Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to CaffineYankee for the beta. Sorry this chapter wasn't ready for when I said it would be, but to make it up to you all here's a extra long chapter.

Warning: This chapter contains violence, and references to sexual abuse.
Xavier’s School for Gifted Youngsters

Over twenty-four hours had passed since Logan had left the mansion in the search of Rogue. Having heard nothing from him since, some of the X-Men were beginning to worry.

“We should of heard something by now, it been over a day. Anything could of happened to him,” Ro said as she sat in the office of the recuperated Professor Xavier. “Rogue could have killed him.”

“Or he could of killed her,” Jean interjected, causing Kurt to recoil in horror.

“Don’t worry mon ami, de Rogue can take care of herself,” Remy told him. “She be fine. She’s probably sitting on a beach somewhere drinking cocktails celebrating.”

“Remy!” Ro admonished.

“Professor, couldn’t you use Cerebro to locate Logan or Rogue?” Kitty asked, interjecting herself into the conversation before another argument broke out between Ro and Remy.

“I am unable to track Rogue with Cerebro. She somehow manages to block my telepathy. I was unable to read her while we were in the same room,” Xavier told them.

“Oui, dat to do with her mutation. Everyone who de Rogue touched is still in her head, it use ta drive her crazy,” Remy explained.

“Yes, Rogue said something similar when she was locked up in her cell,” Hank remembered.

“You mean that when she touches someone, she’s left with a permanent reminder of that person? They never fade?” Ro asked.

“Their powers do eventually, but she left with an imprint of dat person’s psyche and dat never fades,” Remy informed them.

“That’ll mean that she still has some form of Logan, Kitty, Jean, and the Professor in her head,” Scott said.

“Oui, along with ever other person she’s touched. The long she holds on, the stronger the imprint,” Remy added.

“Ja, she has Logan’s nightmares,” Kurt told them.

“Then perhaps she shouldn’t of try to kill him by touching him,” Jean said snidely.

Choosing to ignore Jean, Kitty asked the Professor, “Could you use Cerebro to find Logan?”

“I can try, however it is sometimes difficult to track Logan with Cerebro. It usually depends on his emotions at the time, but I will try,” he answered. Wheeling himself out from behind his desk, he decided to try straight away.

*~*~*

The X-Men stood in the corridor outside of Cerebro while Professor Xavier locked himself inside searching for Logan.

“None of this would be necessary if Logan would have just acted reasonable and not took off like he did. He could have told us where he was going,” Scott complained.

“Logan left in search of Rogue. I find it highly unlikely that he knew where he was going,” argued Hank.

“But he’s always doing it, taking off without warning or telling anyone where he’s going,” Scott countered.

“Logan is entitled to his privacy. He is a grown man, not one of the students. He has no obligation to tell us anything unless he wishes to,” Hank replied.

“But things are different now,” Jean interrupted. “He’s not safe, not with that woman trying to kill him.”

“Logan is capable of defending himself should the need arise,” Hank reminder her.

The door to Cerebro slid open before Jean had a chance to reply. The Professor wheeled himself out, stopping just in front of his team. He looked at them, a worried expression gracing his face.

“Charles, what is it?” Ro asked.

“Did you find Logan?” Jean interjected.

“Um, yes I managed to locate him briefly,” Xavier answered.

“Where is he Professor?” Kitty asked.

“He is on his way to Canada.”

“What’s he doing going there?” Scott asked.

“There is a lab there. Rogue....”

“Oh my god, she’s going to turn him over to a lab,” Jean interrupted.

“No, that is not the case,” Xavier reassured his team. “Logan and Rogue, the two of them, are together. They are planning on attacking the lab.”

“TOGETHER?!” Jean shrieked.

“As in a couple?” Jubilee asked, popping her gum.

“I am unsure of their exact relationship,” Xavier replied carefully. “But currently they are both on their way to Canada.”

“Oui, de Remy think dem too are perfect for each other. Da both crazy,” Remy chuckled.

“Remy, now is not the time,” Hank gently admonished but secretly agreed with him.

“What are we going to do, Charles?” Hank asked.

“Nothing,” Jean answered. “If Logan wants to run away with his would be murderer, why should we care?”

“I care,” Kurt argued. “She ist meine schwester.”

“Kurt,” Xavier began softly, “Rogue is...”

“Meine schwester,” Kurt repeated in a tone that broke no room for argument.

