Author's Chapter Notes:
Let's go with Logan for a change.
“I’m tired of this. I want a real life. Real home. Real friends. Real man.”

Logan just sat there, staring at the flickering flames. Minutes stretched, until he rose and walked to where they had left their bags and Marie’s horse. He had discarded the cloak he wore earlier. Now he picked it up and pulled it over his head. Put on boots he had made to hide his hind paws.
“What are you doing?” Marie asked when he slung the scabbard and the sword sheathed to it over his shoulder and secured them to his backside.
*I’m leaving.*
“Wait, we have to put out the fire and…”
*I’m leaving. You can do what the hell ever it is you want to do,* Logan spat, shouldering his knapsack.
*You can keep the silver. I have no use for it anyway…* He said and walked in to the woods, leaving her alone and stunned.

*Real man? Go. Go in to town and get yourself a real man. What would a filthy animal know about anything…* He felt strangely calm and collected. Numb. Small animals scurried hastily away from his path. He paid no attention to them. He was focused on getting away from her. Away from Marie. He had to stay calm. Otherwise he would turn back and force her to stay with him.

Knapsack slid lower from his shoulder and he growled, adjusting it. He wanted nothing more than to throw away everything. Discard restricting cloak and boots, leave behind everything. Calmness. That was the key. To stay calm. Not to listen the small murmur at the back of his mind whispering about freedom and pleasures of flesh and blood. Not to give in. Not to give up any more than he already had given.

Moon was high on the sky, just a thin silver sliver. As cold as silver on his bones. It didn’t hurt anymore. He was quite positive that he was immune to it already. It would take much more than silver bullet to stop him. Garlic made him nauseous. Holy water? Burned like acid. Both hurt him, but not enough to kill. Iron was the only strong enough material to slow him down, and they had discarded chains log ago. He would have to stay calm, because nothing in their arsenal was enough to stop him if he turned back and went after Marie.

So he walked. Tried not to think about her, or words she had thrown at him. Of course she had been right. There was very little he had to offer for her, next to nothing. He had trained her well, she wouldn’t need his protection, and truth to be told, that was the only thing left he could do for her. He wasn’t exactly perfect husband anymore. Incapable to physical relationship. It was a miracle that she had stayed with him this long.

Of course physical aspect, cuddling and lovemaking wasn’t all there was, but they both needed that. It was nice to share life with somebody, but when all you could do at the end of the day was to bid good night before you closed your eyes… It wasn’t enough. If he left, at least she could get a chance for normal life, with normal, loving husband.