Author's Chapter Notes:
Again brilliant help and advise from Gamma. Thank you!

Summary: “Kinda puts everything into perspective, doesn’t it?”
Title: Control 12/12
Author: sharonmjl47
Rating: NC-17
Category: Movieverse.
Disclaimer: I own nothing, and no one. Sad, isn’t it!
Feedback: Please, bad or good. If no one tells me it’s bad, I won’t know!

**********************

Scott stood up. He couldn’t take the scene in front of him any longer even though it had all unfolded in mere seconds. Listening to Logan’s sobs was heartbreaking, and he knew that they would have to move him soon.

He was about to touch Logan’s shoulder when he heard him gasp and choke on a sob. Scott glanced at Remy to see if he had heard it, but the Frenchman hadn’t moved, so he knelt beside Logan. “Shit! Remy, help!”

Logan’s hand was gripping her pale face, and Scott could clearly see the thick lines of Logan’s veins as her mutation took his healing from him to save her. Scott held Logan up. He couldn’t talk, and by the looks of things, he temporarily couldn’t breathe. Remy ran to them and got behind Marie, supporting her weight from Logan.

Two of the projectiles dropped out of Marie’s back, and just as she weakly opened her eyes and took her first breath after minutes, her mutation stopped. Logan coughed and panted. “Marie, turn it back on… Marie! Scott, it’s not enough. She’s….{cough cough} she’s still bleeding!”

Remy pulled his glove off and put his hand to her neck. “She’s unconscious, but chere has de pulse.” He stood pulling her into his arms as Scott helped Logan to his feet.

“I’ll take her.”

Scott shook his head and wrapped Logan’s arm round his shoulder. “No, Remy will take her, and I’ll take you. Come on, let’s get you two back to Hank as quickly as we can.”

As they reached the jet, Remy took Marie in first. Logan watched him carry her up the ramp and then collapsed onto Scott. “Rem, put her down and help me with him.” Remy ran back to Scott, and they hauled Logan into a seat. Scott left Logan with Remy and went back to Marie. He checked her pulse again - weak, but it was there. Remy had placed her on her side because of the last projectile in her back. He made sure she was secure and padded the wound to try and stem the bleeding. Aside from that, he had no clue what to do apart from get her home to Hank.

‘Ro was sitting in the pilot seat staring into space. Scott had to shout to break her out of it. “’Ro, she’s alive. Make the damn call!” She immediately fumbled to pick the radio back up and frantically called back to the mansion as Scott began their ascent.

Logan woke up with a start. He was on his side on an exam table in the med lab. “Marie…” He sat up and was on his feet, but they gave out, and he fell.

Scott caught him just before he hit the ground. “Easy. Hank said she took a lot out of you. He had to give you antibiotics and a lot of pain killers.”

“Where is she?”

“Next door… she’s alive.”

“There’s a but, isn’t there?”

“She’s still in a bad shape. Your healing took care of most of the damage. Hank still had to remove the last spike. He said it luckily missed her heart. She’s going to be fine.”

He sighed in relief. “Thank fuck for that. I’ve never been so glad to nearly die.”

Scott chuckled. “That’s what you said the last time.”

He stood up and stretched, cracking his neck and flexing his shoulders, the news that she was going to be ok making him feel better. “I don’t get why her skin only turned on for a few seconds, then off again.”

“She’s alive, so I’m surprised you care.”

Logan chuckled as he stripped off his uniform trousers and put on the clean sweats and wife beater that Scott was holding. “You’re right; I don’t care. Not at the moment anyway.” He shoved the wife beater over his head. “What about bucket-head and Pyro, did ya hand them over?”

Scott nodded. “Xavier contacted the authorities right away. St John was taken to the hospital, but unfortunately, he isn’t expected to last the night. By the looks of it, Rogue shattered most of his spine and nearly broke his neck. I know he was with the Brotherhood, but he used to be one of my students, and I can’t help but feel sorry for him.”

“Feel sorry for him all ya want, won’t change nothing for the little turncoat. What about Mags?”

“Magneto was confirmed dead at the scene. So was Spike. Mystique…”

“Oh don’t tell me that blue bitch pulled it again?”

“Yep, not a trace of her.”

“But I got her. Her blue lifeless carcass slid off my claws. How the fuck can she be alive?”

“I don’t know, but apart from some blood, they found no trace of her anywhere.”