Xavier let out a sigh. “Your sister,” he acknowledged reluctantly.

“And Logan is our friend,” Hank added firmly.

“Prepare the Blackbird Scott, then everyone suit up. I’ll get an exact location of the lab,” Xavier told them.

“WHAT?” Jean yelled. “I can’t believe you want us to help Logan and his whore.”

“Chere, change the record.” Remy told her. “Cos Remy’s getting tired of hearing you sing it.”

“If you are against this mission Jean, that’s fine,” Xavier said and watched as a smile spread across the redhead’s face. “You can stay here,” he added.

“What,” she spluttered indignantly. “I...I...should go, I am a doctor after all.”

“So is Hank,” Jubilee said.

Glaring at the young Asian woman, Jean stormed off in the direction of the locker-room.

“Guess that means she’s coming,” Jubilee smirked.

“Everyone be in the hanger in ten minutes,” Scott instructed as he walk away, heading to the hanger where the blackbird was housed, leaving the other to get changed into their X-Men uniforms.

*~*~*

Mutant Testing Lab-Canada

Logan and Rogue moved through the trees towards the lab. Crouching down, they observed the lab. After checking her watch, Rogue turned to her head and looked at Logan.

“According to the Intel, shifts change over at ten, and there is a staff meeting straight after. If we hit then, there’s a good chance that we can get most of the bastards in one strike and they should be unarmed.”

“Fine with me, darlin’” Logan replied.

The two of them watched for a few minutes while the employees of the lab came and went. Looking at her watch again, she nudged Logan.

“Let’s dance,” she instructed as she watched Logan stand up and crack his neck. Rising to her feet beside him, the two of them set off.

Reaching the fence, Logan unsheathed his claws, cut through the wire fence with ease, and slipped through into the compound.

Rogue followed through, avoiding the surveillance cameras. Once she was in range, she slipped the rucksack that Shockwave gave her of her shoulder. Removing one of the electronic disrupter devices, she set it off and watched in delight when the red lights on the surveillance cameras blinked out. Throwing the rucksack over her shoulder again, Rogue and Logan took off in a run towards the entrance of the lab.

The two of them barrelled through the door, catching the lone-guard on desk duty by surprise. Before he had a chance to set off the alarms, Logan launched himself over the desk and stuck his claws into the man chest, straight through his heart. Logan dragged the man to a nearby door, leaving a trail of blood on the concrete floor. Listening carefully to make sure no one was on the other side of the door; he opened the door and shoved the man inside.

After grabbing a set of keys of the front desk, Rogue followed Logan down the corridor, catching up with him outside the room he had put the now dead guard in. Using the keys she had picked up, she found the right key and locked the door.

The two of them moved further into the building until they came to a flight of stairs. They descended the stairs to the underground facility where the cells that housed the mutant prisoners were located and the medical experiments were performed.

Looking around a corner, Rogue pulled back suddenly as a male guard walked along that corridor. She signalled for Logan to remain quite.

They listened as the guard walked up the corridor, his baton banging against the metal cell doors. The sound got louder the closer he got. When he was almost on top of them, Rogue flicked the switch in her head and turned her skin on, preparing to strike.

When the noise stopped suddenly, Rogue crouched down and shielding herself as much as she could she looked around the corner, curious. The guard who had his back to her had stopped outside one of the cells. Rogue watched as he pulled at the keys attached to his belt, opened the door and walked inside, leaving the door open.

Standing up, Rogue moved around the corner as quietly has she could. She walked down the corridor towards the open cell door. Spying into the cell, Rogue felt her blood run cold. Chained to the wall was a young girl no more than sixteen years old. Tears were running down her dirty face and she was begging the guard to leave her alone.

The guard unbuttoned his trousers and laughed. Rogue heard him say, “If you don’t shut up I’ll give you something to cry about,” as he dropped his trousers and boxers and stood half-naked in front of her.

Having seen and heard enough, Rogue crept into the cell. Raising her hand, she placed it on the back of the guards neck, draining just another of him to weaken him. Rogue flipped the switch of her skin back off. She grabbed the weakened guard by the back of the neck and brought him up to so he could look her in the face.

“Ah’m gonna give ya a reason ta cry,” she promised.

She kneed him in the stomach, making him to bend over. Tightening her hold on him, Rogue rammed him as hard as she could head first into the concrete wall, splitting his head open.

