Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, this is another story that was originally a part of ‘Dueling Diaries’, only it was previously written from Logan's P.O.V. It didn't flow well at all, so I rewrote it (not uncommon with me).
"What is it about me that attracts teenage girls?" Logan asked, stretching out in one of the chairs by Scott's desk.

Jean smiled.

"Maybe it's your winning personality." Scott quipped with a grin.

Logan ignored him. "First Rogue, then her friend Jubilee, and now that girl Kitty."

"You're a mystery to them, Logan. You intrigue their fertile imaginations." Jean set aside the tests that she'd finished grading and blurrily reached for the next stack, nearly tipping over her beer in the process.

"I'm a mystery to myself."

"My theory," Scott announced, barely glancing at the World Religion essay tests Jean shoved at him before dropping them into the English Literature box, "is that what gets their hormones going, the juices flowing, is the whole look you got going, that scruffy-looking, biker, dangerous, seems-he-can't-hold-down-a-job air. These girls love that for some inexplicable reason."

"Who's scruffy looking?" This was said with a straight face and a quirked brow.

Jean's eyes widened and Scott paused before his grin widened. "You're far more disreputable than Han Solo and a heck of a lot hairier."

From her corner, where she'd quietly and unobtrusively put away four beers, Ororo giggled like one of the aforementioned teen girls, then hiccupped, and struggled to sit up. "Personally, Logan, I think it's your ass that attracts them."

"I think it's time to cut you off, Ororo." Scott got up and moved towards her, intending to take the beer. "I mean it."

She slid the bottle down her shirt, resting it in her bra. "They see a nice, tight, prime ass like yours Logan, and it ignites their hormones." She wasn't slurring, but every word was said very, very carefully. Ororo stuck her chest out. "C'mon Slim, I haven't had a good feel in months. Guys think I might strike 'em with lightning if they dare try and it freaks them out."

"Uh...Jean?" He paused.

Jean tossed down her pen. The words on the paper were too blurry to see straight. "It's two in the morning, we've been grading finals since seven, I just finished my third beer in less than an hour and I could care less if you brush against her tits trying to get the bottle out of her shirt."

Scott glanced at Logan. "Why don't you do it?"

"She didn't tell me to. Besides", a smile played at the corners of his mouth, "adamantium is metal, conducts electricity, and I never feel up a lady without her permission--"

"Don't know many ladies, huh?"

"--especially one who can strike me with lightning and fry me from the inside out."

"Good point."

"I don't care who does it. Someone touch me already." Ororo turned on the loveseat, knocking a pile of history exams onto the floor. They fanned out.

Logan leaned over. "Sit back, Cyke, I'll take care of this." He shifted his chair slightly and reached out one hand, knuckles brushing the curve of the woman's breasts before snagging the neck of the bottle. He drew it out slowly, then ran the bottom edge of the bottle over her and raised it to his lips, drinking the last swallow.

Ororo's eyes fluttered shut and she passed out.

"Why do you ask?" Jean got up and went to the woman, laying one of Ororo's arms about her neck. She heaved, slid on the papers on the floor and landed heavily on her rear. Scott hid the last of Jean's beer.

"Ask what?" Logan pushed the remaining half case of beer under Scott's desk with his feet.

"About the girls."

"Shall I take Ororo to her room, Jean?" Scott asked quietly.

"What, and have the students think you're gonna molest her?"

"Go ahead, Cyke, and stay up there awhile; it'll do wonders for your reputation. Bounce on her bed for five or ten minutes, moan a little, and come stumbling down with your clothes all messed up. I guarantee all those little shits'll have new respect for you."

"That may be your style, Logan, but I couldn't do that to a lady."

"Leave her there then. I'll carry her up in a bit." His attention turned to Jean. "Oh, it just seems that I'm the newest...craze...among teen girls. They don't seem to realize I can hear them whispering, especially that little Jubilee. She hasn't quite mastered the concept of 'inside voice' yet." Talk the talk, Logan.

Scott returned to his desk and plopped into the chair with a sigh. "Tell me about it. English Lit. classes with her are a true joy."

