Author's Chapter Notes:
Some of the drunken parts are drawing on personal experience (I enjoyed my college years). Thanks to Stacey for her help with the original outline and thanks to my partner in drink, Cate!
I got in relatively early--for me, that is--, well on the right side of the students curfew. I didn't feel like staying out all night drinking and no brain-dead redneck tried to start a fight with me, so my evening had been pretty boring by my usual standards. I returned to the Mansion and let myself in. The rec room was deserted, but I could hear several students in the dining room. Wanting to avoid students, especially the girls, I started up the stairs to my room, passing Marie's room on the way. There was no light under the door or movement within, so I didn't bother to stop.

It didn't occur to me to be alarmed when I unlocked my door. Nothing alarms me anymore, if anything ever did. Marie and Jubilee's scents were concentrated where I stood, so I knew they'd stood outside for awhile. It didn't even alarm me when I got the door open and still smelled them. Jubilee picks locks almost as frequently as Remy LeBeau. Big deal. Marie sometimes sneaks in, does my laundry and sneaks it back, leaving nice neat piles of clean clothes on my bed that I shove off onto the floor.

What?

I'm a guy; I don't have to be neat.

Since I hate doing laundry--there's something so girly about it--I don't really mind her coming in when I'm not there. Maybe the whole laundry/Marie thing should bother me, but it doesn't. She can do my laundry all the time if she wants. I'm more inclined to buy new clothes than wash them now, so she saves me money that way.

I glanced around the room after turning on the light. Something wasn't right, I just knew it.

Laundry basket full of laundry.

A trickle of unease worked through me and I started to feel like Scott must when I grin at him as I noticed the whiskey bottles on my dresser.

The day before Jean had said, "If you're gonna line those bottles up, Logan, then lock your door. Or better yet, put them somewhere else."

Those bottles were shifted. One was missing.

I counted them. Six. There should have been seven. Damn. Jubilee and Marie's scents were heavy right by the dresser and my bottle of Southern Comfort was missing.

Where had those two gone?

I set my considerable tracking skills at finding two teenage girls with a whiskey bottle. Neither of them weighed very much, so it shouldn't be too hard to find two tipsy teens.

I heard them before I saw them.

"He is so hot, Rogue. I think his ass is so very fine. Very, very...The depic...dipsh...depscription of the word fine is 'Logan's ass'."

I settled down in the shadows to watch.

"Fine is like so perfect a word for his ass, Rogue."

Marie was nodding in the wise way drunks do.

"Ah hear ya, Jubie. Ya know, the first time Ah saw him, Ah thought, Wow," She slung her arm around her friend, and held up her hand, punctuating her words with a finger, "he had no shirt on, lookin' damn fine, all bare chest and muscle and a big belt buckle."

"Mmm-mmm, girl. I walked into the gym awhile back..."

"Did it hurt?" Marie giggled and took a swig from the bottle.

Jubilee either ignored her or didn't hear her. "He was workin' out, no shirt on, sweat dripping from those gleaming, hard muscles, tight six pack abs...it was all I could do not to stand still and drool."

"Jubie, you drool anyway. There're these like puddles of drool..."

The younger girl giggled tipsily. "Yeah, but I didn't stand there like a dummy. I walked around and got a better look of that ass of his."

Yeah, I'd noticed that. Subtlety is not Jubilee's forte.

"Well, Ah got the best look of the both of us."

Silence while they passed the bottle between them.

"When? You walk in on him in the shower?"

"Well," Marie hiccupped, then belched impressively," 'Member when Ah got kidnapped by Magnetic an' they all went after me?"

"Logan saved you. Good man. He's a good man, Rogue, like in a romance novel, the hero with the big..." She took another swig, "belt buckle."

"Yeah, it was big. Well, they had to work on him in the Blackbird an' Ah guess he didn't think he needed to wear anything under the leather uniform..."

So what if I like to go commando?

"No way!"

