Author's Chapter Notes:
Summary: She wasn’t lying he could tell and it actually scared him….
Title: Control 2/?
Author: sharonmjl47
Rating: NC-17
Category: Movieverse.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, and no one. Sad, isn’t it!
Feedback: Please, bad or good. If no one tells me it’s bad, I won’t know!

**********************

Opening her eyes, she could see something shiney. She closed her eyes again and then opened them, trying to focus. It was the ceiling, a metal ceiling. She lifted her head forward and realised that she was tied in a sitting position on a metal chair, her hands cuffed tightly behind the back of it and her ankles cuffed to the legs. She tugged at them a little and knew she couldn’t get out of it.

She looked around the room. It was a small box room; no other furniture, windows or anything. Only she and the chair. Strip lights running along the edges of the room lit the room brightly. She tried to get her hands or legs free again, but it was no use. The cuffs were extremely tight. Thinking as quickly as she could, she tried to think about who would want her, who would grab her like this, and she hated the fact that she could only think of one person who had ever wanted to kidnap her.

She couldn’t see the door—it was behind her—but she heard it click open and then close again. A man’s footsteps echoed in the room as he walked around in front of her. Her heart rate picked up, and panic was close to gripping her completely as she looked at him. “How nice to see you again, my dear. Well, I trust?” Magneto smiled at her, his hands clasped behind his back in a very formal stance.

“Just peachy, thanks! Yourself?” Her voice was strong, and she was glad that her fear didn’t make her sound weak and girlie.

“Oh I’m well enough for an old man.” He gestured to someone behind her. Mystique, Pyro, and a blonde woman she had never seen before walked into the room and stood behind Magneto. “Now, we don’t have much time, I’m afraid, so I’m going to have to get right to business. You’re going to do a little job for me. I would ask Mystique to do it for me, but I’d wager that her presence at the Mansion wouldn’t be as acceptable as yours.” He chuckled softly.

“Why me, huh? Why is it always fucking me?” She struggled against the cuffs again.

“Well, you always seem to meet my criteria, and I couldn’t very well ask Wolverine, now could I?”

She stared at him with disgust. He smiled and held out his hand to the left. Marie watched as Mystique opened a small wooden box and took out a wrapped needle and a vial of liquid. “What the hell is that?” This time her voice was a little shaky, and she cursed herself for it.

She noticed Pyro watching her with hate in his eyes. She looked him up and down. He hadn’t change too much in the last three years since he had left them at Alkali Lake. A little taller, a little leaner, and most definitely a whole lot more dangerous. She could see it simply in the way that he stood there, eyeing her.

Magneto drew all the liquid into the needle and approached Marie. “This will hurt.” The blond woman came to Marie’s right and held her head to one side while Magneto pushed the needle all the way into her neck and injected the liquid. Marie screamed at the pain of the needle and then again at the burning sensation of the solution. “Come, come, my dear, pain is but a means to an end.”

She was breathing heavily and felt dizzy and sick. “What the… hell… was that?”

“It’s called ketamine. I’m sure you’re familiar with it.”

She was. “That’s a date-rape drug? Why would you use that on me?” She was finding it hard to focus on him in front of her. She felt drunk and sick.

“Well, you see, my dear, I have discovered that this drug also has wonderful uses in the mutant world. For example, your mutation is controlled by a ‘switch’ in your mind.” He got close to her face. “This drug makes that switch completely useless for a little while, and I can make you absorb anyone or anything I like.”

Her eyes went wide as she realised what he was going to do. “NO!” She was so weak and could barely even shout at him.

“Oh, don’t fret, my dear, it will soon be over, and then so will Charles’s precious X-Men!” He turned to the blond woman behind him. “There is no coming back from this, my dear. You will be completely absorbed.”

“I understand. It’s for the cause after all.” She looked at Marie, her gaze sweeping over her with disdain. “It won’t be all that bad. She has a decent figure. I can live with it.”

