Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to Gamma, for pointing out the bits I need to work on. Luv U Honey!

Summary: He had betrayed her trust, used her body against Carol, and generally been an asshole.
Title: Control 6/?
Author: sharonmjl47
Rating: NC-17
Category: Movieverse.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, and no one. Sad, isn’t it!
Feedback: Please, bad or good. If no one tells me it’s bad, I won’t know!

**********************

Carol took their moment of distraction and ran with it. She grabbed Jubilee and pushed her into Logan. They both fell back, and Jubilee hit her head on the bars of Carol’s cell. Blood poured from her forehead, and she tried to shake off the dizziness and stay conscious. Logan regained his footing easily and got hold of Carol’s arm before she could get the door open. She turned on him, got two strong handfuls of his shirt, and slammed his back into the door.

“Tables turned, baby!” She kneed him in the groin. He let out a loud groan and fell to his knees, gasping for breath; even his regeneration couldn’t cope with the sheer strength of her.

Carol giggled, turned to the door, drew back, and kicked it. It flew off its hinges and smashed into the wall opposite, the noise echoing through the lower levels of the mansion.

Inside the med lab, Hank, Scott, and Kitty all jumped as something crashed into the wall outside. Scott looked at both of them. “Stay here.” He left the med lab and walked into the main corridor in time to see Carol rip the fused-out collar from around her neck.

She looked up from the broken metal in her hands and smiled at Scott. “Well hiya, Scotty.” She let it drop to the floor with a loud clank. Scott swallowed the lump in his throat and took a wary step back. “How are we today? Stomach all better?” She smiled again and gave a little jump towards him. “BOO!” Then started laughing as he jumped back further.

Jubilee heard her laughing as she got up and tried to help Logan to his feet. She couldn’t manage to hold herself up, so he ended up helping her sit on the floor, her vision swimming in front of her and threatening to make her sick. He pressed a finger to his lips to indicate she needed to stay quiet. She took a deep breath, nodded weakly, and rested her head back against the cold wall and fell unconscious.

Scott raised his hand to his glasses just as Logan appeared in the corridor behind her. She didn’t seem to notice, and Scott said nothing to alert her. He simply kept his eyes on her, letting Logan get close.

“Now, Scott, you can’t use you little red beam in here…” She gestured to the metal corridor and then tapped the side of her head. “I know you can’t control it properly without that nifty visor of yours. So let’s not even try it, shall we? Besides…” She shrugged and raised her elbow, jutting it backwards sharply and hitting Logan in the face. “You wouldn’t want to hit Logan!”

He dropped like a stone onto his back, blood all over his face pouring from him; she had hit him superhumanly hard, driving the bone of his nose back and up into his brain. On any other person, it would have killed them instantly. Logan simply lay unconscious while his mutation healed the vast damaged done to his brain and face.

She turned back to Scott and shrugged again. “You’d think he’d be more of a challenge, wouldn’t you?”

Scott dove sideways, back through the med lab door and shut it. He knew that Logan would heal. He had already seen his chest rise and fall with easy breathing, and knew Logan would be ok. He felt terrible at leaving Logan to basically fend for himself, but his fear of the women was immense after the damage she had done to him the first time. Scott turned to Kitty and Hank. “Help me block this door! QUICKLY!”

Carol shook her head at the voices behind the door. “Like I’m interested in you anyway! God, Scott, paranoid much!” She turned around and swung her hips towards Logan. Stopping by his unconscious form, she swung her leg over him and sat down across his waist.

He groaned as she punched him on the side of his face, splitting the skin by his eye briefly before it healed over. Grabbing his shirt with one hand, she shouted at him and punched him with each word. “WHAT’S …SO …SPECIAL …ABOUT …HER, …HUH? SHE’S …WEAK, …SHE’S …NOTHING, …JUST …A …STUPID …LITTLE …GIRL. TOO …DIM …EVEN …TO …NOTICE …HOW …YOU …FEEL. WHY. DON’T. YOU. WANT. ME?” She stopped hitting him and yelled in his bloody and unconscious face. “TELL ME, YOU SON OF A BITCH! TELL ME! TELL ME! TELL ME! TELL MEEE!”

She got up and walked away, leaving him bleeding all over the floor. The pain in the back of her mind grew, and cradling her head in her hands, she staggered to the end of the bright corridor and banged her fist on the door leading into Cerebro and the Professor. “STOP!” She hit the door another three times, leaving big dents in the metal.

“Mmmarie…” She turned to see Logan on his side trying to get up.

