small kisses that lit her skin like fire. The touch of his tongue on the side of her throat, everything about him was feeding her soul. That she was still worth touching, worth holding, worth loving. Her voice hadn't made sense yet, she'd whimpered, keened along with his ministrations on her body but she'd not spoken to him properly. As he shifted her higher on him she felt his length shift inside, the strokes now were forcing her body to shake. Each pass he made grazing along her g-spot, forcing himself deeper into her, her hands now cluthcing his shoulders in desperation. Her voice finally opened by the emotions running rampant through her, finally crashing over her taught nerves. Flooding her body with endorphins, her iris nearly black with pleasure, so close to falling over into the calm void. Her whisper caught by him as he finally held her tight to his hips, losing himself inside her. The feeling of his seed scalding her insides, her whisper making his eyes sparkle again. "Ah, love ya Logan, ah'm yours, only yours."

The world greyed out for a few moments but then she found herself being handled softly and gently upstairs. The white of the bathroom hurt her still wide eyed gaze, Logan seated himself on the edge of the bath holding her close to him.
"You okay?" Marie lifted her head to look at him, his face was soft, the lines of hardness she'd always seen on him were still there but they were lessened. When she found his eyes she nearly choked on her breath they were so full of emotion.
"Ah'm fine Logan, Ah just got everythin' Ah ever wanted." The smile that accompanied his hug nearly broke her heart in two it was so full. He was here with her, he'd left everything behind for her, risked a lot for her, all because she couldn't let him fight alone.

He moved her into the bath, taking the robe away and running the water into the large porcelain bath. Stripping himself quickly he got in behind her, soon the water was upto the level they needed and Marie leaned over and shut it off. The steam slowly rising in the room patterning the window and keeping their figures hidden from the world. They didn't speak as they rested here in the warm water, the rest of the world didn't exist for now. They were together, they had time, a restful period, a time to plan 'what next'. After the holidays were over things would change she knew Logan wouldn't stay here, and she needed to go with him.

**********************************************************

Xavier wouldn't see it their way of that she knew, if they were a threat then they needed to drop even further off the radar and she couldn't do that alone. Logan had done it for years and now she was going to do it as well.

Logna told her about her apartment back in New York, that everyone there thought she'd been killed or that she'd been stolen away by the military. He even filled her in on his own reaction to her disappearance, the days of drinking into insensibility so he couldn't feel. So he couldn't reveal what he knew about her, now he'd made himself a liabilty to the X-Men. That he'd killed when he shouldn't have, his control was being lost because she'd been lost.

He was telling her the truth, he would lose control if she was lost to him and it was that knowledge that steeled her. She'd be there, stand with him against all comers because that's how it was with Logan. You were either with him or you weren't, no grey area's allowed, all or nothing. And as frightening as it was she welcomed the security of that, Logan would never abandon her just as she wouldn't do that to him. Not now she knew how much she meant to him, even when she'd been at the mansion. She had some growing up to do an with Logan by her side she'd turn out to be the person she always wanted to be. Of that she was certain.