“You have your orders. Kill them all with an immediate attack and no mistakes. Take as many mutations as you think you can handle. I will trust you to carry it all out with your usual efficiency.”

Magneto stepped back with Pyro and Mystique. The blonde got close to Marie and knelt in front of her. She yanked up the hem of Marie’s trouser leg and grasped her ankle roughly. Marie tried to yank her foot away but couldn’t. She panicked as the full force of her mutation opened up. She had no control, she couldn’t stop it, and she couldn’t even slow it down. The woman poured into her as Marie screamed and convulsed in the chair.

Her name was Carol, Carol Danvers, and she was an evil nasty person. Marie could feel all of her thoughts and see her memories. She used to be a good woman, using her abilities to help where she could, until she had been captured by a secret military organisation and was raped and tortured to the edge of insanity. Driven mad and filled to the brim with hatred for humans.

She was a murderer, and Marie’s mind filled with images of her killing, as well as vivid images of her being tortured, raped and then having sex with anyone she could, men or women, just to take the pain away. Carol wanted to be the strongest, she wanted to be the ultimate, and she thought taking Marie’s body over and using it to gain an unlimited amount of power was the way to her goal.

She was already swearing at Marie and trying to force her to the back of her own mind. Marie tried to shield her own memories and feeling from Carol’s presence, but she was too strong. Now Marie knew everything about Carol and the other way round. There was no escaping her. Carol’s body collapsed and twitched on the floor, but Mystique moved forward and made sure that Carol’s hand was still touching Marie’s ankle. Soon her body stopped twitching and turned grey as every cell of life in her body was sucked into Marie. As Carol began to laugh evilly inside her mind, Marie lost consciousness.

A dark blue van pulled into the parking lot next to the main library entrance. Marie D’Ancanto stepped out of the back and smiled sweetly at Pyro.

“Make ‘em suffer, Carol.”

“Sure thing, sugar!” came the sickly sweet southern reply, and she laughed as she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before he closed the van door and sped off.

She smirked and swung her hips across the parking lot to the yellow VW bug in the corner. The key in her pocket opened the car, but before she got in, she looked at her reflection in the window. She turned and looked at her back, then lifted her hair to see her neck and shoulder. “Not bad, I suppose.” She got in and started the engine.

Twenty minutes past midnight, Logan heard her car pull into the gate and through into the garage. He watched from his window and noticed the way her hips swung. He smiled and then chuckled. She was singing to herself, and then she twirled around in the middle of the path before skipping the rest of the way into the mansion. He chuckled again, turned off his light and tv, and got into bed. She was home safe and apparently happy, so he went to sleep.

After his shower, Logan strode purposefully down the main stairs. He passed Scott who was on the way up. “Morning, Logan, good to be back?”

“Yeah. It kinda is.”

Scott stopped dead and waited for the wisecrack or the dig at him, but it never came. “Good.”

The professor was at the bottom of the stairs and greeted Logan with a smile. Then he looked past Scott and smiled at Marie (Carol) who was behind him. “Good morning, Rogue. Sleep well I trust?”

“Always, sir.” She smiled and looked at Scott who was on the step just below her. “Hi, Scott.”

“Hi, Rogue, you ok?” Scott frowned slightly at the strange way Rogue was smiling at him. There was something different about her, maybe her eyes?

Logan turned to the Professor to ask him about the days’ schedule. He wanted some time to run into town later for some new workout mats and a small gift for Marie. He watched the Professor’s smile fade as he watched Rogue and Scott, then his eyebrows drew together. When his eyes widened and he shouted, Logan was taken completely by surprise. “SCOTT!”

Before anyone could react, Carol brought a small knife from behind her back and stabbed him in the stomach. Before he could fall or double over, she pushed him. If it had been a normal person pushing him, he would have simply fallen down the stairs, but instead he flew directly backwards. He knocked into the Professor at the bottom, driving him and his chair into the back wall. Both were knocked unconscious.