As he laid on his side on the floor, blood trickling down his head, pooling on the floor. Rogue kicked him in the ribs repeatedly. She looked up briefly when Logan walked into the cell, before returning her attention to the squirming man on the floor. Picking her foot up, she stomped on his head.

She bent down and removed the keys from the nearly unconscious man’s belt. Straightening up, she approached the girl chained to the wall. Using the keys she had just taken, she undid the shackles holding the girl and released her. She grabbed the threadbare blanket on a near-by cot and wrapped it around the malnourished girl’s shoulders.

The sound of the guard moaning in pain on the floor got Rogue’s attention. Looking over her shoulder to Logan, she gave him a sick smile and drawled, “Slice the bastard, starting groin first,” before she lead the young abused girl out of the cell.

The sound of the guard’s tortured scream echoed through the building, ignored by everyone. The sounds of torture screams a common occurrence in the lab.

Using the keys she had taken, Rogue opened the other cell doors; each door she opened caused the murdering rage inside her to grow fiercer. Men, woman, and children were all held inside the tiny cells, prisoners because they were mutants, tortured because they were different.
Rogue found the least damaged of the group and instructed him to lead the others out of the facility and to safety on her command.

She told him, “Stay inside this cell until ah give ya the signal ta run,” before she walked out of the cell. The young man followed her out.

“How will I know when you want us to run?” he asked as Logan approached them, covered in the male guard’s blood.

“Believe meh, ya’ll know,” she told him ominously as she and Logan walked further into the building.

*~*~*

Logan and Rogue finally reached the office where the daily staff meeting was taking place. Rogue placed herself to the right of the closed door, Logan to the left as he unsheathed his claws.

Capturing Logan’s eyes, Rogue stared into them a mirage of emotions filling her own, giving him a warm smile, she whispered, “Ya ready?”

Logan nodded his head in affirmation.

She flipped the switch in her head and turned her skin on again while she removed a titanium blade from a holder on her hip.

As she reached for the handle on the door she told Logan, “See you in hell,” before opening the door.

After throwing the door open, Rogue stepped back while Logan launched himself through it, sinking his claws into anyone in front of him.

Rogue quickly followed him through, the knife in her hand easily slicing through the flesh of the people who tried to subdue her.

The sounds of bloodcurdling screams travelled down the narrow corridors, bouncing off the concrete walls. Realising that was his cue, the young man Rogue had put in charge of the prisoners ushered them out of the small cell they were in and down the corridors away from the sounds of the screams, up a flight of stairs and out of the building to the man Rogue said would be waiting for them.

Back in the building, Rogue and Logan were attacking anything in a uniform that moved.

Grabbing hold of a blonde-haired woman, Rogue rammed her head first into a steel filling cabinet before she stabbed her in the back of her neck with her knife.
Spinning around, she elbowed a brown-haired man in the nose, breaking it. Raising her knife, she slit his throat, dropping him to the floor before moving onto her next victim.

Logan was equally engaging in his blood lust, sinking his claws into a man’s back, severing his spinal column.
Logan and Rogue stabbed, sliced, and slit until all the guards were lying dead or dying on the floor, with the exception of one. The man in charge of the facility was cowering in a corner.

Logan stomped over to him and lifted him up by the back of his neck. Slamming him face first on desk, Logan put pressure on the back of his neck, grounding his face into the splintered wood.

“What...who...are...you?” he whimpered.

Rogue sashayed across the room to the desk and nodded at Logan. She watched as Logan yanked the man up.

The man stared at Rogue in horror, as she stood before him in her blood-soaked clothes, her usually white bangs stained blood red and her face and hands matted with blood of the victims she had killed. The sight was terrifying. What truly terrified him was the look in her eyes, hatred mixed with euphoria; the hatred aimed at him and the euphoria at what she had done.

“Ah’m Raven,” she told him. “And this is Wolverine,” she added, waving in the direction of Logan.

What colour that remain in the man’s face drained as she introduced herself and Logan.

Seeing this a huge smile graced Rogue face, making her look insane, “Ah think he’s heard of us.”

Logan grunted in reply, tightening his hold on the squirming man.

Rogue moved closer to Logan and the squirming man he held in his grasp. The closer Rogue got, the more the man squirmed.

“Ya see ah have a problem. Ah was hired ta kill Wolverine here. And ah did try, but in the end ah discovered fucking him was more fun...”

“Thanks darlin’” Logan interrupted.