"Does it bother you?" Jean leaned back against the bookshelf.

"Of course it bothers me, how is the girl ever going to learn Shakespeare if she doesn't listen in class? Did I tell you what she did on her midterm?"

"Yes!" Jean and Logan answered in unison.

"I think Jean was talking to me though." Logan reached under the desk and snagged another beer. A sore topic, did he really want to keep it going?

"They're just kids, Logan. Don't tell me you're afraid of teenage girls." She yawned.

"Teenage girls with whacked out hormones and tits and ass that they know are lethal weapons. Am I right, or am I right, Cyke?"

"It pains me agree with you and admit this, but yeah, they know it. They try anything..."

"Scott!" Jean struggled to her feet.

"C'mon Red, like you haven't noticed some of them." Logan took a cigar from his pocket and lit it. "Take Rogue. Girl can't touch bare skin and she's sin in bodily form, t. and a. so luscious I'd like to nibble on her all day--"

"You mean you aren't? I thought you were." Scott grinned.

"--what does she do? She wears tight little tops cut down to there, barely covering her, and anything form fitting."

"At least she's legal though, and has been for awhile." Scott put his feet on a pile of Shakespeare essays. "Look at Jubilee--"

"Who can help but look at her?"

"--Yeah, she exposes enough skin that a stripper would tell her to cover up."

"What do you know about strippers?" Jean demanded tripping over the box of chemistry tests.

"Only what I saw on 'Striptease' and 'Showgirls', Jean."

Logan chuckled. "If you believe that...." He took a swig of beer. "Then there's Kitty."

"What about Kitty? She's an excellent student." Both Scott and Jean seemed puzzled.

"She has to be the most academically achieved and athletically challenged girl I've met. She shakes her stuff and behaves like the rest of them until she notices me and loses all coordination. When she's not running into things, and tripping, and falling over them, she's running, tripping and falling through them. She becomes either a stuttering wreck or a deaf mute and I'd swear she keeps staring at my crotch." He puffed on the cigar. "Rogue and Jubilee don't help matters any, especially Jubilee."

"I can imagine." Scott leaned his chair back further as Jean moved to him and draped herself over his shoulder.

"How so?" She leaned and the chair tilted alarmingly.

"Well, Jubilee sort of pushed her into me on the track one day. We landed in a rather awkward position."

"Awkward?" A grin again split Scott's features and if he'd been a dog, his ears would have perked. "How awkward is awkward?"

"Okay, it was more awkward for her than for me. I cushioned her fall, her arm landed on my thighs, her cheek..." He pointed to his crotch. "Right there. She was a real pretty shade of red the whole day, you probably saw her, she looked like she had a sunburn."

"Oh, that day. I wondered why Jubilee snickered when I told Kitty to remember to use sunscreen." The chair went over backward, Scott and Jean tangling on the floor, the chair between them.

"Boy, this brings back memories, doesn't it Scott, like the time we were..."

Logan's brows raised at that tantalizing remark, but no more was forthcoming, and after several long moments of nearly unintelligible muttering, they appeared.

"Maybe you two should call it a night."

"No, no no, " Scott shook his head, helping Jean to stand up, "this conversation is just getting interesting. So little Kitty Pryde got a face full of your--"

Jean's hands covered his mouth. "Be nice. Poor Kitty." Jean sat on the desk, knocking off Calculus finals and the pencil can. Pencils scattered.

Scott took Jean's hand off his mouth. "That's probably why she's been staring at your crotch."

"Poor Kitty?" Logan tapped out the cigar in a ceramic dish with a few paperclips in it. He should leave, quit the conversation right now before--

"Oh, I didn't mean it like that. I'm sure it was very enlightening for her, getting so close to your crotch and all, but I mean poor Kitty that they're teasing her like that."

"You sneak an extra little pick-me-up in your beers, Darlin'?"

"Very enlightening? What's that supposed to mean, Jean?" Sitting beside her, Scott knocked his grade books onto the floor.

"Oh, just that she's the most naive of those girls, Jubilee being the most precocious, of course--"

"That reminds me, did you ever..."?