Rogue jumped down the full light of stairs and landed at the bottom in front of Logan, who was too stunned to move. She giggled and innocently put her hand in front of her mouth. “Ooops!”

“Marie?” Blue, her eyes were blue, Logan knew that Marie’s eyes were beautiful chocolate brown, not blue!

She tilted her head to one side and smiled at him. “I’m sorry. Marie’s not here right now, but if you’d like to leave your name and number after the tone, she’ll get back to you! BEEP!” She laughed as she took off from the ground and flew at him, swinging a punch as she went. He couldn’t block it and flew the full length of the main corridor, smashing into the door to Xavier’s office and landing unconscious on the floor. “Indestructible, my ass!”

She turned around as Storm, Jubilee, Rockslide, and Bobby came running down the corridor. Evidently the Professor had just been able to raise the alert to all the team just before he hit his head.

“Rogue, what the hell?” Storm went to Xavier’s side, and Jubilee started seeing to Scott, taking off her cloth belt to stop the bleeding from his stomach.

She tapped the side of her head. “On vacation.”

Bobby instantly iced up and approached her. “Whoever the hell you are, get out of my friend!”

Logan got up off the floor and stumbled to the doorframe of the office just in time to see his Marie dodge a punch from Bobby, grab his arm, twist it and snap the bone like a twig. Logan slid to his knees. She had completely knocked the wind out of him and damaged more than a few internal organs; he couldn’t get up. She pushed Bobby to the side as Rockslide grabbed her from behind. His huge rocky arms engulfed her. She whined at him. “Santo, you’re hurting me!” Being the soft touch he was, he instantly let go, and she smiled as she turned and punched him in the stomach. He flew up to the ceiling with the force of it and then crashed down to the floor, knocked out cold, plaster falling around him.

Gambit and Kitty ran from the far corridor and came up behind her. Kitty saw what was happening, and she turned and ran for the elevator down to Hank’s lab. Gambit threw a card at Carol, but she caught it easily and tossed it back at him hard. It exploded in his shoulder and took him to the ground. He shouted as he landed, rolling in pain.

Storm stood in front of Carol her. “Time to end this.” She spread her arms out wide, and her eyes went pure white as she summoned a thunderstorm in the hallway. The wind howled, and the lightning rattled off the walls of the hallway, making the delicate side tables fall over and the paintings struggle against their fittings. A bolt struck Carol squarely in the chest, but all she did was give a fake shudder and laugh.

“Oooh tickles! That all you got?”

Logan stood again as Kitty ran back into the hallway. She threw a tranq gun at him. He caught it easily, surprising himself. She also had a metal suppressant collar that Hank had kept for some research reason. She phased through Carol’s back and ran in front of her. Then she ran round to Carol’s side. Carol’s arm came out and grabbed Kitty by the neck. “Gotta be quicker than that, little girl!”

“No, I don’t!” Kitty clipped the collar around Carol’s neck quickly, and the signal light on it went from red to green. Carol stumbled back a little and tried to pull it off, but without the extra strength, she couldn’t do it.

“Get it off, you bitch.. ahh!” Logan’s tranq dart hit her in the arm, dizziness took hold of her, and she passed out.

Over the next few hours, Hank and Kitty worked tirelessly to help everyone who had been injured in Carol’s attack. Scott’s wound had luckily missed any major internal organs or arteries, so after receiving minimal surgery and a generous amount of pain relief, he was sleeping peacefully in the med lab. Hank re-set Bobby’s arm; Carol had broken it in two places just below the elbow. Remy’s burnt shoulder wasn’t too serious and was treated easily. Rockslide needed strapping for three broken ribs, and the Professor simply asked for some migraine relief. Logan’s healing factor took care of any injuries that he sustained, but it didn’t take away the feeling of being completely unable to help Marie.