The pain increased even more. She fell against the door and slid to the floor. Her eyes stayed opened wide as her body began to twist and convulse on the floor. Her jaw clamped tightly shut, and her hands fisted painfully as she fitted. Blood trickled from her nose until her body went limp and her eyes slid shut slowly.

_________________________

Hank stood over Logan, instructing him to hold the ice-pack directly over his forehead and nose. He growled and moaned and, much to Hank’s annoyance, wouldn’t keep still. He kept insisting on looking over the other side of the med lab every few minutes. That’s where Rogue lay. Or Carol, they weren’t sure yet. She hadn’t woken up.

She was on her side, arms curled into her like a sleeping child but held in leather medical restraints, oxygen tubes in her nose, which was still slightly bloodstained, and a grey shade to her skin. Monitors beeped and chimed around her, telling those who knew how to read them that she was alive, breathing, heart beating, stable. But they couldn’t tell if she was Marie, or if Carol would still be there when she woke up.

Xavier had emerged from Cerebro to find Hank rushing a bleeding and once-again-fitting Rogue into the med lab and Kitty and Scott helping Logan to his feet and into the lab. When Logan’s healing had worked enough to allow him to speak, he pointed Scott in the direction of Jubilee, who was still propped up against the wall where Logan had left her. Scott carried her into the lab, and Hank promptly gave her something to help her regain consciousness.

Xavier said that he thought it had worked, but there was no way of knowing until Rogue woke up and allowed him into her mind to check. That had been two hours ago.

Jubilee was now sitting cross-legged on the exam table next to Logan. She had been sick several times, and Hank insisted that she stay in the med lab, pointing out that “unspotted side effects of a head injury can be fatal, my dear.”

Logan stood up and threw the ice-pack on the exam bed, running his hand through his damp hair with a growl. His head hurt like crazy, and it had only been the last 20 minutes or so that he’d been able to see properly. Glancing at Jubilee, he noticed that her eyes still hadn’t left Marie. He sighed and rubbed his face. He felt useless and frustrated.

“Ya think it’ll be her?”

Logan didn’t have to look at Jubilee to know she was crying. He could smell the salt from her tears mixed in with the normal plasma smell she had because of her plasma based mutation. “Don’t know.”

He turned and watched her hastily wipe away a tear from her face. Her tears and washing her face after being sick had removed all her makeup, and she looked like a kid again, like the annoying little brat that had hung around with Marie when they had first got to the mansion. Someone he had eventually got to know and thought was *ok* by his standards, which, according to Marie, meant he liked her a lot.

Moving next to her, he wrapped a strong arm around her shoulders, and she immediately collapsed into him, sobbing for all she was worth. He wrapped the other arm around her and let her cry, rubbing her back gently. Despite how he felt, it made him realise it must have been awful for her to be attacked by her best friend. He knew that all the kids at the school, past and present, all had an unwritten rule to never use their mutations on one another. And Jubilee had had to do just that. Even though on the inside it wasn’t Marie, it must still be hard for her.

She pulled back from him, wiped her face, and smiled at him. “I’m so telling everyone you’re just a big softie.” He couldn’t help but laugh at that; so did she. Then she thought she shouldn’t be laughing, and she started crying again, immediately falling back into Logan’s embrace.

Another hour passed before Rogue stirred. Her eyes opened slowly, and she saw a hand, slim pale fingers, with nicely shaped nails at the ends. The fingers on the hand moved as they came into focus, a small twitch, nothing more, and she realised that it was her hand. She tried to move it, but it wouldn’t budge. It just jerked weakly. She frowned at her own hand as if it was doing it on purpose, and then she noticed the thick leather restraint around her wrists tightly secured to the side of the bed. Her head hurt, and she wanted to rub it. She wanted to move her hands. She couldn’t understand why she was restrained, or why she wasn’t allowed to rub her head.

“Hello, Rogue.” His voice was quiet, almost a whisper and calm. Her full brown eyes looked up to meet the calm blue eyes of Charles Xavier. He sighed in immense relief.

“H…hey.” Her voice felt sore, like she had been shouting a lot. “What’s going on?”

“You’re very weak. I need you to let me into your mind, Rogue. It’s very important. Can you do that?”

She nodded. If Xavier said it was important, then it must be. “I won’t hurt you. I promise.” He closed his eyes for around ten seconds and then opened them again with a smile. “Go back to sleep. I’ll explain everything later when you’re feeling up to it.”