"Yes, way! What was Ah sayin'?"

"Leather and Logan, a fuckin' wonderful combo."

"Well, maybe he just wanted to get back at Scooter, since it was Scooter's uniform..."

"Roguey!"

"Jubie?"

"Naked!"

She looked down at herself for a moment, then nodded. "Oh yeah, Logan! Very naked, as in bare-ass, wake-up-honey-cause-mama-wants-to-go-to-town naked. An' Ah tell ya, Jubie, Ah never seen a man so nicely set outside of those doctored photos in that porn mag we swiped from Ms. Munroe."

Interesting. Ororo's magazine or had she confiscated it from a student?

"Ah think wow."

"I'm sooo jealous." Jubilee tipped the bottle back, hit her head on the tree behind her and set the bottle down. "We got a dead soldier here."

Marie picked it up, turned it upside down and shook it. "Casualty of war."

"Boxers or briefs?"

"What?"

"What does he wear? Boxers or briefs? You do his laundry."

Marie waved a hand. "Oh that. Both."

"Silk or cotton?"

"Both."

My only consolation was that Jubilee would be too hung-over in the morning to remember.

"He seems to like black and some really funky colors, like mauve and day-glo orange."

"Mauve underwear?" Jubilee made a face, nose scrunched up.

"No, shirts. Pay attention short-attention-span-girl, shirts. Mauve and orange shirts."

"Maybe he's like, partially color blind? That'd explain his fixation on black."

She was drunk and Jubilee hit on it. Some colors are harder to tell.

"Leave the bottle?" Marie staggered to her feet and reached down to help Jubilee. Her ankles turned over and she landed on her rear, glancing around to make sure no one saw her. They managed to get to their feet by hanging onto each other and the tree.

"Yeah." Hand over her mouth, Jubilee gasped.

"You gonna ralph?" Marie was grinning, like she thought it'd be funny.

"DNA."

"Huh?"

"DNA. They'll know it was us! Saliva!"

Okay, Jubilee was a stupid drunk.

"No way..."

"They got testing fashtitities...foos...labs!"

"Nooo!" Marie also covered her mouth. "Ah never thought of that!"

And now I knew Marie was also a stupid drunk.

They proceeded to hide the bottle under a bush and began weaving their drunken way back to the mansion. I followed at a discreet distance--just to make sure they didn't hurt themselves. Yeah, that was it. The fact that they were better entertainment than Friday night t.v. had nothing to do with it.

They stopped under one tree.

"Is he still there?" Jubilee whispered.

Marie peered at the sky. "Still following us."

"Make him stop, he's bothering me."

"Ah can't."

"If I wanted a moon tan, I'd strip down."

I smothered a laugh.

Marie began singing. "Swing low, sweet chariot..."

Jubilee joined in. "Comin' for to carry me home..."

They staggered on, singing, for a little while before Jubilee shushed Marie. "I heard something!"

"It was us. We were singing a duel-et."

Yeah, their singing wasn't the best in the world.

"No, it was another strange noise." She whirled around," Hi-ya!" tried to kick the forsythia bush and landed on her rear when Marie released her arm. Marie waved her arms wildly and tried to keep from going over too. Jubilee directed an evil expression towards the sky.

Those girls were so drunk, they didn't notice me only a few feet away.

"Damn moon. It made me fall, shining in my eyes like that." Jubilee sighed. "You hot? I'm hot." She peeled off her shirt.

I waited for Marie to do the same, but even drunk, she's cautious.

"Are we there yet?" Jubilee whined.

It's a good thing Scott doesn't have super-hearing. Jubilee's outside voice was even louder than her inside voice. As it was, I'm sure she woke half the Mansion.

"We gotta sober up."

"I don't wanna."

"We gotta get past Scott."

"Aww fuck, just kill me now! I'm never gonna graduate."

"You go on ahead of me. Ah'll head him off and meet you at the top of the stairs."