Logan watched as Hank finished dealing with Rockslide. The big man got up off the exam bed and stomped out the door to the elevator to the upper levels, stomped off to cry in peace. Logan ignored him and turned to Xavier as he went out the med lab door, crossed the round metallic hallway and punched in the code for the small holding room. Logan followed him and stopped him. “What are you going to do?” He watched as the door slid open to reveal a rectangular room with two small cells at the bottom. The professor had had them installed to hold mutants such as Sabretooth or Mystique before they were handed over to the proper authorities.



“I’m going to try and talk to her, Logan. I want to know what the hell is going on and who on earth that woman is. This has to end. She can’t keep a permanent hold of Rogue’s mind. She has to weaken eventually, and then I hopefully will have a chance to eradicate her from Rogue completely.”

“I’m coming in there with you.”

“Good idea.” Xavier wheeled forward into the room. While Carol was unconscious, Logan had handcuffed her hands behind her and laid her gently on the small cot in the cell. Hank had taken a blood sample to see if it brought them any answers, and had quickly examined her. Logan had gently brushed a stray lock of hair out of her face and smiled at her sleeping form, he never noticed her sleeping before and the sudden feeling that it seemed right made him forget about the situation, but the suppressant collar’s green light had blinked at him, annoyingly reminding him.

They went into the cell. Carol was sitting on the floor against the back wall, rocking back and forth singing. “How much is that doggy in the window, the one with the mutant-y tail? How much is that doggy in the window? I do hope the bitch is for sale.”

“Cute, what do you do for an encore?” Logan practically growled his words at her.

“How about rip your insides out and wrap them around your throat.” Logan couldn’t help it; he gave a bitter laugh. It sounded almost funny hearing something so vile come out of Marie’s mouth.

Xavier cleared his throat. “Would you like to tell me who you are?”

She stood up and walked forward to the bars. The left leg of her jeans was soaked in Scott’s blood, Logan could smell it, and it made him want to be sick. Marie was Scott’s friend, and when she found out what had happened, she would hate herself for it.

“How about we play a game instead? You ask the questions, and I’ll answer ‘yes’ or ‘no’. You never know, old man. You might actually ask the right questions.”

Logan stood behind the Professor’s wheelchair, his arms crossed sternly over his chest, a hard scowl on his face.

“Did you intentionally invade Rogue’s mind with a view to infiltrating the X-Men?”

“Oh, what a good question.” She cocked her head to the side as if she was thinking hard. “Mmm, yes.”

“Did you plan on attempting to destroy us?”

“Again, yes.”

“Did you touch Rogue or is this some kind of mind control?”

“That’s not a ‘yes’/‘no’ question, but what the hell. Touch.”

“Did you plan this on your own or did you have assistance?” Logan shook his head again. He couldn’t believe that Xavier was humouring the bitch.

“Well, I had assistance, but there’s no way in hell I’ll ever tell you who. And I don’t mean to presume anything, but I doubt the big guy behind you would willingly torture his little Marie just to find out.”

Logan took a step forward to the side of Xavier. “How do you know her real name?”

“Oh I know everything, Logan. You see, it wasn’t just a quick touch. We went all the way, baby! My poor old body is now nothing more than a grey, dried-up husk! Now everything she’s ever thought, ever experienced, I know. Her secrets, desires,… her sins! The lies she’s told, mostly to you, funnily enough. She lies to you nearly everyday, and you never notice. What kind of person does that make you?”

The purely evil smile on her lips worried Logan more than her words. His senses told him that she wasn’t lying, but he still refused to believe it. Marie would never lie to him, would she?

“Awww, poor Logan, not sure what to believe, are you? Would she lie to you? What could sweet innocent little Marie lie to you about? The possibilities are endless, aren’t they? I guess that’s what makes this so much fun.”

“I know her, know her better than anyone.”