“Fuck, fucking blue, fucking, Houdini bitch!” Scott shook his head, smiling at his friend’s cursing as they left the smaller med bay room.

The main med lab was quiet, but Logan could hear the even breathing of the woman he loved and had thought for a brief moment he had lost forever. “Told you she was ok.” Logan chuckled at him. “I’ll leave you alone for a while.” Logan nodded as Scott left, unable to tear his eyes away from Marie.

He walked over to her as she lay on the exam bed and brushed some hair gently away from her forehead. A familiar tingle spread through his fingers, and he pulled them back. He looked at his fingers and then back to Marie. Her skin was on.

Hank’s clipboard was at the end of Marie’s bed. Logan picked it up and checked through his notes on her condition. A lot of it he didn’t understand, and because of Hank’s awful handwriting, most of it he couldn’t read, but he couldn’t see anything anywhere that said her mutation was active.

Putting it down, he went back to her and touched her face again. Nothing happened. He sighed. It must be turning itself on and off without her knowing, or he figured that she could be accidentally doing it in her sleep.

He pulled a chair away from Hank’s desk and placed it next to hers. He stroked her face again, gently letting his fingers slide over her skin. It was soft and cool. The fourth time he touched her, her skin caught him briefly again. He gasped and pulled his hand away. “Fuck it!” He looked around the room and checked that the doors were shut completely. Then he sat down next to her again.

He took a deep breath and pushed thoughts of his love for her to the forefront of his mind, then laid his hand over her neck. Nothing happened. He huffed. “God damn it, Marie, concentrate, will ya?” He touched her again. This time his body felt the shock of her drawing him in.

Thoughts rushed into his head as he poured into her. How much he loved her, how much he wanted her safe and back with him. How sick he’d felt and emotionally naked he’d felt when he thought she was dead. How he realised that the arguments they had had meant nothing. Everything he had thought and felt over the last few months. His guilt, his pain, his joy and elation, everything. Then abruptly, just as he felt the last grips of consciousness slip, the pull stopped.

He was on his hands and knees, gasping for breath. Blood dripped from his nose onto the white sterile floor. His eyes were fuzzy and desperately trying to focus. Someone had just sworn at him, he was sure of it. He shook his head trying to focus on the voice he had heard, blood splattered in all directions. “…idiot, what the fuck were you thinking?”

Small hands grasped his shoulders and were lifting him to his feet, then shoved him roughly into the chair next to Marie’s bed. He looked at it and frowned. It was empty. “Huh?”

“Over here, sugar!” He looked at the person who had sat him down, the fuzziness gone from his eyes. Smirking, he snatched the front of her gown and pulled her into his lap, trying to kiss her, but she stopped him. “Yuck, your face is covered in blood!”

“What, why?” He looked genuinely confused.

She giggled at him and got some tissues off of Hank’s desk before sitting in his lap again. “Because, Mr. Impulse-Control-Problem, I sucked ya dry again. There, all clean.”

He pulled her to him and kissed her passionately. “I though I lost you.” Then he frowned and turned her around quickly, opening her gown and running his hand over flawless skin: no gaping hole, no spike, no scar, no blood, nothing. He turned her back to face him. Then he shook her and growled, “Don’t you ever, ever do that again!”

She smiled and kissed him, easing her tongue into his mouth as his hands sunk into her hair. Breaking the kiss to catch her breath, she giggled at him again. “I love you, you big, compulsive idiot!”

“God, I love you too.” After another lust-filled kiss, he stood up, carrying her with him.

“LOGAN! I have an open back hospital gown! Clothes, I need my clothes!”

He laughed as he put her down, and she ran to a cupboard where spare clothes were kept. He watched openly as she stripped off and put on dark grey sweats and a matching vest shirt, both embossed with a small ‘X’.

As they walked out of the med lab, he swung his arm over her shoulder and pulled her into him, kissing her head. She giggled and ran her hands over him as they walked. When they passed the battered door to Carol’s ‘cell’ Logan didn’t even notice, but Marie couldn’t help but look. ~You need to get this out of your system.~ Marie smiled.

“What you grinning about?”

She poked his chest with her finger. “I just cheated death. Don’t I got a right to be happy! Besides, I kinda figured something out.”

“Yeah, like what? How incredibly sexy I am?” She rolled her eyes.

Before she could answer, the elevator opened, and Hank nearly dropped his coffee as he walked out and met them in the corridor. “Oh my goodness! You’re up! Both of you!”

