Author's Chapter Notes:
This is part of the Tarot Series, numbered as the major arcana are in the tarot deck. We get to watch Marie and Logan on their own journey through the cards....
'The journey's started,
A fool is only a fool,
To those who think they
Understand the world.'

**********************************************************

She'd been stupid, (okay that was a given, seeing how The Brotherhood had attacked all the places the cure had been offered) but she'd still gone for it.

Now she was back here, her arms feeling odd with a breeze that played across the skin. Everyone had looked through her apart from Logan; he'd understood, hell he'd seen her leave. He hadn't judged her need, but he had questioned her about exactly 'why' she'd gone for it.

Truth be told she *had* gone for Bobby at first, but as she'd stood in the queue of people she'd seen those who'd decided to change their minds when they'd been injected. Having your dna rewritten isn't an easy thing to undergo, it's you, the entirity of you and it isn't a decision to take lightly.
So she'd questioned herself about her reasons, yes she wanted to touch Bobby but it wasn't the driving force behind her decision. She wanted to feel 'human', to have people hold her again without fear, to be allowed to show some skin on her arms without sending people running to Ororo about her.

It was baser than Bobby, it was plain human *need*. So when she came back Logan was the first one to touch her; he just picked her up in his huge arms and squeezed her tight to his chest. When he put her back down he just smiled at her, running a hand down her cheek and seeing her leaning into the simple touch he knew that this was what she'd needed. Not a boy, not an emotional reaction to something she'd seen from a window.

So she'd returned brand new, some called her a traitor, others a fool. That now she wasn't one or the other, human or mutant, yet it didn't matter to her anymore she was Marie again. She still had the remnants of the knowledge she'd drained from Logan and Eric, they were still accessable to her. But the voices had gone, for what had always seemed a constant was now changed, she no longer had Eric whispering to her that she was superior. Just like she no longer had the urgings of Logan to grab a beer and just sit on the roof.

She could be Marie again.

So she did what Marie could do, she left.

Determined to start a new life she packed up her things, leaving a note for Logan telling him she was leaving. She gave him warning first knowing that he'd feel odd if she didn't. She was starting again, a new life, a 'Marie' life, Rogue died when the needle entered her skin and rewrote her body. Time was precious and she was determined to use it.