They lay on the lawn for an hour. I waited patiently.

"I gotta piss." Jubilee announced cheerfully.

"Am Ah the only one that can feel the world spinnin' on its axis?"

"Sparkle, sparkle little twink. Inder the unfluence of incahol, I think..."

Jubilee put her shirt back on, inside out and backwards, and they staggered to their feet again.
"Whaddya think he's like in bed?" Jubilee flung her arm around Marie's shoulders, nearly knocking them over.

"Who, Scott?"

"No, Logan."

"Ah don' know, but he's made plenty of women scream his name over and over."

Oh yeah. I sometimes forget she's got my memories in her mind.

"So, when're you gonna scream it?"

"What, now?"

"No, with him."

"Ah don' know. Ah think he still sees me as a kid, although Ah have caught him starin' at my tits lately."

"Yeah. He never looks at mine. No one looks at mine. I don't even look at them if I can help it."

"What's wrong with 'em?"

"They're tiny. Look." She held up her shirt. "I got tiny tits. I'm an L-double-N-K. Little Nanny No Knockers. No one ever tried to cop a feel either, except Remy, but he don' count."

"Why not? They look fine to me Jubie. Course Ah'd rather look at Logan's dick than your tits any day, so Ah'm probably not the best judge."

"Remy's a perv. He'll feel up anything that looks female."

Let me get this straight: Jubilee has a crush on LeBeau and Marie wants to look at my dick? Good to know, the latter, I mean. The former too, if I ever have to shut the little mall rat up.

"He's a good-lookin' perv, Jubie."

"Don't he know it, too? Struttin' around, doin' his God's gift to women bit, no shirt and that kickin' bod..."

Didn't I come in on a similar conversation?

"I admit it!" Jubilee spread her arms. "I wanna see Remy's dick!"

Marie laughed and fell into the fountain.

Oh, fuck. They weren't getting past Summers in that condition. Not with Jubilee yelling about Remy's dick and Marie sopping wet.

Either it was a damn good coincidence or someone, somewhere likes me, for Jean's voice was suddenly in my mind.

--Logan, is that you outside by the fountain? --

--Not me, Red. It's Marie and Jubilee. --

--What are they doing out there? They woke me up. --

--Well, they're drunk off their asses and hiding out from Scooter while trying to sober up. --

--Logan, I warned you about those bottles. --

--I know Red, just distract Scooter for me, will ya? --

--Logan...--

--I'll owe you. --

--Okay. You deal with the girls then. --

--I plan on it. --

It's always disconcerting to have a conversation in one's mind like that. I always feel like a fuckin' loony when it happens.

Ten minutes later, through their open window, I heard Scott and Jean gettin' it on, and so did the girls.

"Hey, Jubie, listen."

"What?"

"You hear that?"

"What am I hearing?"

"Scooter and Jean having sex." She giggled, then smacked herself in the mouth trying to cover the noise. "Hey! Ah can't feel my lips!" Marie smacked her mouth several more times. "Hit me in the mouth; Ah can't feel it!"

Oh, that's a good idea, Darlin'.

"Do I need a boob job?" Jubilee ignored Marie's entreaties to hit her, instead lifting her shirt again. "I mean, they're so tiny it's pathetic."

"You know Ah can't feel my teeth either." She grinned. "Are my teeth still there? Jubie, look."

They looked at each other, then started giggling, Jubilee releasing her shirt.

"I gotta piss."

"Didn't you already go?"

"No. But I am," She put her hands on her hips and pushed her chest out, "Super J. who can pee standing up!"

Marie squished over to the sidewalk. "There's a bush over there."

Yeah, there was a bush where she was pointing. A rosebush.

I turned my back while Jubilee attempted to pee standing up.

"Oh, man, Roguey, it's runnin' down my leg."

I didn't need to know that.

"Ah thought you were 'Super J.'"

"My powers don't include peeing up. I mean standing up. I mean peeing."