They were still clinging to each other. “Alive and kicking, doc.” Logan pushed the call button for the elevator.

“You touched her, didn’t you? Oh Logan, do you not ever listen? I’ve explained a thousand times that Rogue’s mutation affects you differently than anyone else. You take longer to heal from it. As it is your healing she takes rather…” Logan kissed her gently and then stared at her. “Logan, are you listening to me?” They turned away and walked towards the elevator door, and Hank harrumphed at them. “People simply don’t appreciate this facility and the work that I do. Anyone would think that I ran a… a ‘chop-shop’!” He turned away and went down to his lab door. “The planning, the research!” He called to them over his shoulder. “It doesn’t all just happen to be ready when you need it to be. *I* keep it that way! ” All he heard as the elevator closed was giggling and the distinct sounds of kissing.

*********

Logan and Marie had been in Marie’s room for the past twenty-five minutes snuggled up on her bed. Logan’s head was resting on the cushion of her breasts, and she was gently stroking his head. “Kinda puts everything into perspective, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah, darlin’, it does.”

“No more arguments, no more doubt. I love you, Logan, and I trust you.”

He held her a little tighter. “I love ya too, baby. No more arguments, I promise. Oh Marie, darlin’, I would like nothing more than to… {yawn} to have you right this second, but you wiped me out, darlin’.”

She smiled and ruffled his hair. “Go to sleep, sugar, and in the morning, we’ll go get some pancakes.”

“Mmmm… only if they got steak on em’.”

She giggled and rolled her eyes. “Yes, Tyrannosaurus-Logan.” Five more minutes of stroking his hair, and he was snoring softly, his grip on her relaxed, and then she fell asleep with him.

When she woke up, she looked at her clock. It was just after nine at night: they had slept the entire day away. She smiled at him. Both of them were in exactly the same position in the bed, she smiled thankfully for a good uninterrupted sleep. She touched his hair gently with a smile. Then she eased herself out from under him. He snorted a little but didn’t wake, and she looked down at him, smiling.

She concentrated on his face and how she felt about him, just him. Her mutation flipped on. She wanted to jump and shout that she had figured it all out. It made sense now – she had only got control over her mutation after absorbing Logan on the Statue. Xavier had taken everyone else out of her head as well, but what nobody realised, even she, was that Logan was the key to her mutation. That’s why it worked for his touch. He was her body’s safety catch. When she was unconscious, it must have been the him in her head, flipping it on and off.

She really was happy, and she had come to understand what they both had needed: shock therapy. And it had worked, but she wanted to make sure. She crept into the bathroom and showered, then dried herself in silence, all the while keeping an eye on his sleeping form. She got dressed back in her sweats and vest. After a little bit of hunting around in the bottom of her closet, she found her rucksack.

She went round her room, collecting things that she wanted or thought that she would need: towels, blankets, a pillow. Then she opened her closet and selected her outfit, taking it out and folding it neatly into her bag. The last thing she grabbed was her make-up bag before she silently went to the door, then went back to her cell phone.

Most of the younger students were in bed and the older ones were in the rec room, playing pool or watching a movie. She smiled to herself as she walked all over the mansion, up and down stairs, through the library, out into the back patio and then back through to the hidden elevator on the ground floor, and she smiled happily again when it slid shut on her.

Once down in the secret lower levels, she headed for the med lab. Expecting to find Hank on his own, she simply walked in, not bothering to knock on the perfectly polished metal door. When it slid open, she opened her mouth to speak but closed it again in shock at the sight in front of her.

Hank was leaning over his desk, enjoying a passionate kiss with Kitty. His hand braced either side of her head and hers locked around his neck. Marie stood staring for a moment, and just as it looked like the heated kiss was coming to an end, she came to her senses and quietly backed out of the door, closing it with an almost silent click. Neither of them had noticed her, and with the soundproofing down there, they wouldn’t hear what she was up to either.

She giggled as she approached the door to Carol’s ‘cell’, then was stone sober as she pushed it open. It looked the same as the last time she saw it – bare apart from the cot bed, toilet, chair, small table and sink. The set of silver handcuffs Logan had used hung on the clothes hook. The bed had been stripped of its linen, and the mattress stood on its side to air. Everything had been cleaned and smelled fresh.

