Author's Chapter Notes:
Dedication: To Mom, who loves me no matter what I say or do, and whose idea of fun is scuba diving. Brave woman. Thanks Mama, for always telling me that I can do anything.//telepathic// ~feelings~
One month later

Westchester NY


Logan was nervous. He knew what everyone had told him `give her time' and that he'd done, but now… now he was about to ask her the most important question of his life. "Marie have dinner with me."

She smiled. She knew what he was going to ask her…and she knew what she was going to say.

She said…

End Part 14





No! No smacking me with plot bunnies! Joking! Joking! Continuing on…





She said…

Redmond, NC

"She said YES!"

Emote yanked the phone away from her ear. Ouch, he was LOUD! She shook her head. Men. Strange. Cute, but strange.

It had been a month since the last time she'd seen the man on the other end of the line—and the woman he'd apparently successfully proposed to. (He wouldn't have been nearly as happy otherwise.) She and the woman's friends had `arranged'—aka browbeat, cajoled and occasionally threatened to use the groom to be as a lightening rod—a nice romantic way for him to ask her the really tough question—"Wanna legally live together?"

Apparently it had been a success.

Emote looked at the phone. "Congratulations, Logan. To what?"

"Marriage. She's gonna marry me."

She smiled. "That's great, honey. Is she there to congratulate?"

"She's showing the ring to Jubes and Kitty—oh, wait she's here. Hey, thanks so much."

Emote smiled again. "Oh, Logan, you're welcome. Put her on." Marie's voice came on the line. "Hey, Rogue, hear there's a wedding in your future."

"Yeah." ~peace, happiness~

"Did it work?"

"Oh, yeah."

Emote knew that Marie needed to FEEL that Logan did not see their marriage as an obligation he would have to undertake to keep her in his life, so Angelica had enlisted the help of Rogue's friends to `help' Logan plan how to ask her. He had been in earnest, asking them if he'd worded this correctly, or ordered the right flowers, or if he needed to shave.

They had allowed Jubliee to take him shopping for the right "How-to-get-the-girl-you've-always-loved-to-marry-you" accoutrements. He came back that day feeling like he'd been run over by a yellow sparky bulldozer. And `Ro had told him later that Jubilee had taken it EASY on him!

Emote knew this because the "Rogue Brigade" as they had called themselves had called her every night with details. Luckily, the only one in the dark was Marie.

"He was so nervous `bout asking me, he handed me his speech!" Marie read it over the phone.

))Marie, I have loved you since I pulled you out of that trailer. I have wanted you for so long I can't remember how I felt before. You are the angel in my darkness, and the thought you could have forgiven me is the biggest miracle I could have hoped for. Would you be willing to make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?((

Emote wiped tears from her face. "That's so sweet!"

"I know!" They both sighed. "Would you be willing to be one of my bridesmaids?"

"Oh yeah. When?"

Two months later.

Angelica and Ryan watched the new bride and groom dance around the ballroom of the Xavier School for the Gifted. The bride had worn a white strapless gown and veil, skillfully concealing the third family member. The groom had been talked into a tuxedo, but flatly refused to wear a tie of any kind. Everyone accepted that, since no one wanted adamantium claws through their stomach. Now both were in jeans and T-shirts, which although unusual reception attire, appropriately fitting for these two X-Men.

The bridesmaids had been clothed in strapless gowns as well, actually flattering to all of them. Angelica was thrilled. She had enough ugly bridesmaid dresses to outfit a circus. Now she and her partner in the wedding, Ryan, were also comfortable in jeans.

Which was good, because at that moment, the eight months pregnant bride gasped… and clutched her stomach.

Logan carried her over to Emote, who sat worriedly on the sidelines.

"Can you help her?" Logan was frantic. He'd come too close to losing her once to not be worried.

Emote had little actual experience, but she used her skills to `call' to Hank and Xavier, allowing Marie and Logan to `hear'.

//Baby's ready to make an appearance. Rogue's in labor.//

Logan—big, strong Logan, manly man, destroyer of evil mutants—passed out.