"It's not our business, remember? Anyway, even Rogue, who can't touch knows more than Kitty does."

"Yeah, Kitty can't even say penis, let alone even know what one looks like. Now she knows what one feels like."

"Let's clear something up here, you two. I wasn't exactly hard at the time." They obviously didn't believe him. Shit. You asked for it, bub. You could be in your room right now, blissfully asleep, but no, you had to go and start this conversation. Aww, shit. "I wasn't."

"No one said you were, but landing on a man like that doesn't exactly--"

"She doesn't know anything more than she did."

"Of course not--"

Temper exploded. "Fuck Summers, what the hell do you think I am, a pedophile, a child molester?"

Jean slid off the desk and tried to hand Logan another beer. "Here, Logan, just..."

He took it, threw it at the bookshelves. Glass shattered, beer pooling on the floor. "I'm not some sick pervert who'd get a stiffie over a fifteen year old girl and drag her into his room and I'm tired of you insinuating it!"

"I never said that." Scott's buzz was disappearing rapidly and it occurred to him that Logan actually seemed...hurt, and somehow more human because of it.

"Really. When I stabbed Marie, what did you think she was doing there? I mean really? What was the first thought that ran through your mind?"

"I'll admit I did wonder..."

"Then you took a joke and pounded it to death. Yes, it's amusing that all those girls follow me around. It's amusing how they behave. I'll talk the talk, say what's on my mind, what's obvious, like the fact that they flaunt their bodies, but I'd never, ever take advantage of any of those girls, no more than you would."

"I know," Scott, for once, had no trouble swallowing his pride where Logan was concerned, "and I apologize. I'm sorry, Logan, sometimes I don't know when to quit."

Jean blinked, but didn't move.

"I'll carry Ororo to her room." Logan stood, the burst of anger gone, Scott's apology leaving him strangely drained.

"Logan." Scott moved around the desk. "I trust you with any of the girls, I thought you realized that. I know you'd never...."

Logan held up a hand, stopping Scott in mid-sentence. "Call it a night. For Gods' sake let's call it a night."


An hour later Logan lay in bed, staring at the ceiling. You wanted it out in the open, the topic discussed, so why do you feel worse? I'll tell you why, bub. Summers apologized, something you never thought he was man enough to do. That's why. He sighed and reached for the light switch, a knock on his door stilling his hand.

"Yeah?"

The door opened a crack and he smelled Marie's scent.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, why?"

"Ah don't know. Ah just woke up and...it felt like you needed me...sorry Ah bothered you." She began easing the door shut.

"Marie."

It opened again. "What?"

"Your friends...the girls...Kitty, Jubilee and the rest of them...they do know I'd never hurt them, don't they?"

Marie blinked, tilted her head as though confused. "Huh? Hurt...?"

"Physically."

"Physically?"

She still seemed confused, so he said it bluntly. "Sexually. They know I'd never hurt them sexually."

That really got her attention and she moved a few steps into his room. "Logan?"

"I'd never do anything to them like that, they do know that."

"Of course. You have to ask?" She crossed to him, sat on the edge of the bed beside him, her gloved hand finding his and slipping into it. "Do ya wanna know a secret?"

"A secret?"

"This image you have as a macho, insensitive badass doesn't exist, at least not with us girls. Ah mean, c'mon, you saved mah life, you came back after you said you would and you've never behaved in the slightest improper way with any of us, even though some, who shall remain nameless--"

"Jubilee." They said together.

"--push to see what they can get away with. You don't push either, if you get mah meaning?" She meant herself, and the weird relationship they seemed to have, not quite lovers, but more than friends.

"You're like the hero in those books we all read, tough and tender, protective, honorable. You'd go the mile for any of us if we really needed you to. It doesn't have to be said. We know it." Her cheeks flushed prettily, as though she'd revealed her darkest secret, and she got up, hurrying to the door. "Ah'm gonna go before Mr. Summers finds me here. He'd freak--"

No, he wouldn't, Darlin'

"Goodnight."

"'Night." The door shut and he turned out the light. Seconds later, his whisper came in the dark. "Thank you."