Author's Chapter Notes:
Now that we have gotten past the introductions, next parts might take some time. I'm not planning to leave them as short as these first ones.
Cub had filled a void in his life momentarily. Now the cave felt empty and cold. He had growled and cussed, tired and annoyed when he had to look after it constantly, but now that it was gone, starting a life it should live, it felt like he should go and bring it back.

*Just face it. You don’t need that fox. You’re missing her.* Words echoed in the cave. Tone was bitter and tired. Marie. Fox had been a nice distraction. Now that it was out of his fur, his thoughts started to run in circles, from Marie to Marie.

*You can’t go to her. Not like this. She doesn’t need… She doesn’t want this.* He stared at his gnarled paws. Sharp, sturdy claws. Perfect for maiming and shredding. Ivory fangs jutting out from his jaws. Perfect for crushing bones. Hard and heavy muscles, and coarse, fur covered skin. Body built for battle. Perfect weapon. And what she wanted was a man. It was what they both needed.

He reached for his knapsack and rifled it through. Found small leather bound book from the bottom of it. His journal. Last entry he had made few years ago, the day he met her for the first time. He skimmed through the pages, something nagging at the back of his mind. Something he had written long ago. A possible solution.

It was a long shot. A rumor he had heard when he had been tracking down a vampire. A rumor about a real cure. Way to remove the curse of the werewolf. But it was more than he had had earlier. Suddenly he couldn’t get on his feet fast enough. He slung his belongings, cloak and sword over his shoulder. Knapsack followed suit. At the entrance he hesitated. He had a responsibility. He couldn’t very well just abandon the fox.

*Get over here, runt!* Small head peeked from the cave, curious yellow eyes taking in his changed appearance. He reached for it and grabbed it before it disappeared back in to the cave.
*I’m leaving, and you’re coming with me…*

He couldn’t trust the cub enough that it walked by his side. He stuffed it to his knapsack, and let it open just enough for the cub to push its head through to get some fresh air.
*Pee in there, and I’ll have your hide…*