I heard her zip her shorts and turned back around.

Good God.

Marie had her top off.

My eyes popped. Oh yeah. Nice, luscious, perfectly rounded breasts encased in a filmy bra. Heaven.

"I do need a boob job." Jubilee moaned, staring at Marie's chest. "Otherwise I'll never compare to you and no one'll ever look at my girls."

Marie squeezed out her wet shirt. "Give Remy a chance."

"He's a slut. And a perv."

Pulling her shirt back on, Marie started walking towards the door.

She zigzagged from one side to the other. "Jubie?"

"Uh-huh?" Jubilee wasn't in much better shape. She was barely stumbling along.

"Are you walking a straight line?"

"I don't know. Is the sidewalk moving?"

"Ah think so."

They went in the front door and I bolted around back.

Heh, heh, heh.



"Hi girls."

Jubilee's mouth dropped open and Marie stabbed blindly at their door lock with her key. There was a trail of water down the hall.

I sauntered towards them, having hastily removed shirt and shoes so as to be shirtless and shoeless. I knew the effect my half-clothed body had on them sober and was looking forward to an interesting drunken reaction. "Whaddya up to?"

Jubilee sighed loudly, eyes devouring me. She leaned on Marie. "Am I hallucamanatin'? Cause I'm seein' Logan all half-nekkid." She smiled a goofy smile.

Marie kept hitting the door with the key, not getting anywhere near the lock, her eyes fixed on my chest. "Ah see him too, J."

"Oh goodie, then he's real!" Her eyes widened. "Oh, bad, we're fucked, chica!"

Marie dropped the keys, bent to pick them up, lost her balance and hit her forehead on the door. "Oh, crap!"

"Careful, Darlin'" I reached out to help her up, but she sat back against Jubilee's legs, the other girl falling towards me. I caught her on reflex, then let us fall back to the floor. Slowly. So slowly, that only a drunk would fail to realize it was slow.

They were very drunk.

Scott would have a heart attack if he walked out and saw me with a drunk Jubilee stretched out across my chest.

"You girls been drinkin'."

Marie whimpered, got the door open and stumbled in, abandoning Jubilee in her haste. The door swung shut and there was a thump and a click.

I rolled Jubilee off me and peered under their door. The crack was wide enough to see that Marie had passed out right there. I knocked, jiggled the doorknob, but she didn't rouse. Damn. I glanced at Jubilee. She was making dust angels on the floor and giggling softly. Oh fuck.



My night went downhill from there.

Puke and my senses don't make a good combination, and I thought Jubilee was never going to quite. She heaved and heaved and heaved some more, getting it all over the place. She got it in her hair, on her shirt, her shorts...everywhere. Scooter would have killed me on the spot if he'd caught me bathing the girl.

What else could I do?

Jean and Scott were asleep, Ororo gone for the evening, and most of Jubilees friends were also gone. Marie was passed out. I suppose I could have gotten Jean, but then she'd be grouchy in the morning and a grouchy telekinetic telepath is not something I want to experience more than once.

So, I bathed Jubilee and dressed her in one of my shirts and a pair of drawstring waist shorts. The whole time she moaned and groaned.

"I'm never gonna drink again! Everything hurts and my head won't quit spinning and I feel like I'm gonna ralph again!"

I tucked her into my bed, carefully turning her onto her side with the wastebasket near her head, then picked up her clothes. Curiously, I looked at the label of her bra. A 'B'. And she's worried? I shook my head, wrapped her clothes in the towel I'd used to dry her, and settled in the chair by the bed. A plan formed in my mind and I drifted to sleep.



Mornings were always so cheerful and disgusting at Xavier's, all those little shits awake at the crack of dawn screaming down the halls while I'm trying to sleep. I woke before any of them and dragged Jubilee down the hall.

"Do your business and get back out here. Five minutes and I come in after you." She stared at me, blinked several times and shuffled into the bathroom. When she came out, she was holding her head.