“Really. So in that case then you know that she saw you kiss Jean the night before she died. Guess she never told you that, huh? Also I bet she never told you that whenever she fucked her little ice cube she’d be thinking of you, and a few times she actually had to bite down on something to stop herself from screaming your name. Not with Santo though… mmm… funny that. Maybe it’s the size of him, maybe it plays to her big handsome protector issues. Personally, I’d love to say that she just got over you, but she just resigned herself to the fact that she would love you, and you would fuck everyone else. I bet watching you fuck your way across the bars of New York has helped with that.”

“You lying psychotic bitch!” She wasn’t lying. He could tell, and it actually scared him to think all that time she had wanted him and he had just done nothing about it. Now it could be too late.

“Psychotic bitch? Oh, what is it they say about casting the first stone? But hey, who cares? It’s all your fault she felt like that, anyway. You put the idea in her darling little head. Literally.” He looked slightly confused, and she rolled her eyes at him. “Duh! Liberty Island. She sucked the life out of you, and she got everything, sunshine, your whole world, including that nasty little thought you had when you first saw her in that bar. You know the one I mean: on the bar, pale skin, wide eyes, and equally wide legs for all to see and for you to touch! Mmm, you bad, bad boy! There’s other stuff, too. Wanna hear?”

Logan was about to swear at her when the main door slid open, and Hank walked in. He didn’t look at Carol, he couldn’t bring himself to do it. “Charles, I have the results from her blood tests. There are small traces of ketamine in her system. I would surmise that it was used to render the control over Rogue’s mutation useless. If someone had used this on her, then she wouldn’t have been able to stop her mutation from hurting them.”

“Wow! Ten points for the Doc! WOO HOO!” She turned around and lightly skipped to the back of the cell again. “Hey, have any of you ever noticed that Hank rhymes with Spank, or Tank? hahahah or WANK!” She leaned against the wall in a fit of twisted giggles, and then she started to howl with laughter.

Xavier sighed. “Thank you, Dr. McCoy.” Hank gave a curt nod and left the room.

“He’s just a big teddy bear, isn’t he? So Xavier, bottom line, you’re not getting the little girlie back. She’s nicely tucked away in the back of her own private cinema, watching re-runs of her life, and stuffing herself full of popcorn and cola. And that’s another good thing about knowing all this wonderful stuff about her,” she smiled at him. “You can’t read her mind.”

“You’re right. I have always found it difficult to read her, but there have been times when she has relaxed and been willing to allow me to try. Those times were extremely productive in helping her control her mutation.”

“Whatever, like I said, girlie’s not coming back, and you’re going to take this collar off and let me go.”

Logan huffed at her. “You gotta be outta yer mind if you think we are letting you out of here in Rogue!”

“Out of my mind? Well, my body is somewhere else, dead, but somewhere else, so technically, yes, I am out of my mind. But I’m assuming that you mean mad, crazy, goo goo ga ga, click click, burr burr, buzz buzz, fuckbitchwankshitpiss, bang bang, WHOO HOOO kind of out of my mind and well, yeah.” She looked at him completely straight-faced, and he was amazed that nobody had sectioned her by now.

“I think it would be wise if…” Xavier stopped mid-sentence as Marie’s face cleared, became more defined somehow, and her eyes clouded into brown. She looked at herself and around her as if she had no idea where she was.

“Marie?” “Rogue?” Logan and the Professor saw her change at the same moment.

Her voice was so quiet that it was barely above a whisper. “Wha… I don’t understand.” Logan moved to the front of the gate and began to use the keycode to open it. “LOGAN, NO!” He let go of the keypad and raised his hands as her eyes changed back to blue again. She rolled her eyes and struggled against the cuffs. “YOU STUPID LITTLE BITCH!” She opened her mouth wide and roared. Then she ran as full and as hard as she could straight into the bars of the front of the cell.

Logan and Xavier flinched as she hit it, then she fell to the ground unconscious, blood pouring from her mouth and nose. Logan shouted for Hank as he opened the cell and took the pillow off the cot to cradle her head.

********************END OF PART TWO