Author's Chapter Notes:
Author’s note- well, here it is, for all those who asked: Wolverine and Logan, together FOREVER. Sorry for the delay. My wife had brain surgery and that cut into my writing time even after school was over for the year.
Inside the cell

Crick watched in horror, panic battling fear and revulsion, the hot bile in his throat as he watched the skin boiling away from Watson. It flowed in sluggish pulses into the slender woman in the shackles through the conduit of her connecting skin, being absorbed by the monstrously perverted force of Rogue’s mutant power. Finally, as Watson collapsed to hi knees, Watson released the dead man switch.

With a thunderous TWANG, the elastic bungee jerked Watson clear, flinging him al the way to the padded wall of the antechamber behind Crick. He hit with a muffled thump and hung motionless from the harness on his belt.

Crick looked back, at the bloody smile spread wide across the face of the woman, her eyes fey and unblinking as she shuddered with renewed life and power. She shrugged, and looked over her shoulder.

“This is it, darlin’,” she shouted, “Give it all you got!”

With that, she bent and turned, trying to give the cell’s other occupant room to make some sort of move. Blood spattered from her mouth as she shouted, and there were writhing, moving shapes of flesh under her paper coverall.

As she turned, the paper tore, revealing her pale back, traced with black veins and shockingly wrong, moving masses beneath the skin. Protruding, about half way between her shoulder blades, was the oblique plane of a face, bristling with a few stout, wiry hairs.

A few inches farther down, seven fingertips of varying completion pressed, clawing at the air with febrile wiggling. Even as her power absorbed and consumed his flesh, his renewed their life; they were caught, forever in a stasis of unending torment and death and rebirth and draining, sapping, torturous pain, never aging, never healing, never dying.

As Crick backed away, unconsciously crossing himself against the sight, the more complete of the two eyes in the gruesomely submerged face opened and stared wildly at him. The mouth opened, partially sealed by tendrils of flesh that spread between the lips. In the shocked silence, Crick could hear the whispered cry above the dripping of blood onto the sealed styrene floor.

“Kill me… for the love of God, Bub, please, kill me…”

As the alarm klaxon sounded, a roiling rainbow cloud of sedatives, power blockers, tranquilizers and anti-mutagenics flooded the cell, leaving the gasping Wolverine staring into Crick’s shattering soul for a moment before he and his companion were lost in the mists.

Crick rushed to the mutilated and distorted figure of Watson. He found with some relief that Watson was dead.

-fin-