"Pain..."

"It's called a hangover. Enjoy it."

"Ohhh, I don't feel so good."

I pounded on their door loudly, obnoxiously, until Marie jerked the door open and I saw she'd spent the entire night on the floor. Jubilee slid down the wall beside me to sit on the floor, her head in her arms. Marie peered up at me with a grimace and a glare.

"Mah head hurts."

She's so cute when she's petulant and accusing, like I was the one who made her drink Southern Comfort. "I know. Get up and out here, Marie."

"Why?"

"Because the day is just beginning for you girls."

"Ah need a shower."

"You're not getting one. Get in the bathroom. Five minutes and I'm coming after you."

"Ah need clean clothes."

"What you need is a nice, big breakfast and some exercise." She mumbled something under her breath. "What was that?"

"Nothing."

"Didn't sound like nothing. In fact, it sounded an awful lot like "Fuck you". Did you actually say that to me?"

"You weren't supposed to hear that."

"Well, I did. Brush your teeth and let's go."

Ten minutes later, at the early hour of six-fifteen a.m., when only Scott, Jean and Ororo were eating breakfast, I marched Marie and Jubilee into the dining area, filled two plates with eggs, bacon and other assorted items and sat them down at one table. "Dig in." I got myself a plate, sneered at Scott, winked at the women and sat across from the two hung-over girls.

Marie was faintly green.

Jubilee toyed with her eggs, chewing slowly on a piece of toast.

"You're sadistic." Marie's lip curled and she shoved the plate away. "Ah can't eat."

I shoved the plate back. "Yes you can."

Jubilee still didn't say anything, glancing at me warily, probably wondering why she was wearing my clothes. She forced herself to eat.

"Maybe Ah can, but Ah won't."

Come on, Marie, get pissy. Let's see who wins that match.

"Girls. Logan. What's going on here?"

Scott stood by our table.

"Nothing I can't handle, boy."

He leaned down, looked at both of them for several long moments before turning his head to look at me.

"It's taken care of, Cyke."

He grinned, actually grinned at me. "Carry on then."

"Carry on?" Marie glared at him as he moved away.

"You're two asses are mine today, Marie. Isn't that right, Cyke?"

He paused at the door. "Sorry girls. If I'd caught you, I'd let you deal with your hangovers, then punish you, but hey, wasn't me, so you're stuck. Enjoy your day." He left whistling.

I finished my breakfast and waited while Jubilee ate. For once, I savored my coffee instead of gulping it down and running for cover from the kids. Marie alternately stared at her plate, then me. "Those eggs won't be too good cold, Marie."

"Ah'm not eating and you can't make me."

Jubilee shuddered. "I need something to drink."

"Hair of the dog?"

"Huh?"

Jean came to the table, carrying two large glasses of dark, carbonated beverage and wearing a smile that would have made even Mystique think twice before crossing her. "Here you go girls. I noticed neither of you had anything to drink." She set the drinks down and returned to her own table.

Marie picked up one glass and took a nice, long swig.

I waited, having seen the combination of soda and hangover many times before. It was priceless. Her eyes got wide and she started coughing immediately after swallowing. Then, she started crying; one hand flat on her chest and head bowed. Never having had the privilege of a hangover, I could only imagine the agony she was in, although Jean had once explained it to me as 'razorblades scraping down the inside of your throat and into your stomach.'

Jubilee looked at her glass, then me. I could almost hear her thoughts. She knew I was going to make her drink it, so she scrunched up her face and chugged the glassful. Her reaction was similar to Marie's, except she got up and made a mad dash for the bathroom down the hall.

"Ah hate you."

"You love me."

"Ah. Hate. You. You're the most sadistic, arrogant..."

"Eat."

"No."

"Eat."

"You can't make me, Logan."

"Say that one more time and I will."

She crossed her arms and gave me that defiant look of hers, luscious lips set in a firm line and one delicate eyebrow raised, daring me to make good on my threat. "Make me."