“You’re welcome sugah,” Rogue replied with a smile before continuing. “Ya see, mah problem is not that ah was hired ta kill him, or fucking him. That was the highlight. No mah problem is, why ah was hired ta kill him? Mah problem is that this whole thing was a set-up. You’ve probably got a empty cell with mah name on... Well, there all empty now, but that’s another story.”

Rogue raised the knife in her hand and placed the tip next to his right eye. She slowly dragged it down across his cheek, curving it along his lips to his jaw with just enough pressure to slice into his skin, a trail of blood trickled down his face.

Rogue hopped off the table and stepped back. She smiled at Logan, who smiled back, before ramming the man’s bleeding face hard into the desk. He grabbed a hold of the man’s hand and held it flat against the wooden surface of the desk.

“Hold it there sugah,” Rogue instructed as she grabbed hold of her knife again. She gripped it tightly, and with as much force as she could muster, she brought it down, piercing the man’s flesh and embedding it in the desk. The man screamed in agony.

Rogue left the knife in his hand while she walked over to a filling cabinet. She pulled it open and removed the files, stuffing them in her rucksack.

She saw Logan looking at her curiously, “So they know how to treat them,” she said, alluding to the Dragon Samurai’s. Understanding what she meant, Logan nodded at her before turning his attention back to the whimpering man beside him.

Rogue walked back to the desk and the man attached to it. She yanked the knife out of his hand and watched as he collapsed to the floor, clutching his injured hand.
She grabbed him by the back of his head and dragged him back to his feet. She moved her hand from the back of his head to his throat.

“The people in this lab have been raped, tortured, mutilated, and if their lucky killed. Some of them were children, just babies. What kind of sick bastard are you?”

“Mutants, not people,” he spat.

“Wrong answer,” Rogue intoned. Kneeing him in the stomach, she grabbed a hold of him and rammed the back of his head into the wall, cracking his skull. She let him slide to the floor. She turned to Logan. “Kill the bastard and make him suffer.”

Logan unsheathed his claws again and stalked towards the man, cowering on the floor, blood flowing freely from his many wounds.

Logan bent down, dragged the man back to his feet and pinned him to the wall. Logan flexed his hand at the side of him. Lifting his hand up, he placed the dull side of his claws against the man’s throat. He slowly dragged them down the terrified man’s body, resting them just above the man’s groin. He pulled his hand back, then punched forward, burying his claws into the man’s stomach. Logan slowly dragged his hand up, shredding the man apart. He dragged the claws up to his chest, slicing through his organs. He stopped just below the man’s collarbone and retracted his claws while they were still buried deep in the man’s body.

The man slumped forward. Unsheathing his claws again, Logan reared back then swung forward, cutting the man’s head off.

“Nice,” Rogue drawled from behind him where she was gathering anything of importances.

“Thanks,” Logan grunted as he walked up to her. Grabbing a hold of her, he captured her lips in a demanding kiss, thrusting his tongue into her mouth.

Rogue groaned low in her throat. Returning the kiss, she ran her tongue along Logan’s teeth before duelling with his tongue.

Logan trailed a series of kisses down Rogue neck, as he dropped his hands to her ass. He pulled her to him, grounding his growing erection into her.

“Sugah... as... as...much as ah’d... oh gawd... like ta... we really... don’t have the time,” Rogue moaned.

“FUCK!” Logan groaned.

“Later, ah promise,” Rogue told him as she disenaged herself from his grasp.

“I’ll hold ya to that,” Logan growled, as he willed his erection away.

*~*~*

Once they had got everything they needed the two of them headed out of the door, heading the way they came in the two of them quickly made it out of the building.

The two of them crossed the compound with ease and headed back to the plane. As they reached the edge of the woods, half a dozen military jeeps came racing down the road towards them.

“RUN!” Rogue yelled.

They ran as fast as they could through the woods, weaving in and out of the trees. The sound of the jeeps stopping and people getting out could be heard. The soldiers could be heard entering the woods after them.

Logan and Rogue moved further into the woods and away from the plane that was waiting for them.

Rogue crouched down low behind a tree.

“How many?” she asked Logan, who stood behind her.

“About two dozen,” he answered.

“What the fuck are we gonna do?” she asked. “They’re fucking armed and ah’m not bulletproof.”

“We...” he started but trailed over as he heard something above him.

“What the fuck is that?” Rogue asked as she heard the same noise.