First thing she did was to use the blankets she had brought with her to make the bed. Then after a shaky deep breath, she dotted some candles around and left her lighter on the table ready to light them.

She got changed. She swapped her sweats for a black skirt that started way below her belly button, stopped about mid-thigh, and clung to her like lycra. She was already wearing black-healed ankle boots, so she left them on along with her black vest-top.

After another shaky breath that was all anticipation, she put her make-up back in her bag along with her sweats and shoved the bag in the corner. She sat down on the bed just as she heard Hank and Kitty take the elevator back up to the mansion.

Once the lower, most secret part of the mansion was again silent, Marie walked to the elevator and placed a small decoder over the security keypad on the control panel. She tapped in a few codes, and the lights dimmed to the emergency minimum. She smiled, feeling very pleased with herself, and went back to the cell, flipping open her cell phone. Scrolling through, she found Logan’s number and bit her lip as she pressed the green call button.

*********

Logan was in his own shower when he heard his cell phone ringing with that stupid ring tone Jubilee had put on it. He cursed her name again. Eventually he would have to get Marie to change it for him. He got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around him. Once he found his jacket, he fished around in every pocket, and just as he got the phone out, the frog-tone stopped ring-ding-dinging. He swore again.

Logan muttered curses to himself as he worked the phone and pulled up his missed calls list. ‘KID’ flashed up, and he smiled. He had been wondering where she was. He pushed the dial button and waited.

She smiled as she saw his name on her phone display. She let it ring several times before she answered it. “Let me guess - couldn’t find your phone?”

He chuckled. “Something like that. Where are you? I kinda got used to not waking up alone.”

“Well, that would be for me to know and you to find out.”

“Marie, darlin’, I just got out of the shower, and I need to find some clothes….”

He stopped dead at her sexy voice. “Wanna play a game?”

He frowned at his empty room. “Marie, where are you, and what are you doing?”

“I’m hidin’, and I want you to come ‘seek’.” She bit her lip again, wishing she could see his face.

He smirked. “Ok, I’ll play. Do I get a prize if I find you?”

“Mmmm… what do you want?”

“I want you to tell me where you are, now!”

She giggled and heard him chuckled on the other end. “Follow your nose, sugar.” She clipped the phone shut and laughed, imagining his face.

He stared at his phone for a beat or two, then laughed as he tried to find his clothes. Ten minutes later, he was trawling all over the mansion, following the fake scent trail that she had left him. When he passed the staff kitchen he saw Bobby siting miserably on his own. Logan noticed the beer in his hand and also noticed that it was one of his own, he let it slid as he had better things to do.

He cursed to himself for being daft enough to follow her trail, but when he came to the elevator for the underground part of the mansion, he enjoyed the way her scent changed from nervous to spicy sexual anticipation.

The elevator opened, and she heard it. She tossed her cell onto the small table and lit all the candles quickly, then went into the cell and shut the barred door behind her. The keypad beeped, and the light turned red for locked.

Logan stepped out of the elevator into the darkened corridor. What dim light there was reflected off of the gleaming walls, making the shadows dance. The elevator closed, and as he looked at the control panel, he noticed a light went red and an automated voice broke the silence. “ELEVATOR LOCKED. AUTHORISATION: ROGUE.”

He chuckled and then called out to her, wherever she was. “What’s the matter, darlin’, afraid I might run away?”

She stood still inside the cell and stifled a nervous giggle, then bit her lip as she heard his footsteps approach. He pushed the main door open and stood in the doorway, staring at her. She admired his choice of clothes: tight jeans, boots, and his trademark wife beater which stretched over his chest and exposed his muscled arms. Her mouth was already running dry at the thought of touching him.

His own gaze fell on her healed boots first. She knew from his memories how much he liked them. Then they travelled up her bare legs to the hem of her skirt. He raised an eyebrow at it before carrying on to her waist, then up to her covered breasts and finally her eyes.

A slow predatory smile spread across his face as he strode up to the bars. Then he looked at them and sighed, his smile fading into concern. “What are you doing, darlin’? You don’t want to be in here.”

Her vest top didn’t quite reach the top of her skirt, and she scraped her nails across the bare patch of skin. He watched her do it. Five red trails appeared across her stomach, and he had to grip the bars to stop himself from ripping the door off and throwing her against the wall and fucking her right there. “This is exactly where I want to be, sugar. We need to get this out of our system.”

