Peace.

He hardly ever got it anymore, but 3.30am never failed him. He could *always* find some then, whether it was on top of the roof or lost in the grounds. He could find it if he needed it.

An he needed it, as bad as an crack whore needed her next fix.

Things looked better, it'd been only a month since the battle but things were better. Life didn't have such a heavy weight anymore, hell even Ro' was smiling in the mornings again. Mind you that could have been the return of Kurt but hey, he wasn't complainin'.

Standing with hands tucked into pockets his gaze wandered to the room where he knew an empty bed lay. She'd gone soon after they'd gotten back, she hadn't wanted to be around the stares and pointed fingers. Thing was Bobby had just accepted it as if it had been already discussed, he'd seen her heart breaking as she'd told him. Half expecting him to come with her, he'd known Bobby wouldn't, this was the only home he had left.

No one seemed to miss her, what with the new intake there were too many new faces to remember an old one that was missing. He'd kept her room free, just in case she came back, he might run but Marie? She had a steel to her that he didn't have, she'd face down anyone to make herself strong, while he'd go *through* them.
So her room was still there, he knew she kept phoning the school, he'd picked it up more than once only to hear someone breathing softly on the other end. It was as if she was waiting for a time to call and someone else would answer.

She'd come home when she'd seen enough of the destruction Jean had caused, Marie had to see it for herself you see. She'd not accepted what she'd been told and inside his heart warmed at that.
Truth is subjective, it depends who's telling it and why. She worked that one out strapped to Lady Liberty, thats why he knew she'd come back. Not to the school or the X-Men but to 'him'.

She needed the answer he'd refused to give her just before she left, she'd asked him "Why?"

The question wasn't the one she wanted answering, the journey she was on would help her to define the question better.

He had his reasons and one of them was her......the others, well they'd come in time but she had to be here for him to release them.

Watching the false dawn approach as the birds began to sing around him Logan turned his back on the world. He'd enjoy his peace a little more before dealing with the residents of the building. Only when Marie came home would he find the peace he now found wandering the grounds.