Forty-five minutes later, we left the dining room, me, Marie and Jubilee, the only sign of my victory in the eating department being a sticky smear of strawberry jam on Marie's cheek.

It's nice to have a telekinetic for a friend.

Was I going too far? Had I already overstepped my bounds?

Probably, but boy was it ever fun.

My girl will get even with me though. Marie's like that. She'll usually wait until you've forgotten the incident and then...Boom.

I couldn't wait.

"What're we doin' in the boy's dorm?" Jubilee smoothed her hair; obviously concerned some little pipsqueak like LeBeau would see her looking less than her best.

Opening the janitor's supply closet, I got out cleaning supplies and handed them to the girls. "You two are going to clean the bathroom."

Marie opened the door. Toilet paper was in trails across the floor, paper towels overflowed the wastebasket and somebody had decorated the mirror with shaving cream. It smelled like dirty sweat socks and one light bulb was burnt out. "And they think we're pigs?"

"Eeauw."

I brought a chair from down the hall and waited while they replaced paper towels and toilet paper rolls, emptied the wastebasket and cleaned the mirror. From one stall came Jubilee's voice.

"For a good time go to room...ask for...she'll...Hey! I don't do that!"

Miraculously, no one decided to piss or shower the whole time they cleaned.

"Are we done yet, Logan?"

"I don't know, Marie, did you clean the showers, too?"

Her scream brought several boy's to look out their doors, but when they saw me, they quickly shut them again.

"There's...slime in here Logan."

"Oh yeah? Should be a cleaner there to get rid of it."

Jubilee puked again.

How could that girl hold that much? She threw up enough for at least two grown men, I'm sure.

It took them two hours to finish the bathroom.

Next, was the track.



"You'll run eight laps around the track and I mean run, no walking or stopping."

"My head hurts." Jubilee whimpered, but tied her running shoes.

Marie was really turning green now, her breath fast and shallow. "That's two miles."

"Should be easy for you both."

Those were lovely daggers Marie shot at me with her eyes.

They began their run and I admit, I was proud of Marie. She only had one-quarter mile left before she tossed her breakfast in the bushes.



"I hate the stables. They're dirty, smelly, and all the horses are mean to me."

"Shut up, Jubilee. Why'd you have to tell him it was my idea?"

"I thought he'd let me get some painkiller."

"Yeah, thanks. I just love shoveling horse shit."

Ah, the bonds of friendship....



"Lunchtime."

I grabbed them both before they could disappear up the stairs.

"Where are you two going? I get you the whole day."

"A shower." Marie dug her fingers into my hand, trying to get me to let go.

"No shower."

"Logan."

"I mean it, Marie."

She looked away. "This is humiliating."

"Maybe next time you'll think twice before stealing from me and getting stinking drunk."

"And we are stinking right now, Rogue." Jubilee studied her chipped nail polish with a sigh.

"Fine. What's next? Water torture? Strobe lighting?"

"Close." I motioned towards the dining room. "Shepherd's Pie and soda."



Lunch was every bit as fun as breakfast, except Marie ate rather than have her friends see me force-feed her. The mall rat finished first and laid her head on her arms with a yawn that popped her jaw. Her heart rate had begun to slow when Scott sat beside her.

"Hi girls!"

He kept his voice just loud enough to grate on their nerves.

"Isn't it beautiful today?"

"Mr. Summers?"

"Yeah Rogue?"

"If you yell in my ear one more time, you're never gonna father children. Ever."

"Mmm. Someone's still grouchy."

It was a nice threat, neatly delivered, but Scotty-boy and I've been playing pissing games so long that her little threat was nothing to him. Water off a ducks back.

"Drink a little much last night?"

Marie's hand curled around her knife and I wrestled it from her before she could attack him.

Jubilee had lifted her head and was wincing with each word.

"We should work on our bikes today, Logan."