Logan slid his hand down the bars to the keypad and punched in his own personal code, and with an electronic beep, the door opened. Then he rested his arms on the barred doorframe.

Looking her up and down again, he could feel himself getting hard, but he still didn’t know why she wanted to do this in the cell. It couldn’t hold any good memories for her, the same as it didn’t for him, but the way she looked and the smell of her made him want to forget all about what had happened before and concentrate on her.

She could see he was concerned about what she was doing, and she smiled at him for it, knowing that once he realised how much she wanted him and how much she wanted them to be together, he’d let go and go with the moment.

His eyes stopped at her extremely short skirt again. “Call that a skirt?”

“You don’t like it?”

He smirked. “Didn’t say I didn’t like it.”

Her gaze travelled down and fell on his crotch. It was her turn to smirk when she met his eyes again. “You don’t have to tell me, sugar. I can see perfectly well what ya think about my skirt.” She leaned back against the wall and bit her lip. “So are you gonna come over here or not?”

He walked in and stood in front of her, then slowly traced his fingers gently down her cheek to her neck. He slipped his hand round to the back of her neck and into her hair, lowering his head to take her lips against his. He moaned at the feel of her. The softness of her lips against his and the silkiness of her hair against his fingers felt like heaven. If that wasn’t enough, she pressed herself against him, and he could now feel every inch of her body.

It was her turn to moan as his tongue slipped into her mouth to taste her. She moaned again as she felt his other hand wind into her hair, and her back bumped into the wall behind her.

Her hands went straight to his chest, and she flicked her thumbs over his nipples, making him growl in between wet kisses. Sliding her hands down, she found the hem of his beater and slid it upwards. He willingly broke their kisses so she could pull it over his head. Logan smiled at her as he took her lips again; he almost wanted to giggle at the heady feeling of having her in his arms, horny as hell and taking his clothes off.

His lips trailed off of hers and down her neck. She gasped and whispered his name as he nipped her throat and used every pound of his solid frame to press her against the wall. He licked the spot where he had bitten her, and her eyes slid into the back of her head as she let herself be lost in the sensations he was giving her.

She pulled on his hair and then pushed him back a step or two. Once his eyes met her blazing blue stare, he frowned at her. “Marie….”

She placed her finger to his lips. “Shh. Like I said, we need to get this out of our system. You can’t hurt me…” she smirked at him. “No matter how much I want you too.” She lifted the bottom of her top, brought it over her head, and threw it at him. she wanted him to see her blue eyes and know that she had control over Carol’s powers. She wanted to see if he would change, see if he would turn nasty and in her own way she was testing him.

Her vest hit him in the chest and fell to the ground. His initial shock at her eyes was overtaken by desire at seeing her naked chest. Creamy orbs of flesh as soft as velvet that would fit neatly into his hands, topped off with a darker circle of flesh and a rosy pink nipple. Her breasts rose and fell with her rapid breathing, and the movement had him mesmerised.

She watched his emotions play out on is face - confusion, then uncertainty, at himself or her actions she didn’t know, and then desire, need, and want. She bit her lip as she waited for him to make a move and, for the briefest of moments, thought that he was going to run from the room, but he didn’t. He moved towards her, and she backed once again against the wall.

The second he was close enough his hands found her hips, and his lips found the tip of one of her breasts. He nibbled at it, then licked at the spot he had reddened with his teeth. Once satisfied that one breast had had enough attention, he swapped to the other one, making her moan and arch up against him.

Her hands held onto his hair while his slid down past the hem of her skirt and then up her thighs under the stretchy material to her panties. He ran his thumb gently over her clit, smirking at its wetness through the material. He released her breast from his lips, kissed her neck and then her lips briefly. She watched him take the handcuffs off of the hook above them and stood silently while he secured them to her wrists.

She flinched slightly at the tightness of the cuffs, but his desire-filled gaze made her ignore it. He rested his forehead on hers, still meeting her eyes. “Still wanna play this game?”

She smirked. “It’s not a game, and I’m done playing.”

Before she could think, he spun her around to face the wall, raising her arms and hooking the cuffs over the clothes hook above her head. As her breathing quickened, he slid one hand down the front of her underwear and began to rub and pull at her clit.

Just as she could feel her stomach tighten and get ready to explode into orgasm, he stopped, leaving her gasping against the wall, her legs feeling limp and her body unfulfilled. She felt him kneel behind her, peeling her panties down her legs. He lifted each foot in turn and then brought the fabric to his nose, inhaling deeply before he tossed them aside.