“The Blackbird,” Logan smirked.

“The X-Men,” Rogue said.

“Yeah,” Logan replied as a bullet hit the tree they were hiding behind. “Fuck, move.”

Logan jumped out from behind the tree as another bullet flew through the air towards them. It hit Logan in the shoulder, knocking him back.

As the shooter took aim, again about to shoot Logan again, a red laser beam hit the shooter in the back.
Thunder and lightning crackled overhead in the sky as a gush of wind knock several of the soldiers over.

As another soldier lifted his weapon to take a shot at Logan, the gun was encased in a block of ice.

Sparkles of fireworks attacked another soldier, disarming him.

Another was blown back by an exploding card.

A flash of blue caught Rogue’s attention the smell of sulphur assaulted her sense of smell.

“Rogue!” Kurt cried.

“Kurt, what are you doing here?” Rogue asked.

“Wanted to see you,” he replied.

“Kurt’s it dangerous, ah’m dangerous.”

“You are meine schwester,” he told her.

“You really don’t give up do ya?”

“Nein.”

Rogue couldn’t help but smile at him. “Let’s get out of here,” she said.

“Ja,” Kurt agreed.

As she turned to leave, Rogue saw a soldiers over Kurt’s shoulder. She watched in horror as he aimed his weapon at Kurt’s back. Not taking a second to think, Rogue screamed, “KURT!” and pushed him out of the way.

As he was pushed to the floor, Kurt heard Rogue scream his name. As he hit the ground, he looked up and saw a bullet fly through the air and hit Rogue directly in the chest.

Rogue felt the building sensation of the bullet tearing through her flesh. She fell backwards, landing hard on the ground, the stars of the night sky twinkling above her, as a flash of lightening brighten up the night. She heard the distinctive sound of Logan unsheathing his claws and them being sunken into someone’s flesh.

“ROGUE!” Logan yelled as he race to his fallen lover, throwing himself down next to her as Kurt appeared the other the other side of her.

“Arg...” Rogue choked, as blood filled her lungs.

“HANK!” Kurt yelled.

Hank raced to the scene. The image that greeted him shocking him to his core.

Rogue lay on her back, her blood soaked shirt sticking to her skin. Kurt was kneeling by her side, mumbling in German, his rosary clutched tightly in his hand.

However, what truly shocked Hank was the sight of Logan. Having been witness to a plethora of different aspects of Logan’s life, but in all the years the two had been friends, Hank had never seen Logan looking so devastated as he did cradling the form of his injured lover. Hank decided then that he was going to do everything in his power to help the young woman, regardless of his own feeling towards her.

Having heard the shout, Remy came racing towards them as well, “Oh no,” he cried at the sight of Rogue as he sped over to her.

Hank knelt beside Kurt and looked at Rogue. Reaching a hand out, he placed it on Logan’s shoulder.

“Logan, you have to let her go so I can treat her,” he said. “Please, Logan.”

Logan gently laid Rogue on her back on the ground but refused to move away from her.

Hank examined Rogue as best he could in the location they found themselves in. Her pulse was weak and erratic, she was breathing in short ragged breathes.

“Fix her Hank,” Remy ordered from where he was kneeling above Rogue’s head.

“I can’t,” Hank admitted painfully. “I don’t have the supplies and even if I did I’m not sure what good I could do. I think the bullet that hit her has punctured her lung. I’m sorry, if we...” He trailed off, knowing nothing he could say would help.

The sound of wheezing brought all their attention back to Rogue.

“Ugh... time to go...” she choked blood trickling down her mouth.

“No chere, you gonna be fine,” Remy told her as a tear slipped down his cheek.

“Ya... ah... ter...rib..le... liar... Remy,” she wheezed.

“No darlin’ I can save ya,” Logan told her as he gathered her in his arms again.

“NO!” Rogue coughed. “Let meh go.”

“Nien.”

“It’s mah time,” she rasped. “Ah pla...yed... arg... the cards... ah... was.. dea...lt.,”

“Please, darlin’” Logan begged.

“It’s... okay... sug..ah,” she told him. “Ga...me... of... life... only... one...sure... win...ner.”

“Rogue please,” Logan begged again, his tears flowing freely down his face.

“Marie...” was the last thing she said before she took her last breath, going limp in Logan’s arms.
Chapter End Notes:
Again I can't speak German, I just hope I haven't buggered it up to much