"That's the plan."

"Maybe wash a car or two."

"As soon as Marie finishes."

When she pays me back, I'm in for it big time.



The girls leaned back against Scott's car next to the hose while we pretended to be having mechanical problems requiring us to start the bikes over and over. We did this for over an hour before Jubilee fell asleep. She was really tired. There were even bags under her eyes.

Scott handed me the hose and went to turn it on as Marie scrambled out of the way.

"J.! Wake up!"

Too late.

Jubilee was soaking wet by the time she finally came to consciousness. She staggered to her feet, and was staring stupidly at her wet clothes when who else but the object of her secret crush, Remy LeBeau, came around the side of the house.

He stopped, looked her up and down, a grin quirking his lips. "Hello, P'tite. We havin' a wet t-shirt contest? You gonna take off de wet shirt?"

She whimpered.

"Dey look good, Cher. Remy bet you win first prize in de perky category."

Scott reappeared towel in hand. "Here, Jubilee."

She whimpered again.

Marie grabbed the towel and moved to her. "Get lost, Swamp rat!"

Remy shrugged. "Remy only encouraging de P'tite."

"What's going on?" Scott looked at LeBeau, who smiled at Jubilee again, then sauntered off.

"How much more humiliating is this day going to get?" Marie wrapped Jubilee in the blanket and walked to me. "First, you get us up at the ass crack of dawn, make us eat, clean the boy's bathroom--"

"That's disgusting, Logan. You know we have to pay the cleaning women extra for that?" Scott quipped.

"--run two miles, clean the stables, eat Shepherd's Pie--"

"You made them eat that? No one eats it. We always have leftovers."

"--and then spend over an hour listening to you start them damn bikes over and over. Apparently that's not enough though. You had to go and get Jubes sopping wet and let Remy see her like that. She's traumatized! Can you see that? You've scarred her for life!"

Jubilee was staring straight ahead with a shell-shocked expression on her face, swaying slightly.

Scott leaned over towards me. "You know we did Macbeth last spring."

"Yeah?"

"Rogue was the best Lady Macbeth I'd seen in a school production in a long time."

I looked at the girls. "You both like theater, huh? Well, I found a video of 'Oklahoma!' in the library..."

"You'll love it." Scott smiled at the girls.

Somehow, I suspect Marie will get even with him later, too.



I watched it with them, if only to keep them awake, then took them to the dining room for dinner.

Gumbo.

Remy LeBeau's recipe.

And they thought the soda earlier was murder on their stomachs.

Nice, spicy, Cajun cooking. Gotta love it.



I was tempted to release them, but when Marie 'accidentally' dumped her bowl of hot gumbo on my lap...well, let's just say that reason didn't prevail. Burns aren't a picnic even if I do have a healing factor, so I put them to work in the dish room, letting Berta, the cook, supervise while I went off to my room to heal and change jeans. At nine-thirty, I rescued them, sent them upstairs to clean up and went outside to smoke a couple cigars.

She was in no shape to get even that night, so I relaxed on the front steps, smoking and thinking.



"Are you sure, Rogue?"

"Quit looking so worried, Bobby."

He glanced through the open door at Jubilee, who was asleep on top of her covers, face down on the pillow, arms hanging off the sides. She was snoring. "It's a good prank and all, but isn't he a little...volatile?"

"No, no, no, Bobby. Logan enjoys a good practical joke. He won't be mad."

Bobby bit his lip, then nodded. "Okay, I'll do it."

"Tonight?" Rogue pouted until he nodded again. "Good. Good luck, Bobby."

He headed down the hall towards Logan's room, and Rogue shut her door. She looked at Jubilee, then finished getting ready for bed and picked up the historical romance she'd borrowed from Kitty. She'd just set down the book and climbed into bed when she heard,

SNICKT!

"Drake! You little shit! You better have life insurance!"

She smiled serenely and turned out the light.

One down, one to go.