He feathered wet kisses up her legs and on her buttocks, then slowly with a long growl licked the full length of her spine, giving her a full body shudder and making her whimper against the wall. She moaned when he bit her shoulder right before unhooking her hands and spinning her round to face him, securing her hands above her head again instantly.

She immediately arched forward to kiss him, but he pushed her roughly against the wall, plundering her lips. His hands were everywhere, gentle caress turning into hard unforgiving grip of his hands.

He stepped back from her, his chest heaving and a thin sheen of perspiration covering his body, making his tanned skin glisten in the half light. She watched as he kicked off his boots, peeled his socks off, and then undid his fly. His eyes stayed locked with her, a hard, desire-ridden look that was somehow telling her that if she wanted this to stop, now was the time to say something.

Her only answer to his heated stare was to arch towards him again, and he responded by dropping his jeans to the floor, stepping out of them and pressing his naked body against her. She raised her thigh, and he gladly gripped it and then the other, lifting her off the ground, making his heated erection came into contact with her damp curls.

Again their lips met roughly, nipping at each other hungrily in between proper kisses and genuine smiles of desire and love until he couldn’t take the heat from her any longer. Guiding his hands to her hips, digging his fingers into her flesh, he lifted her slightly and pushed himself into the heat he had been yearning for.

Her gasp filled the once cold and now scorching hot room with sound, followed by a joint moan of pleasure. She kissed him demandingly, biting his bottom lip hard. He pulled away, licking the blood off, but smiled at her deep brown eyes. The smile didn’t leave his lips as he kissed her with equal vigour and began to move in and out of her heat with a rapidly quickening pace.

Logan started going harder into her, his breath on her throat and his teeth close to her skin occasionally digging in and marking her. He brought his head up and rested his forehead on her, and his rough pumping continued. Staring into her eyes, his groin gripping her hard, his hands gripping her hips hard, and her back slamming hard into the unforgiving wall had only one end.

His own end. Her muscles began to clamp around his, and her eyes closed. He followed her, snarling, brutally pushing into her, and for a brief moment was lost to everything but the feel of the woman he loved wrapped around every inch of his tightly coiled body.

His orgasm passed, and his ears registered the end of her ecstatic muffled moan, and the fleeting pain of her blunt teeth once again taking his bottom lip to the point of pain and pleasure.

She rested her forehead against his shoulder as he reached up and unhooked her hands. Forgetting the key, he simply let out a claw and cut them off. Then they slumped to the floor, still joined and unwilling to move way from each other.

He lifted her chin and kissed her. Her hand touched his face and went into his hair, holding onto him. The kiss was nothing but love, and they both came away from it smiling.

“Admit it, I have the best ideas!” He shook his head like a dog, sweat flicking out in all directions.

He chuckled, still trying to catch his breath. “Hell yeah, darlin’!”

She ran her thumb over his bottom lip, now completely healed. “I love you, and I trust you. Always. And I’m sorry for being a little bitch.”

“I know, and fuck, I love you so much. Should have told ya a long time ago, but I’m a stupid bastard.” He kissed her again, this time on the top of her head. “Consider it out of our system, Marie.”

She giggled. “We could get some more handcuffs though! I might go shopping with Jubes tomorrow and buy some.”

He rested his head against her breasts laughing. “Fuck! You’re gonna be the death of me!”

She laughed too, their happiness now filling the room that they had both hated not so long ago. They kissed and laughed as they got dressed again and then laid down on the cot bed snuggled into one another.

“Do you know what I saw when I came down here earlier?”

“What?”

“Hank and…”

“God, did you get the ‘appreciating-the-facilities’ lecture again?”

“No! He was kissing Kitty! Had her sprawled over his desk.”

Logan laughed and it boomed out in the small room. “Oh God!” She sat up as he kept on laughing.

“What’s so damn funny?”

“Let’s just say it explains why Bobby was getting himself drunk on *my* beer earlier!”

They both laughed and snuggled down again. “He should have treated her better. I’m happy she’s with Hank, he’ll treat her like a princess.”

“Yeah, he’s a good man.”

She got up and tugged him to his feet as well. “Come on, sugar, take me back to *our* bed. I’m tired.”

“Really? I wonder why!”

They kissed their way back to their room, back into the world to bask into their life, together.


**********END