“Logan…”

Xavier wondered if she wanted to see him, or if she meant that she didn’t, her mind was so jumbled he couldn't tell. “Jubilee was quite upset, and Dr McCoy instructed him to take her upstairs to rest. Nothing will keep him away. He’ll be back in a moment.”

“Mmm… k.” Her eyes drifted shut, and she was asleep again in moments.

Xavier turned his chair towards the door as Logan came back through, and Hank joined him at the Professor side. Hank spoke to Logan first. “Is Jubilee alright?”

“Yeah, she’s nursing some coffee and Advil. She’ll be fine. What about Rogue?”

“She woke up very briefly, and it was Rogue, not Carol. I was able to check her mind for a little less than ten seconds. It’s very jumbled at the moment. She needs time to rest, her body as well as her mind. She needs time to heal, but as far as I can tell, Miss Danvers is no longer present. In fact, and I will need Rogue to confirm this, but all other consciousness in her mind are gone. It wasn’t my intention, but given the circumstances, I had no choice.”

Hank nodded with a smile and went to check the monitors surrounding Marie. Logan hung his head and shoved his hands in his pockets, frustrated he couldn’t talk to her, tell her how he felt, tell her he was sorry, tell her *anything*, the weather, the colour of his shirt, *anything*.

Xavier put his hand gently on Logan’s arm. “She asked for you.” After meeting Logan’s heavy gaze, he smiled and left. Hank sat at his desk and began scribbling notes on his clipboard.

Logan stood next to her bed and looked at her face. Then he let his gaze sweep over her until it landed on her wrists. “Hank, can I take the restraints off?”

He turned in his chair to look at Logan. “I see no reason not to.”

Logan immediately undid the restraints on Marie’s wrists and ankles, dropping them to the floor. He brushed some hair out of her face. She smelt hospital-ish, and he wrinkled his nose. “Can she be moved?”

Hank turned to Logan once again. “Well, yes, but…”

Before he had time to finish his sentence, Logan gently picked up Marie in his arms and carried her from the med lab. “She won’t want to wake up down here.” And with that, he was gone. Hank had a small bronze statue of Buddha on his desk. He tapped it on the head with the tip of his pencil and said a silent prayer for both Logan and Marie to come through this all right and together.

The halls of the mansion were quiet and still. Logan was grateful for it. They had told the students that Marie had been taken ill. Luckily, none of them had witnessed Carol’s attack, so none of them had asked any questions or been suspicious.

He strode down the teachers wing and came to a stop outside his door. He looked at her and then to his door, unable to decide if she would like to be in his room or not. Their last conversation hadn’t started or ended well, so he guessed that the answer would be no.

Her door opened easily, and he gently laid her down on the bed. After he covered her over with her blankets, he sat on the edge of the bed looking at her face. She still had a small split on her lower lip, but the bruise on the side of her face had gone now. Both had been from him. He secretly wished that she had never got control of her skin. He would be able to touch her now, heal the marks that he had caused. Sighing heavily, he realised that it wouldn’t change the fact that he had done it. It wouldn’t change the fact that he had hurt her, hurt her in more ways than one. He had betrayed her trust, used her body against Carol, and generally been an asshole, more than an asshole, not that that excused his behaviour ad he knew it.

Logan rose from the bed as quietly as he could and crossed to the huge chair in the corner. He didn’t like the chair. It was three times the size of a normal chair. When Marie sat in it, she looked like a miniature person sitting in a giant’s chair. It was a cream colour with a green floral print on it. Jubilee had bought it for Marie’s 21st birthday. Marie and Logan had thought it was a joke at first, but after seeing the look of complete sincerity on Jubilee’s face, Marie had pronounced she loved it and thanked her best friend. Logan knew the truth: Marie didn’t dislike it, but she would never have bought it herself. He flung Marie’s jacket out of the chair and onto the desk. He sank into it nicely and within seconds he was asleep, not realising how exhausted he was.

Twenty minutes after Logan had fallen asleep, he was woken up by the soft sleepy moans of Marie. She was shuffling around in her sleep, tangling her legs in the covers, and moaning. He couldn’t make out the words she spoke, but he noticed the light sheen of perspiration on her skin. He moved over to her, untangled her legs, and straightened her on the bed. He was about to go back to the chair, but changed his mind, settling next to her but on top of the covers. She moaned and shifted in her sleep again and, in the end, came to rest against his chest. He smiled and wrapped an arm around her, falling asleep again almost instantly.

***************END OF PART SIX