Author's Chapter Notes:
Finishing things up…finally.
Marie held onto Logan tightly as they sped away from the theater. She couldn't help but smile to herself as she felt his tightly muscled abs beneath his shirt. She closed her eyes and pressed her body against his as he drove them to her surprise destination.

Logan was enjoying how Marie pressed herself against him as they sped across town on his bike, so he decided on taking a more scenic route to the next part of their date. When they arrived he shut the bike off and frowned as she loosened her arms from his waist.

"Uh, Logan, are you sure this is the right place?" Marie asked as she looked up at the building in front of them. A half-lit neon sign flickered "vacancy" above a run-down motel.

"Sure am darlin', I wanted to treat you right, this being our first official date and all. Nothing but the best for my Marie."

"But…" Marie started to protest, until she realized Logan was walking away from the motel. She looked across the street in the direction he was headed and there, tucked between a dingy bar and a used car lot was a tiny restaurant. It had barely registered with her that THAT was where they were going, not the motel, when Logan grabbed her hand and lead her across the street.

The waitress seated them in a booth in a dimly lit corner and handed then their menus. After taking their drink orders she gave them a few minutes to decide.

"Logan, this place is really sweet, how did you find it?"

"Actually, its one of Scooter's favorite places, he suggested it."

"Remind me to thank him."

"Heh, you had me worried when we first got here. You didn't sound so sure of the place."

"Oh, no, Logan, I just, um, jumped to conclusions, I guess."

Logan just arched an eyebrow, waiting for her to explain.

Marie sighed, knowing there was no way around this one. "When we pulled up I didn't see the restaurant right away, you know, because we parked across the street. I thought that was where you were taking me. Silly, I know."

Logan looked confused for a second, and then turned to look out the window at what was across the street. Seeing the seedy motel, he began to smile and looked back at Marie, whose face was almost as red as Jean's hair. Logan laughed and reached across the table to take Marie's hand in his. "Baby, I told you I'd wait until you were ready, and when you are I definitely won't be taking you to a place like that."

He squeezed Marie's hand and she smiled back at him, "I know, I guess it just took me by surprise is all."

They spent the rest of the evening talking over the best steaks in New York, and then they both climbed back onto Logan's bike.

The ride back to the mansion was too short, in Marie's opinion, and Logan must have been thinking the same thing, because once they had it parked in the garage he put his arm around her shoulders and told her not to worry, there'd be plenty more rides. Then he walked her up to her room and kissed her good night.